Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Will this ever be fixed?

So I know its not game breaking in anyway but for a AAA game this kinda stuff really should be a thing. ALL MMO's have some minor clipping issues here and there... but THIS isn't a "minor" clipping error, my entire blade is inside my legs. There's a reason Fist weapons are not liked by the majority of players and for good reason.

Yes there are bigger fish to fry with WoW Legion around the corner, but this has been around for awhile now and it drives me and probably others insane.
    It took SWTOR YEARS to fix capes clipping through mounts and I don't want to see a repeat of that.

10+ Year Old Account
    there was a recent post about how some clipping issues ARE being fixed in legion. i'd anticipate this issue wont be around much longer.
    Hi

7+ Year Old Account
    One can only hope

I play a gnome, most of the time my shoulders are jabbing through my face and my weapons and off-hands are dragging through the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    I'm sorry.
    That's okay it could be worse, at least I don't have an anime avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Touché, lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Damaind View Post
    So I know its not game breaking in anyway but for a AAA game this kinda stuff really should be a thing. ALL MMO's have some minor clipping issues here and there... but THIS isn't a "minor" clipping error, my entire blade is inside my legs. There's a reason Fist weapons are not liked by the majority of players and for good reason.

Yes there are bigger fish to fry with WoW Legion around the corner, but this has been around for awhile now and it drives me and probably others insane.
    It took SWTOR YEARS to fix capes clipping through mounts and I don't want to see a repeat of that.
    I play some of the best looking games out there (Rise of the Tomb Raider, Witcher 3, etc) and surprise surprise... they also have bad clipping.

Warframe uses extremely advanced ragdoll/cloth physics for its Syandana accessories (cloaks) and even still, they clip tons through sheathed weapons and things attached to the frames' backs.

My point is, clipping is unavoidable in 3d games. WoW, WoW's graphics, etc have nothing to do with it. Even if they upgraded the game to Unreal 4, the problem would still exist.

P.S. when complaining about stuff, spare us the 'most players' hyperbole. You have no idea what 'most' players do or do not like.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2016-06-13 at 07:14 AM.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Is this better?

Are you troll under all that? I never noticed there was a pink-skinned troll option.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

OOOOOOOUCH, damn man that's cold-blooded!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I play some of the best looking games out there (Rise of the Tomb Raider, Witcher 3, etc) and surprise surprise... they also have bad clipping.

Warframe uses extremely advanced ragdoll/cloth physics for its Syandana accessories (cloaks) and even still, they clip tons through sheathed weapons and things attached to the frames' backs.

My point is, clipping is unavoidable in 3d games. WoW, WoW's graphics, etc have nothing to do with it. Even if they upgraded the game to Unreal 4, the problem would still exist.

P.S. when complaining about stuff, spare us the 'most players' hyperbole. You have no idea what 'most' players do or do not like.
    I play Warframe as well, most clipping issues are minor and any major ones are brought to the devs attention through the Devstreams/Reddit. Minor clipping is unavoidable in any game period. But I can safely say no weapon of mine in Warframe clips through my legs to the point of cutting them off like this.

As for the "Most players" let me rephrase that, 2/3 players that I talk to about the topic/issue in my day to day playing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DarklingThrush View Post
    Are you troll under all that? I never noticed there was a pink-skinned troll option.
    I see what you did there :P

10+ Year Old Account
    My shoulders have stabbed the faces of my chars since forever... it ain't getting fixed. Sadly its most annoying on fem human imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    This made me laugh. A lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only time I ever really notice clipping is when I've got a back-sheathed weapon and it clips my shield. Sadly, it ruins some of my otherwise favourite mog-looks. The rest of the time, it doesn't bother me that much; assuming I even notice, which I typically don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    I play Warframe as well, most clipping issues are minor and any major ones are brought to the devs attention through the Devstreams/Reddit. Minor clipping is unavoidable in any game period. But I can safely say no weapon of mine in Warframe clips through my legs to the point of cutting them off like this.

As for the "Most players" let me rephrase that, 2/3 players that I talk to about the topic/issue in my day to day playing.

- - - Updated - - -

I see what you did there :P
    My Saryn deluxe skin with her entire hands/half of her forearms clipping through her skirt say hello.

As do the many sheathed melee weapons slicing through my arms when I walk, the countless holstered guns that punch through my syandanas, Ivara's default head clipping through pretty much everything (shoulders, torso, weapons). There's many instances of hands clipping through weapon handles (both melee and ranged) and holstered weapons - primary and secondary - clipping deeply into legs, other weapons, the torso, syandanas, you name it.

Beautiful game and a hell of a lot of fun, but minor clipping issues my ass.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Something like this would annoy me to no end
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Nope, don't think so. The game is ten years old. Not really sure what you're looking for here.

I hate fist weapons wither they are clipping or not clipping. There is no reason for blizzard to not allow us to transmog fist weapons into other slow one handed weapons. If you want to play monk, or shaman in legion, you will be stuck with fist weapons the whole expansion. That's BS.

7+ Year Old Account
    My Saryn deluxe skin with her entire hands/half of her forearms clipping through her skirt say hello.

As do the many sheathed melee weapons slicing through my arms when I walk, the countless holstered guns that punch through my syandanas, Ivara's default head clipping through pretty much everything (shoulders, torso, weapons). There's many instances of hands clipping through weapon handles (both melee and ranged) and holstered weapons - primary and secondary - clipping deeply into legs, other weapons, the torso, syandanas, you name it.

I usually use the Prime skin for her so I've never seen her deluxe skin before tbh. And it also seems that you and I have a different tolerance to minor issues such as clipping, for me it drives me crazy to look at and I just straight up bugs me that they put so much time and effort into these weapons that we will have for the entire xpac of Legion AND in the dev interviews they said that if the system worked and the community wanted t o keep the artifacts for another xpac for them to grow with the player that it could possibly be an option. Now to me if I'm stuck with a weapon for a potential 3 years I'd at least want it to have it fit in my hand properly without chopping off my legs 24/7.

- - - Updated - - -

Also yes I agree here 100%