View Poll Results: How would YOU stop radical firearm events in America from occurring?

Voters
127. This poll is closed
  • I'd ban guns and force removal of them being sold/owned.

39 30.71%
  • I'd force everyone to arm themselves and learn how to use a gun

16 12.60%
  • I'd go to war with that country/individual

2 1.57%
  • I'd leave it as it is

12 9.45%
  • I'd remove that group of individual from the country

8 6.30%
  • I'd let the state decide

1 0.79%
  • I'd let the government decide what to do

3 2.36%
  • I'd reinforce law enforcement in specific places.

7 5.51%
  • I'd put in more security

2 1.57%
  • I'd wear protective gear at all times.

1 0.79%
  • OTHER

36 28.35%
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 0123456789 View Post
    Isn't a radical shooting event just another term for a terrorist attack that involves shooting?
    I wouldn't call it a terrorist attack unless it's instigated predominantly by some kind of organisation. This seems like just another "lone wolf" shooter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Australia just did it a few years ago and it has worked out pretty well for them.
    yes and the public was all for that decision, because it was after the massacre

other: better gun regulation.

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    Well of course its hard to shoot a knife....but you can still kill a lot of ppl in a short amount of time.
    Who said they'd use knives if guns weren't available? Bombs are just as effective and easily made by things you can buy legally at your local store

Quote Originally Posted by sheggaro View Post
    How is it selfish to not want to be robbed, legally? The successful people should be rewarded, not punished.

And how it is selfish for the people actually pulling their weight in society to want to keep their earned money, but not for the poor people preferring to be free loaders? I understand that medical expenses can be high and you might become indebted if you're not doing so well, but that is certainly the lesser evil compared to a society punishing the breadwinners if you ask me.
    There's more to society than just selfisness and greed you know. Nothing in the world requires you to have 10 times more money than you need for even luxurious lifestyle. But honestly I'm not sure I can explain it in a way you would understand. It seems to be a cultural difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Thwart View Post
    First of all, please forgive my incorrect recall of his first name. I'm enjoying my 1 every six months period where I tie one on. I put away all my firearms and broke out the good bourbon! If the best you can do is correct the name then I'm doing pretty damn good.

I specifically mentioned that such laws were draconian in comparison to gun laws in the US. I'll debate specific points but please don't quote me out of context.
    Every gun control law is draconian compared to the US, because the US has no gun control.

And how's that working out for you?

Enjoy the bourbon though

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Funny story about Anders Breivik: when planning his attacks he went to Prague because he'd heard it was easy to get a gun illegally there. He was unsuccessful. So he went back to Norway and obtained all the guns used in the attacks legally there. Got a membership to a pistol club to buy a Glock 17 and a hunting license for a Ruger Mini-14. He also used his farm as a cover to buy the ingredients for the bombs (six tonnes of fertiliser). All of this completely legal and above board in Norway.

So tell me again about "draconian gun control laws" in Norway.
    Willing to bet that it won't be something someone else can repeat quite so undetected. At least one can hope so...

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    Well of course its hard to shoot a knife....but you can still kill a lot of ppl in a short amount of time.
    Do we really need to have this discusion again about how more people are killed or injured in a gun attack versus a knife attack?

I mean the debate really goes off the rails when we start disputing the bleeding obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyart View Post
    yes and the public was all for that decision, because it was after the massacre
    The public wasn't all for it, we have our own gun lobby groups that argued against it but the government just ignored them all and did it anyway. It turned out for the best.

Every gun control law is draconian compared to the US, because the US has no gun control.

Enjoy the bourbon though
    Gun control regulations is actually a thing here in America. Things like the Lautenberg(*sp) amendment, background checks, waiting periods, and then the training and licencing to have a conceal and carry permit. But since you said it, yeah. America has no gun control what so ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Willing to bet that it won't be something someone else can repeat quite so undetected. At least one can hope so...
    Hard to say, he had some records of mental health issues (low level) but no priors. Probably not enough to prevent him owning guns legally in most countries - not sure if Norway has made any changes to their laws since then. Short of not letting you own a gun if you're weird and creepy it's really hard to stop shooters like Breivik.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wthrmn View Post
    Gun control regulations is actually a thing here in America. Things like the Lautenberg(*sp) amendment, background checks, waiting periods, and then the training and licencing to have a conceal and carry permit. But since you said it, yeah. America has no gun control what so ever.
    Yeah that's not gun control, that's basic sanity. Gun control is when you can't have guns.

GOD DAMN GUN BANNING TOPIC..............LISTEN betas, if you ban guns then all law abiding citizens will have no guns, do you fucking think criminals and terrorist will NOT use some of the already 200+ million guns out there simply because some globalist progressive communist politician signed a bill saying its illegal?

What will happen is that communist hitlary will continue to flood in terrorist(refugees) we will have no weapons to defend ourselves, and it will be Paris style slaughters on a monthly basis. Can't you cucked betas see this is a political war to destroy America, and your queen hillary will lead a new wave of invasions greater than obama.

