Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Windows 10 mouse issue

Okay so my computer forced me to update to Windows 10 as I denied it over and over again knowing the problems that come with it. But alas I have it now and I cannot go back >:/

So I've ran into an issue, a couple actually most I fixed myself, this one I cannot...I have a gaming mouse, a razor naga, I log in the other day and its acting funny and beginning to fusterate me as I duel outside of Orgrimmar:

My right click is acting completely unreliable...its like the game reads that I'm pressing it, but then doesn't for a few seconds or more, having to double tap to target because it didn't read it, having to click and hold more then once to mouse turn, having to double click a item to send it in the mail...I thought my mouse was going. I truly did and was getting ready to go out and get a new one. But I come to my desk top and right click around to make the option menu pop up and it works flawlessly. I try it in other programs, its fine. It seems just to be gaming, or atleast just World of Warcraft. I was wondering if anyone knew how to fix this annoyance with Windows 10... I did some digging previously and pulled up this:

This is the solution:
    Please download: ShellExView - Shell Extension Manager For Windows

This program does not require installation, just right click and run as Administrator
    From the menu, click on Options then click on Filter by Extension Type and select Context Menu
    On the list, you'll see some of the entries with pink background, those are installed by the third party software
    Hold down CTRL Key and select all of them then click on the red button on top left corner to disable.
    Click on the Options again and select Restart Explorer
    Now try to right click on desktop to see if it fix your problem. If it does then start to enable one by one and repeat step 5 until the problem occurs again, that's the offending extension.
    its says I should see some entries with a pink background. But I do not ( I have things turned off to improve performance) so maybe that is why I cannot find what these steps ask of me.But I'm unsure and want this to be fixed.

6/6/2016.
    Okay..So I dug out an old normal mouse to see if it could be my mouse in some way and it turns out it is, I guess the issue is easier to notice in games then anywhere else. But it is in fact the mouse. Is there a way I can fix this without going out and buying a new one?
    Last edited by Therris; 2016-06-06 at 05:47 PM.
    There is no good without evil, but evil must not be allowed to flourish
    I will do what I must to keep the balance!

Horde:Driefal-Cravius-Ristir-RonedSenthes

Deleted
    Check your keybinds on your razer naga in the Razer Configure, Mouse > Customize

Quote Originally Posted by Therris View Post
    Okay so my computer forced me to update to Windows 10 as I denied it over and over again knowing the problems that come with it. But alas I have it now and I cannot go back >:/

So I've ran into an issue, a couple actually most I fixed myself, this one I cannot...I have a gaming mouse, a razor naga, I log in the other day and its acting funny and beginning to fusterate me as I duel outside of Orgrimmar:

My right click is acting completely unreliable...its like the game reads that I'm pressing it, but then doesn't for a few seconds or more, having to double tap to target because it didn't read it, having to click and hold more then once to mouse turn, having to double click a item to send it in the mail...I thought my mouse was going. I truly did and was getting ready to go out and get a new one. But I come to my desk top and right click around to make the option menu pop up and it works flawlessly. I try it in other programs, its fine. It seems just to be gaming, or atleast just World of Warcraft. I was wondering if anyone knew how to fix this annoyance with Windows 10... I did some digging previously and pulled up this:

its says I should see some entries with a pink background. But I do not ( I have things turned off to improve performance) so maybe that is why I cannot find what these steps ask of me.But I'm unsure and want this to be fixed.
    Could also be that your mouse is wearing out the buttons on Razer Naga are notorious for wearing down sounds similiar to an issue I had where the contacts got dirty and I had to use contact cleaner on them.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WintersLegion View Post
    Could also be that your mouse is wearing out the buttons on Razer Naga are notorious for wearing down sounds similiar to an issue I had where the contacts got dirty and I had to use contact cleaner on them.
    I had this before, as I explained this isn't the case. Its not reading my actions correctly for whatever reason

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjacoll View Post
    Check your keybinds on your razer naga in the Razer Configure, Mouse > Customize
    See but I don't use the program at all, I never bothered with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Sounds like software lag. Uninstall and reinstall Synapse.
    Would this be the case if I've never used the program, just installed it?

Also make sure your naga is not connected to a USB 2.0 socket.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    Also make sure your naga is not connected to a USB 2.0 socket.
    2.0 socket? What's that?

2.0 socket? What's that?
    usb socket that isn't blue inside.

Deleted
    You can revert to whatever previous OS you have, you get a few weeks or months to do so.

If you used the upgrade, I would do a fresh clean install of W10. This solves nearly all the issues most people have. The Upgrade is not 100% flawless and quite often borks things up that it does not know what to do with from the previous installation.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    If you used the upgrade, I would do a fresh clean install of W10. This solves nearly all the issues most people have. The Upgrade is not 100% flawless and quite often borks things up that it does not know what to do with from the previous installation.
    How would I go about doing that?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Svinoi Banana View Post
    You can revert to whatever previous OS you have, you get a few weeks or months to do so.
    That's just doable by system restore correct?

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...oad/windows10/

Download the tool, put W10 on a USB Stick, plug it in and boot, go through the install process. This will format your drive and you will lose everything on it, so make sure you have any important stuff backed up.

7+ Year Old Account
    Okay..So I dug out an old normal mouse to see if it could be my mouse in some way and it turns out it is, I guess the issue is easier to notice in games then anywhere else. But it is in fact the mouse. Is there a way I can fix this without going out and buying a new one?

Did you actually make sure that your naga wasn't connected to a blue socket?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    Did you actually make sure that your naga wasn't connected to a blue socket?
    Yes. I have no blue sockets.

The chip or input or whatever you call it is, inside the usb port, is black
    Last edited by Therris; 2016-06-06 at 06:22 PM.

Try installing the latest razer drivers, win 10 might have installed some old ones via an automatic update.

Synapse's shittery on Windows 10 is a major reason I switched to a Roccat Kone XTD mouse from my Mamba. Ultimately that was my only real solution after fucking with reinstalling and other such shit for weeks.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

It has to be a driver issue then. Sadly, due to the upgrade process of W10, the driver problem is likely not going to be possible to get rid of without a fresh clean install of W10, which is advisable to do anyway, even if you were not having issues. The upgrade tool works for most people most of the time, but fresh installs are always the best because often times the upgrade causes issues like this.

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

That's just doable by system restore correct?
    Haven`t tried & tested because I`ve not had that malw...I mean windoze strike me, but this or search online should find an easy way to repair things.

http://www.howtogeek.com/220723/how-...dows-7-or-8.1/

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svinoi Banana View Post
    Haven`t tried & tested because I`ve not had that malw...I mean windoze strike me, but this or search online should find an easy way to repair things.

http://www.howtogeek.com/220723/how-...dows-7-or-8.1/
    Worked thank you very much. Screw windows 10, had multiple issues with it back to back after fixing what happened last time. Now I have another issue after restoring it seems my resolution has been removed from the list...? How can I go about fixing this

Worked thank you very much. Screw windows 10, had multiple issues with it back to back after fixing what happened last time. Now I have another issue after restoring it seems my resolution has been removed from the list...? How can I go about fixing this
    Did you ever try a completely fresh install? The vast majority of the time peoples issues are caused by the upgrade itself and will not have any of the same issues with a clean install.