Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    I would rather not risk it. As in, I don't think all/the majority of mass murders can be stopped simply by doing mental health checks. I think it's risky to think that these checks would be the simple solution to this problem.

Maybe it would be helpful to rephrase. Maybe no one could be sane at the time of shooting, but a sane person can go insane at any time. I think that might encapsulate what you're talking about while refraining from inferring that mental health checks would be the silver bullet, so to speak.
    Yeah there is definitely no easy solution. Ideology really does kill people like nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by Azgraal View Post
    Why is every news outlet (even here in the EU) calling it a "shooting" instead of what it really was? A domestic act of terrorism.
    Every media site I've visited has cited the FBI as saying "this event is being investigated as an act of domestic terrorism." Literally all of them.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Natiry427 View Post
    Isn't it strange though at every other mass shooting, which seems to be a crime popular with white people, religion is never mentioned? The Sandy Hook shooter was an extreme nihilist. So was the V Tech shooter. So was the Aurora shooter. Yet no one mentions this but when it has to do with brown people, they blame their relgion?
    Mass shootings are actually more popular with blacks than anyone else thanks to gang related shootings, whites are just better at getting the media attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Eviscero View Post
    You a member of the KKK? Cause you sound like an extremist who thinks their sad little hold-out of a bygone, bigoted era is much more powerful and relevant than it really is. Waco might happen again, but 1776? Please, you're a pathetically small minority that is only getting smaller.

Member of the KKK? I feel really sorry for you, you might have to go back to school and get a real education you social justice warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    I don't think you understand just how strict gun regulations are in liberal states like New York, California or Illinois. I'm not trying to make this a partisan issue but it is honestly almost impossible to buy guns in these states, particularly California.

I think you are being overly pessimistic here. Americans do get horrified when stuff like this happens but they react in different ways based largely on their political and religious beliefs. This issue will trigger a discussion of both gun control and the place of Muslims in America.

The honest best chance I think to preventing things like this is to have more armed guards in public places or allow people with CCW to carry in public areas.
    Buying guns... what's banning the purchase of guns in NYC worth when you can drive across the bridge and get a gun in Jersey, drive back and shoot around some? Those are token gestures worth jack shit. I'm not actually pessimistic. I've been robbed of the overly optimistic view I had of the US when I was younger. The ratings are soaring right now, the media has never had better ratings than during tragedies like these. The gun lobby is opening champagne bottles right now, they know their quarterly budget is already done with a bonus on top. You have actual groups in your economy that PROFIT from this shit.

Ok, let's go with the typical gun logic. More guns = more security, right? So, why don't you give out guns for free? Why do people have to buy them in the first place? Ah, I guess it's not important enough.. okay then. Well... ok, more armed guards. That's one step closer to actually having a guard posted at every junction. Is that the endgame for you here? Is that how you want to live?

Again, this is all your decision as a people. And you have no answer. And the one answer that Europeans repeatedly present to you, TOTAL AND UNCONDITIONAL gun control (except for certified hunters, sport shooters and etc.), which means possession is illegal, you will not try. You have never tried it and you will never try it. It's not just that we think you're wrong, what makes me think that this is actually the US population actually accepting shootings as part of the regular program is that you won't even try it earnestly.

Well then... see you next week I guess?
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Clearly this event is irrefutable proof that America needs more guns, less federal government and Donald trump.

otherwise, it was a monster kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post
    I agree that Islamic extremists shouldn't be able to obtain weapons.
    Good luck getting the notion of "restricting freedom based on an individuals religion" past the constitution. Be sure to let me know how that turns out.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

I just want to make sure... do we already have a force of people excusing\protecting these extremist Muslims?

On topic: It's a shame when these things happen. The western world is at war - how many people will have to die so that the regressive left realizes it?

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    Every media site I've visited has cited the FBI as saying "this event is being investigated as an act of domestic terrorism." Literally all of them.
    By every news outlet he of course means the one, terrible online source from which he gets all his news.

Quote Originally Posted by apples View Post
    those guns were typically hot guns that came from the US in the first place

the number of guns manufactured in SA is small and are typically ghost guns
    But they still exist in other places and they will continue too long after guns are completely banned in the US.

There will be a huge black market for guns that will result in a lot of deaths if guns were ever completely banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampiroth View Post
    Yeah I support the 2nd amendment but Alex Jones is a fucking nutjob.

Again, i was talking about Tim Kennedy not Alex Jones but whatever floats your boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Buying guns... what's banning the purchase of guns in NYC worth when you can drive across the bridge and get a gun in Jersey, drive back and shoot around some? Those are token gestures worth jack shit. I'm not actually pessimistic. I've been robbed of the overly optimistic view I had of the US when I was younger. The ratings are soaring right now, the media has never had better ratings than during tragedies like these. The gun lobby is opening champagne bottles right now, they know their quarterly budget is already done with a bonus on top. You have actual groups in your economy that PROFIT from this shit.

