Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    Does the KKK even do anything these days? Are they even relevant?
    They were originally defanged but still extant, but with the rapidly growing political divide in the US they are growing in power, influence, and membership. Their rhetoric remains unchanged from their heydey in the 40's and 50's - and people are beginning to listen again as they grow louder and more numerous.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Does the KKK even do anything these days? Are they even relevant?
    Same with LRA when was the last time you heard anything from them?

Also there is a big difference that there is not many groups like the LRA at all while i can link you 100 islamic terrorist groups, probably more with subgroups. Both is bad for sure but there is a huge difference in numbers.

To add to that there have been over 200 islamic terror attacks in over 30 countrys the last 30 days only.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2016-06-14 at 04:41 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    They were originally defanged but still extant, but with the rapidly growing political divide in the US they are growing in power, influence, and membership. Their rhetoric remains unchanged from their heydey in the 40's and 50's - and people are beginning to listen again as they grow louder and more numerous.
    I imagine there are other groups like the KKK rising in the US and EU, so I won't challenge that.

I mean, hey, when you have leftist apologists deflecting blame from a certain group for so long, people get tired of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Same with LRA when was the last time you heard anything from them?

Also there is a big difference that there is not many groups like the LRA at all while i can link you 100 islamic terrorist groups, probably more with subgroups. Both is bad for sure but there is a huge difference in numbers.
    I'd argue that the difference isn't numbers, or even location or time, both groups express the same hatred filtered through whatever ideology they hold to. Fear of the outsider, fear of the different, usage of religious trappings to honey-coat the ultimate goal of accruing power. There's no real difference between the LRA and ISIS - both want power, both use terrorism and religious ideology to acquire converts and adherents to achieve that end. Understand that and you can finally begin to wage a conflict that ultimately defeat them, but if you don't you're fighting external trappings and false positives forever (more to the benefit of your enemy than their detriment).
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Nuke em all

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I imagine there are other groups like the KKK rising in the US and EU, so I won't challenge that.

I mean, hey, when you have leftist apologists deflecting blame from a certain group for so long, people get tired of it.
    I take it to mean that you're saying not blaming a specific group (e.g. Christians) for the actions of a few of its numbers (e.g. the LRA) somehow legitimizes hatred against the group itself? If we take that logic to be true then I'd say all religions should probably be forcibly abolished and their adherents sent to reeducation camps devoted to churning out empirical atheists.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I'd argue that the difference isn't numbers, or even location or time, both groups express the same hatred filtered through whatever ideology they hold to. Fear of the outsider, fear of the different, usage of religious trappings to honey-coat the ultimate goal of accruing power. There's no real difference between the LRA and ISIS - both want power, both use terrorism and religious ideology to acquire converts and adherents to achieve that end. Understand that and you can finally begin to wage a conflict that ultimately defeat them, but if you don't you're fighting external trappings and false positives forever (more to the benefit of your enemy than their detriment).
    Im not arguing that, just pointing out that in the last 30 days there have been 200 attacks in over 30 nations by islamic terror groups and that they are a much larger problem.

And as i said all groups doing shit like that is scum, christian or islamic. But as of now we have a bigger problem with one of those.

There are many versions of Islam, just like there's different branches of Christianity. Most peaceful ones need to be supported, vilent and extremist must be removed.

Saudi Arabia is a main culprit of violent branch of islam. They are not just Sunni, Wahhabism is their brand of Islam and they export it. I'm from Russia, we have many muslims here. Chechen are famously muslim, there are also Tatar. Tatar profess pretty tame version of Islam. Well, since Saudi Arabia is rich (thanks, oil), for a long time they've offered free study of Islam, they are also the country where Mekka is. This is why many people went to study there. When they've retuned they started to rebel against Islamic traditions of Tatars, demand use of Wahhabism Sharia law, Tatar elders and mufti (priests) protested, said that it's not their way, so Wahhabists killed many. Same thing happened in Dagestan, Chchnya, Ingushetia, same thing happens in Europe. This whole thing was at most violent stage in the 90s. Also at the same time when Chechnya seceded from Russia Federation, it was used to make First Chechen War a Holy War with infidels.

You must also understand that SA is one of the countries that fights for influence in the Middle East and what West gets is a reminiscence of the war there. Wahhabism is ideology in this war they export. Saudi Arabia covertly founds and sponsors organizations like ISIS.

Of course nothing will be done. Saudi Arabia is US 'ally'. USA stopped revolution in SA from happening, US replaced democratic government in Iran with shakhl, US overthrew Hussein in Iraq, all because of oil. And it will continue as it has.
    Last edited by Orrin; 2016-06-14 at 05:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    For the record a lot of people in the US are also on this page... SA is not an ally, but they pretend to be due to us buying a lot of their oil. Which is why I think both the left and right should unite in trying to move away from first foreign oil, and then oil itself as the main energy source.

SA and Wahhabism are the catalysts that create groups like Al Qaeda and ISIS. (Not to mention possibly funding the groups directly.)
    Well, it doesn't matter much because government doesn't have accountability. And it never happens because governments always do just enough to placate people and never actually do the best thing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by monkmastaeq View Post
    You flay the women and children alive and post it on social media, and blind and crucify any men you find. Do this to anyone over there who supports them in any city they occupy. You treat them with brutal swift unrelenting violence until the common people will turn on them and give them up if even a hint of an isis supporter is around
    So... New topic in the thread. Is there a solution to you?

The current ISIS issue? I reckon kill enough of them that they stop being an issue. Same applies to the next terrorist group that might pop up eventually.

Regarding the ideology though, that isn't as easy to deal with. We can start by stopping to welcome, with the fear of being called racist\bigot\whatever, these into our homeland and finally accept that some ideologies are indeed better or worse than others.

The only difference between ISIS and every other middle east country is they are un-elected so they don't give a shit. They are doing EXACTLY what every nation over there already wants to do: rape, murder and pillage their neighbors.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    The only difference between ISIS and every other middle east country is they are un-elected so they don't give a shit. They are doing EXACTLY what every nation over there already wants to do: rape, murder and pillage their neighbors.
    Lol listen to this guy ahahah. Where do you get your info from?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    They are terrorists trying to act like an ordinary country/military.

Military defeat in conventional war is the answer. When they are captured, try them for their many war crimes and let them dance on the end of ropes. Those of western countries who went to fight with them should be tried for treason.

A residual part may persist as a terrorist group but those can be handled.
    This will likely only fuel their cause more. Isis is a fanatical end of times.cult and expects to be cut down until Jesus (Yes jesus) comes to help them, slay the anti messiah in the town of dabiq and lead them to glory.

I would start by looking at what worked in the past. How was terrorism successfully countered before? Say in Ireland for example. Obviously no historical example will provide a perfect recipe for defeating daesh but lessons can be learned...

The Atlantic has an EXCELLENT article on daesh and their motives.

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/...-wants/384980/

More recently unconfirmed reports suggest baghdadi (the caliph ) is dead. The US state department or other western agencies have yet to confirm this though. As of recently reports coming out of the region suggest various isis leaders have had trouble communicating with the caliph.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2016-06-15 at 01:00 AM.

follow the money. but that will never happen because there are too many people in the US who benefit tremendously from both terrorism and the "war on terror."

where do you think they are getting funds? who sells them the weapons?