Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    dafuq?!

/10randomstuff
    Its called red flags, spinning red flags that are shooting off 4th of july mortars and rockets, with a batman spotlight. He worked for the dhs for Christ sakes.
    Last edited by Hooked; 2016-06-13 at 07:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Could you be a bit more specific as to which specific view you want me to back up? I'm not exactly sure what about what I said you're trying to rebut.
    If you look at history, people in the Western world don't really ever remember or mourn the hundreds upon hundreds of thousands of innocent Japanese civilians who were killed during the air raids on Japan
    Yet Obama visited Hiroshima last month, I agree with your stance that the crazy bombings done by the allies on the Germans and Japanese during WW2 were uncalled for, but I fail to see why the west is to blame for not having any official gathering to mourn the bombings outside of Japan, there arent even any for the ones done against Germany.

But this isnt exclusively "west spitting on the rest of the world", I don't see Japan mourn the millions of chinese they slaughtered, they ofcourse mourn their own dead.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    yeah I think it's more out of convince then anything. again unless more details show up I don't think ISIS is directly involved in this.
    Keep in mind that tactic has already been used. In the 70's for example, we had a "terrorist group" in the years of political activism in Italy, which publicly claimed loads of attack, even though they had nothing to do with them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    Its called red flags, spinning red flags that are shooting off 4th of july mortars and rockets, with a batman spotlight. He worked for the dhs for Christ sakes.
    Sorry... come again? Serously, I dont know what you're referring to.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    You ever have anything meaningful to say? I thought so.

I don't think so either, to be honest. Just doesn't look like their style.
    Strong words for someone that claimed the only peaceful times in middle east he can think of were ANCIENT EGYPT ahahah.
    Dude... get an education on the matter before approaching the discussion. Otherwise just be silent about it if you're worried people like me come up and ask you "the fuck you talkin 'bout m8"?

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post

#noregrets
    Bubbles "liquor and whores"

Deleted
    I used to think like you OP, then I realised it wasn't that simple:

Keep in mind that tactic has already been used. In the 70's for example, we had a "terrorist group" in the years of political activism in Italy, which publicly claimed loads of attack, even though they had nothing to do with them.
    Didn't Italy's colonization of Ethiopia create that Hell on Earth that is Sudan and Eritrea?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Nobody cares if it's not something that is affecting them.

Just like if some stranger dies of cancer you really don't care but if a friend or family member dies of cancer, all of a sudden someone dying of cancer matters to you greatly.

Emotional disconnect. We all do it.

I've come here multiple times saying that the US drone strikes is the biggest terrorist campaign ever to be waged but the US people quickly handwave.

Noone has a right with a press of a button to be the judge, jury and executioner. NOONE

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Turks used to steal children from the Balkans and the Ukraine area and make them soldier slaves. What were there name? I have to look it up...

The idea was that these soldier slaves would think of the sultan as their parent and be very loyal.

Jen'hadar? No that's not it.
    They literately controlled the ottoman empire, they had a better live then the average citizen.

At best they where slaves only in name

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Janiss...nd_disbandment

By the early 17th century Janissaries had such prestige and influence that they dominated the government
    It was a system which seems allot better than what Europe did in Africa.

Deleted
    Didn't Italy's colonization of Ethiopia create that Hell on Earth that is Sudan and Eritrea?
    uh....

1)the fuck has that to do with my post.
    2)no, although it didnt help.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nanook12 View Post
    Now can anyone please tell me who the real evil is in this conflict?
    It is definitely not the innocent people that died that day and neither is it the innocent people that died in drone strikes. Both sides have done and will do things that can be considered horrible, this does not mean that anyone should side with what you would perceive the "lesser evil". Bad deeds will still be bad deeds.

uh....

1)the fuck has that to do with my post.
    2)no, although it didnt help.
    Well Italy's involvement in Eritrea and the Sudan was colonialism and colonialism gave us the angry Muslim world we have today.

Colonialism gave us Israel for example and we all know what a lightning rod Israel is in the Middle East.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    Well Italy's involvement in Eritrea and the Sudan was colonialism and colonialism gave us the angry Muslim world we have today.

Colonialism gave us Israel for example and we all know what a lightning rod Israel is in the Middle East.
    Hubcap. Go read a book about it then come back ok?

Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post
    I've come here multiple times saying that the US drone strikes is the biggest terrorist campaign ever to be waged but the US people quickly handwave.

Noone has a right with a press of a button to be the judge, jury and executioner. NOONE
    So its fine as long as they don't press a button?

- - - Updated - - -

Hubcap. Go read a book about it then come back ok?
    Which book do you suggest?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    So its fine as long as they don't press a button?

- - - Updated - - -

Which book do you suggest?
    "Islam" by Alessandro Bausani is a great scholastic view of the matter, prior to all this mess, that shines a great light on the matter. I'd recommend it to anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by nanook12 View Post
    No intentions are just as bad if not worse. We wiped out a big chunk of their innocent civilians and we view them simply as collateral damage that should is to be expected. Do you think middle eastern people like the fact that we view their civilians as valuable as dryer lint? Please spare me the intentions argument. I think the massive numbers difference speaks far louder.
    And with ISIS their intention is to kill civilians, so what's worse?

ISIS purposefully targeting civilians as legitimate targets of war

OR

The USA causing the unintentional deaths of civilians

And before you answer, think about this. The war on terror started almost 15 years ago which is what these graphics are based on. 15 years of death that they attribute directly to the war on terror. Also take into account that Saddam Hussein killed more people over less time despite not having as significant of a military force as the USA. So if the USA hadn't have invaded Iraq then what do you think would've happened? Would Saddam have stopped committing acts of war and genocide of his own volition? Probably not, so try to remember the exact context of the situation and don't just sit there and say "oh my god all those people dead, how terrible of the USA" when near the same amount of people would've been dead if we had done nothing.

"Islam" by Alessandro Bausani is a great scholastic view of the matter, prior to all this mess, that shines a great light on the matter. I'd recommend it to anyone.
    So you're saying the European colonialists didn't create Israel by moving 300K Jews into Palestine before WWII?

This is basic history, Djalil.

Let me point out that I'm a friend of Israel.

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    So you're saying the European colonialists didn't create Israel by moving 300K Jews into Palestine before WWII?

This is basic history, Djalil.

Let me point out that I'm a friend of Israel.
    I dont know what the fuck you on about Hubcap. Nor what do you want with me.

- - - Updated - - -

Like... if I read about this exchange Hubcap... I can't really see a direction. You're pretty much posting at random.

I dont know what the fuck you on about Hubcap. Nor what do you want with me.

- - - Updated - - -

Like... if I read about this exchange Hubcap... I can't really see a direction. You're pretty much posting at random.
    Djalil, Djalil, Djalil, I'm explaining to you about why the Muslim world is so angry. Don't you want to know?

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    But Europe stopped for the past 80 years. Everything has changed, people need to get over the past.
    Europe is strong enough to make sure the wars happen in other countries, UK supported america in its 'war on terror', europe has still been at war, just not between its states.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Maybe go back and read what I quoted?
    ok how did i miss that?

america funded al qaeda to draw the soviets into their own vietnam. al qaeda wouldnt be anywhere near the problem it is now if it werent for US support.

US has been using proxies in the middle east to harass the soviets till they collapsed, brzinski (or however his name is spelled) claimed that dragging russia into Afghanistan was one of the main reasons for the collapse of the soviet union.

Sure, they may have had issues before US intervention, but alot of places have disagreements, US poured a ton of fuel onto that fire. It would be like China arming the black lives matter movement and telling them that they would cover their asses if the government tried to combat them.