Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    What? If it is not related then why bring it up when someone writes "No it's because they are dead, in the first week it was because of your reason and it was at Medium and occasionally bumped back up to High.. Now it's just low all the time and the server is dead compared to before, so you're entirely wrong."?
    You'd think you could read a post you're manually quoting - he denied the server upgrades existence in the opener and says its due to the servers being dead. This is factually incorrect as we saw the upgrade happen far too quick to be sub drop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    Well... Since I never said that. Ok?
    It seemed somewhat implicit, because otherwise your statement has absolutely nothing to do with the topic at hand.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    You'd think you could read a post you're manually quoting - he denied the server upgrades existence in the opener and says its due to the servers being dead. This is factually incorrect as we saw the upgrade happen far too quick to be sub drop.
    Again, I don't really see what the labels on the realms have to do with anything. There are dead realms that have been merged. There is now increased capacity on all of the realms. So why aren't more realms being merged in the same way they were prior to WoD launching?

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Again, I don't really see what the labels on the realms have to do with anything. There are dead realms that have been merged. There is now increased capacity on all of the realms. So why aren't more realms being merged in the same way they were prior to WoD launching?
    Once again NOTHING to do with what I said. I was pointing out they happened to someone who said they didn't.
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Why you need so many players around? Blizzard desing is that your only community is your guild.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    What is their excuse?
    I am sad that they didn't stop doing it before my server got connected.

I did read his post as well as the post he replied to and he does not deny that sever upgrades happened he even mentions them "...in the first week it was because of your reason[the server upgrades]" Perhaps it is your ability to read posts that is the issue?

Seeing as we do not have access to any sub data or how realms report their population it is impossible to say one way or the other whether most realms being reported as low pop is a result of a drop in subs, due the upgrades, another unknown factor or a combination of reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Seeing as we do not have access to any sub data or how realms report their population it is impossible to say one way or the other whether most realms being reported as low pop is a result of a drop in subs, due the upgrades, another unknown factor or a combination of reasons.
    It happens on every server at once in a region within 24 hours, many previously showing 'high'? It's not an organic drop.

This isn't difficult.

10+ Year Old Account
    Once again NOTHING to do with what I said. I was pointing out they happened to someone who said they didn't.
    I don't see where anyone denied it, it was used as a reason why some may now be listed as low that weren't before; but there were many listed as low anyway. Either way, we're talking at cross purposes. What they're listed as isn't really relevant to the discussion, and at this point, bringing it up is nothing more than deflection and denial of a widely reported issue. The question, and I'll repeat it is this:

Why, given the new higher population caps, with continued and anecdotally increasing issues with low population realms, are realms not being merged as they were before the launch of WoD?

Quote Originally Posted by Septik View Post
    honestly im surprised they didnt just lump all the servers in to 3 (or 4) timezone based mega realms.
    since a long time this is with no excuses the only thing they should do. but what about that absurd amount of money they get with services like realm transfers. greed, thats the only reason. nothing else.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbazz View Post
    no it's because they are dead, in the first week it was because of your reason and it was at medium and occasionally bumped back up to high.. Now it's just low all the time and the server is dead compared to before, so you're entirely wrong.
    you haf listen to me! Dey all dead! All server dead! A am right becus i know i am!

Fuck logic!

Why, given the new higher population caps, with continued and anecdotally increasing issues with low population realms, are realms not being merged as they were before the launch of WoD?
    Probably because blizzard didn't like the initial backlash or splintered communities that took a while to meld together? Or they have a new idea? Maybe they're just distracted by other things. Maybe they are praying subs will fly back up with the new expansion and stay there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    you haf listen to me! Dey all dead! All server dead! A am right becus i know i am!

Fuck logic!
    The logic being that subs and activity are at their lowest levels since Classic; when there were fewer realms; but individual realm populations are still actually entirely stable and secretly high across the board because those listed as low before the cap increases were never really that low? That's some serious mental gymnastics you're doing there.

Our realm went from being the first european PVE realm to open An'Quirai to over 350 25men heroic guilds during wotlk to now (merged) three mythic raiding groups. When we were merged at the end of mop we were not merged to a larger realm, but to an even lower pop realm. You won't find new players for a guild there, the realm is defacto dead which is one of the reasons many from us stopped playing during wod. They should allow cross-realm mythical raiding from the start (at least for low-pop realms).

I assume they stopped connecting realms because they have connected all that are possible to connect (maybe technical limitations apply, they need to be phsically in the same server farm or need to be connectable in a certain way). But I expected them to announce a solution during WoD, but they did not. I don't know if they plan to fix it, or simply let the realms die, since as you said there is no statement from Blizzard, and people no longer get vocal about it but simply quit.

It happens on every server at once in a region within 24 hours, many previously showing 'high'? It's not an organic drop.

This isn't difficult.
    Oh, I see you're now ignoring that your claim that he denied the server upgrades existed was false.

Did it? Again without having access to data both preceding and after the upgrades it is impossible to tell. We, also, do not know if it did happen within 24 hours only that a few threads appeared within a short space of time and Blizzard later responded that they had upgraded the servers. Without (much) more detailed data it is impossible for anyone outside of Blizzard to determine what was the reason.

However none of that changes the fact that many of us are actually seeing less players on our realms.

I really don't care how they do the servers. But one thing the world needs is the removal of the Brazilians from N/A. I don't care hows its done, as long as it is.

Deleted
    What's the point of connecting servers at this time?

There's an inevitably huge influx of players coming to servers at launch, so this should be something to be done if necessary when things settle down, and they have a better idea of healthy population levels.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
    What's the point of connecting servers at this time?

There's an inevitably huge influx of players coming to servers at launch, so this should be something to be done if necessary when things settle down, and they have a better idea of healthy population levels.
    They did it before WoD.

They did it before WoD.
    Indeed and they have increased server capacity which should go a long way to alleviating any potential problems caused by an influx of new/returning players.

Deleted
    They did it before WoD.
    But then it was new and presumably servers were in a much healthier state than they are right now, so it was perhaps a more worthwhile effort to make.

Why bother connecting dead realms with other dead realms when all you're going to get out of it is still a dead realm?

It's pointless right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Azhtyhx View Post
    Maybe they realized that it was a bad feature we don't want. Having all these people phase in and out everywhere all the time is not fun what so ever. They should have just merged servers from the beginning. Live and learn.
    That's CRZ and I agree that that feature is just aids. It basically amplifies the issues that phasing already has (stuff disappearing) by showing you stuff in other zones on your minimap that's actually on your realm (like a rare, or a gathering node). And when you cross this magical zone border you are sent towards some CRZ zone and the stuff just disappears off the map.

CRZ and cross-realm grouping (in it's current form) completely removed the only benefit that a low population server had. Guilds on your server are dying, the AH is barren and cities are empty, but at least people from every other server can hop onto yours to kill world bosses, rares and loot treasures. When you're leveling an alt it's just awesome to fight people from tons of realms for mobs.