Hes father confirmed he got "mad" after seeing 2 gay people kiss 1 month before, and he decided to take actions in the name of Allah and the coran.

There are places in the world where homosexuals are commonly thrown off buildings or hung in public from cranes. We truly live in a barbaric sick world.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTophat View Post
    TL;DR Thread devolves into a bunch of Europeans being self-righteous assholes while people snark and snipe about gun control and religion. Could almost copy and paste previous threads of this nature and have the exact same content.

Yep time to abandon the bastion of champions for a few days I think.
    It could be worse. In youtube it's leftwing and rightwing arguing which kind of false flag this was.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    So now.....
    1. Mateen was American. Born in New York.
    2. According to his father, this was likely not a religious motivated attack. Mateen was an outright homophobe.
    I wonder what made him a homophobe.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    Well, maybe not explicitly religious. It's not crazy to say that his homophobia was exacerbated by is faith.
    There are plenty of secular homophobes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Well, aren't you defeated? You're literally at the mercy of the gun lobby indoctrinating the country into arming up until everyone is a danger to everyone else. Potentially. I'm waiting every week for someone to make a stand and say no more, no more guns, no more stupidity. Alas, I am disappointed every week. More guns, more stupidity, more shootings. Tell me honestly, this now being a weekly thing, how long do you want people to care? For the 52th week in a row? How long can you care before just throwing up your hands in the air and going "To hell with it, I'm all out of tears, do what you want..."
    I'm waiting too. I guess I still just have hope that one of these times, something will change.

50 people for fucks sake. And that number will rise. Can you imagine being on that SWAT team entering that building?

I want to make a Floridaman joke but this is too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Cricket22 View Post
    Yeah, I knew he was From Afghanistan too, just didn't think it was relevant to mention. I knew the shooter's name at 8 this morning, because that's I turned on Fox News.

A police chief's press release is not more authoritative than the FBI agent working the case or the 2 congressmen who were weighing in.

This entire nonsensical argument is nothing more than a diversionary tactic, to draw attention away from the fact that this was an act of Islamic terrorism against our country.
    Dude, I was on CNN and FOX. Both did not reported the name before the press release.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Well...most homophobes find their homophobia through one faith or another, whether it's Islam or Christianity.

I'm aware. I'm saying that in this specific instance it's not crazy to say that Islam reinforced this guy's homophobia.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by turboether View Post
    I want to make a Floridaman joke but this is too much.
    Yes, yes it is. Please don't

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    Hes father confirmed he got "mad" after seeing 2 gay people kiss 1 month before, and he decided to take actions in the name of Allah and the coran.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mavett View Post
    According to the gunman's father, he was pissed off after seeing a male couple kiss.
    what a shit stain.
    This is just incredibly horrible. Instead of minding his own business like a reasonable person, this sad excuse of a human being kills and injures around 100 people.

My sincerest condolences to all relatives, and rest in peace everyone who died today.

Deleted
    If you trace homophobia back to the source, you'll find that in most cases it's religiously motivated.

Quote Originally Posted by Peterpewn View Post
    I wonder what made him a homophobe.
    Ask the ones on this forum. There are plenty of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

If he made any social media comments that will be telling.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    So now.....
    1. Mateen was American. Born in New York.
    2. According to his father, this was likely not a religious motivated attack. Mateen was an outright homophobe.
    Wow, just wow. I'm starting to feel hot with anger... how can someone be like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Well...most homophobes find their homophobia through one faith or another, whether it's Islam or Christianity.
    Well if the dad specifically says it wasn't religion than I'm just saying it was possible it wasn't that.

As of now the evidence is that the shooter,

1.) is a US citizen and
    2.) apparently bought guns legally.

I've often argued for stricter gun regulations in the form of more comprehensive background checks, mental health screenings, etc. At the same time I've reassured critics, as many others have, that 'this is not about taking your guns.'

I think I'm going to change my position: We should take your guns, sorry. As much fun as it is to shoot PBR cans with an assault rifle back behind your trailer, it's not worth this.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    I'm waiting too. I guess I still just have hope that one of these times, something will change.

50 people for fucks sake. And that number will rise. Can you imagine being on that SWAT team entering that building?
    Dunno, ask the Paris police, I heard they know that feeling... Thing is, this needs to stop. I don't even care how you lot do it, either you put the entire population into an asylum or you take away all the dick extensions, but this is actually bordering on morbid comedy.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well if the dad specifically says it wasn't religion than I'm just saying it was possible it wasn't that.
    It's possible. I could also see that being a tactic of self-protection, as his father is likely an adherent to Islam and has a motive to detract criticism. Moreover, it's pretty likely that his father was responsible for instilling Islamic ideology into his son. I can see some guilt there.