Ok, let's go with the typical gun logic. More guns = more security, right? So, why don't you give out guns for free? Why do people have to buy them in the first place? Ah, I guess it's not important enough.. okay then. Well... ok, more armed guards. That's one step closer to actually having a guard posted at every junction. Is that the endgame for you here? Is that how you want to live?

Again, this is all your decision as a people. And you have no answer. And the one answer that Europeans repeatedly present to you, TOTAL AND UNCONDITIONAL gun control (except for certified hunters, sport shooters and etc.), which means possession is illegal, you will not try. You have never tried it and you will never try it. It's not just that we think you're wrong, what makes me think that this is actually the US population actually accepting shootings as part of the regular program is that you won't even try it earnestly.

Well then... see you next week I guess?
    Most gun crimes in the country are from illegally obtained firmarms...

But if you just lock people who own them up then you guys will bitch more then you do about the prison system

Quote Originally Posted by Canpinter View Post
    because if we can deal with the reason why people do this kinda thing it wont happen? you need both means and motive, remove ether and it doesn't happen.
    Like what the fuck do you want to do if they want to do it for whatever reason?

If it was extremist ideology, what could you possibly do to remove their motive? Hold hands and sing kumbaya?

Remove the means, and the motive hardly matters.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Quote Originally Posted by Fadeslol View Post
    Again, i was talking about Tim Kennedy not Alex Jones but whatever floats your boat.
    You cited infowars.com, a site run by conspiracy loonbag Alex Jones.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    But they still exist in other places and they will continue too long after guns are completely banned in the US.

There will be a huge black market for guns that will result in a lot of deaths if guns were ever completely banned.
    ok.

you realize thats a terrible argument right?

or is banning cocaine bad because even though youve banned it it wont immediately and magically go away?

you couldve said that other countries would step up and replace the manufacturing void

but that wouldve been a smart argument, something that has no place in this thread

Quote Originally Posted by Fadeslol View Post
    Member of the KKK? I feel really sorry for you, you might have to go back to school and get a real education you social justice warrior.
    I'm likening your position on guns to being a member of the KKK, both in scale of adoption and relevance in today's world.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Man, I really don't want to bash the US in this thread, but you guys are making it too fucking easy not to do it. Banning alcohol and banning guns is not only totally not the same, banning alcohol like that is also one of the most stupid political moves in the history of politics. Banning guns, however, is done in many countries of the world. And you don't want to do it, fair enough. But don't cry about mass shootings. This is by design, the US population is assisting in this. You're all just watching and doing nothing.
    the point is banning anything will not work in this country. here's another example - the war on drugs. yeah its been working soooooo well for us. or the whole morality crap and criminalizing of prostitution, also worked out incredibly well for us... not. or hell - banning abortions. banning abortions just resulted in women dying to illegal ones.

banning the tool will not fix the underlying issue. it won't. it will put a temporary bandaid on it at best, until those who are hateful enough to be willing to commit these acts of mass murder - will find other tools, or get banned tools illegally. I brought up prohibition specifically because people just started making their own moonshine but what's worse - it gave a major boost to gang culture and organized crime.

the problems we have in this country go far far deeper than availability to guns but those problems would be much more difficult to fix, will take longer - so lets just go with easier bandaid of banning the tool amirite? even though history proves again and again that it will only make it worse in a long run

P.S. talking firearms across state lines onto a state with different laws without special provisions is illegal and punishable by law. the problem is - the only people this law seems to punish are the law abiding ones who crossed state lines by accident and didn't realize that they probably shouldn't disclose their LEGAL firearm ownership to that state cop that stopped them for whatever reason.
    Last edited by Witchblade77; 2016-06-12 at 04:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    You can bet it is those right wing bigots// terrorists behind this, if some muslim was behind this it would be covered a lot harder and all the right wingers out there would be screaming bloody murder trump trump trump trump etc etc etc
    And someone's trying to relate this to the election and use it as a political talking point before the bodies are even cold, what a joke.

I sure hope your conviction that it's some right wingers is true or you are going to look pretty dang silly
    You're a towel.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apples View Post
    ok.

you realize thats a terrible argument right?

or is banning cocaine bad because even though youve banned it it wont immediately and magically go away?
    Don't try to reason with him. He's Japanese.

Infracted
    Last edited by -aiko-; 2016-06-12 at 04:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post
    The problem is, if I tell you what the shooter's *real* motivation was, you probably won't believe me.
    Well, that's because you can't tell the difference between "don't give a damn" and "don't believe".

I don't give a damn if he's demented or suicidal or what, I only care why anyone in US can just shop for guns like grocery shopping for apples and oranges, a travesty of which you can't find anywhere else in the first world.
    Last edited by PosPosPos; 2016-06-12 at 04:02 PM.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future