Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Only on .22LR lol
    I saw it across the board. Doesn't last too long but it surely is annoying. I usually end up going through my brother in-law who does reloading.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowofVashj View Post
    This is probably one of the most valid comments ever made about US gun politics. Cheers sir.
    Well its true and I am about as pro-gun as you get on these forums.

Just so we are clear (again) - it would have been wrong to enact additional legislation under the emotional duress of 20 dead kids. So with that said, nothing was done, so people really think 49 dead gays is going to be the magic ticket?

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Can't believe certain parts of the media are using this as an excuse to bash video game violence. Video games have nothing to do with this tragedy.
    Assholes will always try to bring the unrelated into the mix to push their agenda.
    Your powers are useless on me you silly billy...

Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    I read he had a fully automatic ar-15, how did he acquire that when he has been on the fbi watchlist and also employed by the DHS through a subcontractor?. Things are starting to not add up.
    Then you either read wrong or you read something by someone like Bernie who doesn't know the difference between semi auto and full auto. You can't buy a full auto weapon.
    Last edited by Cerus; 2016-06-13 at 02:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nfinitii View Post
    The FBI interrogated him twice in 2013 and once in 2014, then this happened. He is an Isis sympathizer, obviously something is wrong.
    So he was interrogated by the FBI three times, and they found nothing substantive to hold him?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Quote Originally Posted by Xada View Post
    Assholes will always try to bring the unrelated into the mix to push their agenda.
    So pretty much most people in this thread? haha! /flamesuit

Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    Pull me the source on that, Mr. Stats.

http://www.uphs.upenn.edu/news/news_.../2014/01/band/

What I'm seeing is that a bullet is easier to survive.

In this very mass shooting case, there were more surviving victims than dead victims.
    Depends on where you get stabbed, most stab attacks we see here are usually on arms/legs etc as the victim tries to defend them selves. Most sources I see say the same thing. As for this attack if he had a knife I would almost say for sure there would not be 50 dead. A Semi auto or full auto rifle is just a better killing tool. To say otherwise is ignorance.

Some source on stab wounds - http://woundcaresociety.org/how-like...e-a-stab-wound.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Yeah hes on watch lists and investigated twice by the FBI... wtf
    Investigated, well.. might be semantics now, but I would say questioned by the FBI is the better term now, over some reports made against him.
    In both cases they found no evidence, hence they've let go.
    Now is that bad? Obviously, in this case it was bad.
    But in overall it is not bad.
    It's the tax we pay for the first amendment for that matter.
    Everyone can say what they want almost unrestrained. Along with that comes that everyone can accuse anyone with whatever they want too.
    Most of the time, those reports are found to be false or exaggerated, and that's it.
    It would require a fortune teller to see into the future and know everything.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Just so we are clear (again) - it would have been wrong to enact additional legislation under the emotional duress of 20 dead kids. So with that said, nothing was done, so people really think 49 dead gays is going to be the magic ticket?
    maybe not, but it doesnt keep any one side from pushing an agenda. left-no guns. right-more guns. etc etc. whats unfortunate is the fact that we cant come together to come up with a solution that works as opposed to knee jerk reactions etc

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by petej0 View Post
    He wasnt on the watch list.
    ive been reading he was, since he was being watched and investigated.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Investigated, well.. might be semantics now, but I would say questioned by the FBI is the better term now, over some reports made against him.
    In both cases they found no evidence, hence they've let go.
    Now is that bad? Obviously, in this case it was bad.
    But in overall it is not bad.
    It's the tax we pay for the first amendment for that matter.
    Everyone can say what they want almost unrestrained. Along with that comes that everyone can accuse anyone with whatever they want too.
    Most of the time, those reports are found to be false or exaggerated, and that's it.
    It would require a fortune teller to see into the future and know everything.
    Fair enough

Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    Then you either read wrong or you read something by someone like Bernie who doesn't know the difference between semi auto and full auto. You can't buy a full out weapon.
    Well that is not entirely true.

You can buy an automatic weapon as a civilian in the USA under the following conditions:

- Made prior to 1986
    - Approved directly by the ATF (6 month average wait time)
    - Pay ATF a $200 fee
    - Have about $20,000 due to artificial inflation (dwindling stock) because of prior listed conditions.

The only other means around this is to work for a government agency and be issued an automatic weapon by your department.
    Last edited by TITAN308; 2016-06-13 at 02:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll take that bet under a couple of conditions. The gun has to be holstered and I get the knife and 21 feet from you.

