Poll: Staying, rolling Rogue or rerolling something else?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Question Poll: Are you staying Rogue, rolling one or rolling away from the class come Legion?

Greetings, Rogues!

Now that beta has advanced and the prepatch is on the horizon I'm interested in what players of their respective classes think about what's happening to them.

Have fun voting! I'm opening a poll like this in every class forum to get the bigger picture and plan to condense the info for future reference.

Deleted
    If they Blizzard offered payed class changes then I'd reroll to a different class. I'm kinda sick of playing Rogue now, been at it for too long, and I am for too invested in the character so I'll never change.

I'd be a Holy Paladin or something.

Bags full of Empty poison vials, thieves tools, Certificate of Thievery. Throw Weapons, Handbooks, Flashpowder, Fadeleaf, and my honor rank.
    Last edited by mmoc608cbe8d0e; 2016-06-13 at 04:27 PM.

I made my rogue my main a few month(s)? ago, after having it as a high priority alt since forever.
    I always say this when I swap my main: im going to stick with it! but it havent worked out yet. I usually swap again after a few raid tiers. maybe this time it will be different? I hope so rly enjoying it so far

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptnic View Post
    If they Blizzard offered payed class changes then I'd reroll to a different class. I'm kinda sick of playing Rogue now, been at it for too long, and I am for too invested in the character so I'll never change.

I'd be a Holy Paladin or something.

Bags full of Empty poison vials, thieves tools, Certificate of Thievery. Throw Weapons, Handbooks, Flashpowder, Fadeleaf, and my honor rank.
    Isn't a paid class change essentially a character boost?
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Rolling from warrior. Tired of only doing damage with bladestorm or last 20%, liking rogue a lot.

#notmyorderhall
    After 4exp going to other class - survi hunter I gues

Will keep playing Rogue in PvP (would never play Rogue in PvE) but it will not be my main anymore. Loved Sub in WoD but not a fan anymore. Will do more PvE in Legion so feel like i have to change my main. Playing beta every day and it's really hard to pick a main i think. Enh Shaman, Havoc DH, Fury War and UH DK are all really fun, so one of those. I love alts though, so i wont really have a main i guess. Will most likely focus on 2-3 classes.

I plan to focus on two characters in Legion. One will still be my rogue, the other still my mage. I don't raid anymore so whichever one gets more focus will just depend on how things play out. I'm in beta but trying not to get TOO far into things so I don't get burnt out before it even launches.

Deleted
    I'd normally say "I'm staying rogue", but actually I'm not so sure anymore. Would really like to have beta to test things out for me :/

I've always mained a Rogue for the PvP side of things, and was Rogue for PvE back in Vanilla too. Going back to it for Legion I think since they fucked up the other classes I play by making their GCDs back to 1.5seconds, or for the likes of the WW Monk, adding ridiculous stacking passive mechanics in. Too slow for me.

As long as they fix Shadow Dance's Action bar for Sub, and Outlaw's stupid Energy problems / Jolly Rogger, I'll be fine.

Deleted
    Rogue since classic

Quote Originally Posted by m0ebius View Post
    Rogue since classic
    What he said.

I've been a Rogue since Day 1 Vanilla, and before that if you count Vanilla Beta. Too attached to re-roll permanently. That said, this is probably the closest I've ever come to wanting to re-roll because Rogues on Beta are in such a sad state. Had hope that there'd have been a patch in the last 3 months that would have addressed the LARGE concerns Rogues have, and still hope.

Once you go rogue you never come back.
    My rogue is my first char and my main since classic. Played other classes more intensely for a short time, but always had my rogue and went back to him.

Rogue will be my main however shit it is to play (finalbosstv actually shows that it's alright).
    But I'll go for a DH aswell just to look at what Blizz was working on -

7+ Year Old Account
    I'll probably keep my rogue as my main but my final decision is going to be taken 1 or 2 week before the new expansion if not rogue I'll play mage or monk something else if guild need it super hard

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    Isn't a paid class change essentially a character boost?
    Not really. Right right that I could play a different class, but the reason why I don't is that I lose all my investment in that character. A character boost would see me lose my unique pre-cata items, /played time, honer kill count, rep (some you can't even start anymore), Honer rank from vanilla (all new characters start off as rank 1), and achievement points (even tho they are account wide, the points still reside on the character that earned it). All of these combined make me feel connected to my character, much more-so than alt number 25.

A class change would allow me to keep all of the above; I keep my sense of attachment and progression, just playing a different class on the same character.

I don't know how they would handle thieves tools, poison vials and what-not, either leave them be or change them to something class based. I dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by Narokath View Post
    I've been a Rogue since Day 1 Vanilla, and before that if you count Vanilla Beta. Too attached to re-roll permanently. That said, this is probably the closest I've ever come to wanting to re-roll because Rogues on Beta are in such a sad state. Had hope that there'd have been a patch in the last 3 months that would have addressed the LARGE concerns Rogues have, and still hope.
    Same with me. I was on the PvE closed beta as a rogue, and on release went to Bloodhoof-US with a group that was also on beta with me. I can't imagine maining another class. I do like my druid and death knight, though (as tanks)
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Planning to stay with rogue as my raiding main, unless my guild loses someone last minute and ends up desperately needing a different role filled.

Don't have beta, but have been greatly enjoying both mut and outlaw on PTR. They play similarly to live, but they've got just enough changed to make them feel refreshing. The only thing that really sticks out to me as bad is Roll the Bones, which I suppose can be replaced with SnD, but I'm not sure whether that's an improvement damage-wise or not. Guess we'll see after some more tuning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tried rogue out on PTR and Outlaw seems really fun; I doubt I'd make rogue my main since any form of dps role continues to exist as my weakness in a raiding environment, but I'll definitely be levelling up my alt.