Please fucking tell me HOW you communist plan to remove all the guns in this country, do you fucking think they are all registered and their location is known? GROW UP, stop being beta cucks.

Lastly, your beta cucked king obama and his pussy FBI knew aobut this guy, as they knew about all the other terrorist in America from the past, they simply did nothing, the question is why..........im sure obama knows the answer to that.
    Last edited by wdh1974; 2016-06-14 at 01:13 AM.

Hard to say, he had some records of mental health issues (low level) but no priors. Probably not enough to prevent him owning guns legally in most countries - not sure if Norway has made any changes to their laws since then. Short of not letting you own a gun if you're weird and creepy it's really hard to stop shooters like Breivik.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah that's not gun control, that's basic sanity.
    So preventing violent offenders from gaining a firearm is nothing, checking someones past for violent offenses doesn't count, making people wait to get their firearm(generally 3-10 days), finger printing and training firearms holders isn't helping us.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    There's more to society than just selfisness and greed you know. Nothing in the world requires you to have 10 times more money than you need for even luxurious lifestyle. But honestly I'm not sure I can explain it in a way you would understand. It seems to be a cultural difference.
    I think the way we handle things here creates an environment where businesses can thrive and innovation is the expectation, not the exception (Ask yourself where does all the new tech and stuff come from? ). And where hard work gets rewarded. We do have some welfare of course, but we're pretty much as close to a meritocracy as you can get, and I consider that fundamentally fair and a good thing.

But as you said, cultural differences and that's fair enough. Countries and borders exist for a reason, after all. I'm happy for you if you're happy in your country and I assure you I wouldn't wanna live anywhere else.
    Last edited by sheggaro; 2016-06-14 at 01:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wdh1974 View Post
    GOD DAMN GUN BANNING TOPIC..............LISTEN betas, if you ban guns then all law abiding citizens will have no guns, do you fucking think criminals and terrorist will NOT use some of the already 200+ million guns out there simply because some globalist progressive communist politician signed a bill saying its illegal?

What will happen is that communist hitlary will continue to flood in terrorist(refugees) we will have no weapons to defend ourselves, and it will be Paris style slaughters on a monthly basis. Can't you cucked betas see this is a political war to destroy America, and your queen hillary will lead a new wave of invasions greater than obama.

Please fucking tell me HOW you communist plan to remove all the guns in this country, do you fucking think they are all registered and their location is known? GROW UP, stop being beta cucks.
    Calm down, take your ritalin. Gun control is a process not an over night miracle cure. Sure you will have hold outs that hang onto illegal weapons but with each crime they commit with them and get caught for it eventually the numbers will drop until you reach a point where the vast majority have been removed.

Enjoy the bourbon though
    You can't make such a blanket statement about gun control in the US. Currently in California, it is against the law to open carry and conceal carry is at the total discretion of the chief law enforcement officer of the county/city/municipality. Last year, in LA county - one of the most populous counties in the US - there were single digit licenses issued.

Above I berated someone for comparing dozens of countries to the US by pointing out that we have 50 states - the majority of which are more populous than the most European countries. I mentioned that we have cities - much less states - that are more populous than some Euro countries. Cultures differ as greatly between some states as they do between some countries in Europe.

The bourbon is wonderful. Part of the reason I only tie one on once every six months is because I spend the money to make it worthwhile!

wait time of minimum 10 years and half yearly mental checks + limitited ammunition also house searchings every week so you dont buy guns on the black market new jobs for everyone xD
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malkiah View Post
    the difference is that death by vehicle involves a fundamental distorting of the essential function of a vehicle, whereas death by gun involves a fundamental adherence to the essential function of a gun.

cars aren't meant to kill, and when used in the appropriate manner to serve the function for which they are intended they are one of the most versatile and life-changing commodities in the modern world.
    guns are meant to kill, and when used in the appropriate manner serve no function other than to kill.

THAT is the real difference.
    well I use my guns almost every weekend but have never shot anyone.
    you can't make this shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Third-wave feminism or Choice feminism is actually extremely egalitarian
    I hate America
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR

we're pretty much as close to a meritocracy as you can get
    Funniest thing I've read all day.

I think the way we handle things here creates an environment where businesses can thrive and innovation is the expectation, not the exception (Ask yourself where does all the new tech and stuff come from?). And where hard work gets rewarded. We do have some welfare of course, but we're pretty much as close to a meritocracy as you can get, and I consider that fundamentally fair and a good thing.

But as you said, cultural differences and that's fair enough.
    I can't help but to laugh when your promising presidential candidates are either racist and corporate owned "businessman" or corporate owned career politician.

What merit? None you mean? You have nepotism at finest there. If you know people higher up, you go higher up regardless of your skills. If you have skills but no connections, then merit wont do you much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.