You can shoot me if you can. /ninja
    hahaha , I don't trust you
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Stood in the Fire ShadowofVashj's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    In the basement of Oribos playing cards with fellow Ebon Knights and Cartel members.
    You know I really feel bad for a lot of you posters in this thread. A lot of you are making really good and logical points. But you're all failing to realize that what we're dealing with is illogical by nature. Religion is not supposed to be logical, that's where "faith" comes in.

So here we are, a bunch of logical based people trying to understand or discuss the actions of illogical people. It's frustrating. But culturally we're still in a place in this world where religion has high regard so until something changes we will continue to see nonsense like this.

Sucks but it is what it is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Yeah, this is fucking stupid. If one group is much more dangerous to society than the other, they aren't the same. I realize you're going to maintain a fastidious ostrich-stance for the sake of virtue signaling though, so I guess that'll be that.
    Well you come with an emotional appeal on how this was the biggest one and therefore Islam was somehow bad. I'm merely pointing out that it is a cultural difference, not as much one that stems from the religion it self. I know it is hard to separate it, but that isn't any reason not to at the very least try to see it objectively. Religion might have rules that people are supposed to follow, but how they are enforced is much more cultural then it is religious. If Christians were to follow the exact word of the bible they would be executing gays too and do all sorts of weird shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    maybe not, but it doesnt keep any one side from pushing an agenda. left-no guns. right-more guns. etc etc. whats unfortunate is the fact that we cant come together to come up with a solution that works as opposed to knee jerk reactions etc
    Except the left is not no guns. Its never been no guns by anyone with any power or authority. Even regular dems are simply for restrictions, not full bans. I mean maybe people on this forum are, but then again... its a forum.

Just so we are clear (again) - it would have been wrong to enact additional legislation under the emotion duress of 20 dead kids. So with that said, nothing was done, so people really think 49 dead gays is going to be the magic ticket?
    The difference is it is "their month", they have a support group, they are considered a minority, they were already considered the "victim" and most importantly the have celebrities backing them up. The children id not have all this. They were everyday Americans. Hollywood will take it up as a "worthy cause". Even Democrats and liberals will talk about this during the election.

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    The difference is it is "their month", they have a support group, they are considered a minority, they were already considered the "victim" and most importantly the have celebrities backing them up. The children id not have all this. They were everyday Americans. Hollywood will take it up as a "worthy cause". Even Democrats and liberals will talk about this during the election.
    I disagree.

"Its for the children" has been the rally banner since the dawn of using kids as political pawns.

Time will tell, but as I said, personally I have my doubts that a bunch of gay dead people will trump a bunch of dead kids.

Keep in mind a lot of democrats are minorities and those minorities don't take kindly to gays to start with.

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    Depends on where you get stabbed, most stab attacks we see here are usually on arms/legs etc as the victim tries to defend them selves. Most sources I see say the same thing. As for this attack if he had a knife I would almost say for sure there would not be 50 dead. A Semi auto or full auto rifle is just a better killing tool. To say otherwise is ignorance.

Some source on stab wounds - http://woundcaresociety.org/how-like...e-a-stab-wound.
    That source says nothing at all about gunshot wounds in comparison, mine does.
    Sure, a gun is better if you are going on a mass killing spree, but it's mortality rate is from what I can see not higher. You'd be hard pressed to find a mass shooting with a higher number of dead than injured. I'm sure cases like that exist, but almost every major mass shooting has a higher rate of injuries than fatalities.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    ive been reading he was, since he was being watched and investigated.
    Granted everything is still early, but this is what I read.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/orlando-...n-omar-mateen/

Hopper says the claims were "thoroughly investigated" and Mateen was interviewed twice. But officials couldn't verify the substance of the comments, and the investigation was closed.

Mateen again surfaced on federal radar in 2014, Hopper said, as someone who may have had ties to a suicide bomber. Mateen was again interviewed, but investigators determined the contact was minimal and didn't constitute a threat. That investigation was also closed out, Hopper said.

Mateen was not on a current terror watchlist, a U.S. intelligence source tells Tepper. He was entered into a terrorist screening database during the time the FBI was questioning him, but he was removed when the FBI closed the investigation, Tepper reports.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Uuuuhhh did u media black out during the whole sandy hook thing?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by petej0 View Post
    Granted everything is still early, but this is what I read.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/orlando-...n-omar-mateen/
    Alright my point about that is withdrawn.