View Poll Results: How would YOU stop radical firearm events in America from occurring?

Voters
127. This poll is closed
  • I'd ban guns and force removal of them being sold/owned.

39 30.71%
  • I'd force everyone to arm themselves and learn how to use a gun

16 12.60%
  • I'd go to war with that country/individual

2 1.57%
  • I'd leave it as it is

12 9.45%
  • I'd remove that group of individual from the country

8 6.30%
  • I'd let the state decide

1 0.79%
  • I'd let the government decide what to do

3 2.36%
  • I'd reinforce law enforcement in specific places.

7 5.51%
  • I'd put in more security

2 1.57%
  • I'd wear protective gear at all times.

1 0.79%
  • OTHER

36 28.35%
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Don't know why you're cursing, so aggressive because you simply misunderstand something. I think what you NEED to do is log off and please calm yourself down because what you're doing right now would be practically hysterical and quite awkward to witness in real life.
    Delete your terrible thread.

Stricter gun ownership laws. And you could even get the police onto anyone that bypasses them! Might give them something to do to stop them nicking recreational marijuana smokers and beating random people to death.
    Last edited by Radaney; 2016-06-13 at 10:32 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't really think there is a clear solution, but i think that somethings can be done to reduce the number of shootings

1. Get better background checks for people and make it harder for people to get weapens, if they have problems. Now this will proberly not stop a specific shooting, but it will proberly stop some future shooting. Often people do this, because they can imagine how to get the arms and attack the place. If they have to go through a larger check, they might not want to go through the process. Some say, that that would lead to bombings or attacks with axes, but bombs can be duds and axes are not really good at killing large number of people. Guns are the best weapens for this, because they can, without much work, mow down a lot of people. So lets try to make it harder to get them.
    PS: If you are a normal dude, who want a gun, you just have to do a little more paperwork. If you don't have mental problems or big issues with the goverment, getting weapens are not gonna be harder, but might take a bit more time.

2. Get mental centers up and running. Make it so, that if people are having a hard time with their head and thoughts, then help should be avalible. I don't know if Obamacare helped with that, but if not, then it should, atleast for a quick mental checkup.

3. Get a war on illigal firearms going. Like with the war on drugs, the state should focus a lot more resourses on undocumented firearms, especially assualt rifles. The weapon problem is larger then just the mass shootings, so this should help reduce the amount of guns in the hands of the people.

Again, i don't think this is gonna solve the problem, since i think it has something to do with the culture in the USA, but this would atleast reduce the number of attacks. Doing something, which helps a little, is better then doing nothing at all, which is what congress is doing right now. USA has to choose if they want this to be the consequence of full weapon liberty or if they will allow some regulation to make this stop.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

More regulation. "self defense" "because I want one" "target practice on my yard" would no longer be good enough reasons to be granted a permit. Mandatory mental health check when applying for one, and the permit must be renewed every few years. Mandatory training too. 15 years jail for illegal weapon, and 5 extra for each full "magazine" of ammo you have for it (depends on the gun obviously).

That'll be a start.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Make mental health care more affordable.
    Of the last 5 mass shootings, how many of them do you think would have been avoided by mental health care being more affordable?

How many of these shooters would have actively searched out mental health care prior to their shooting episodes?

10+ Year Old Account
    Implying there is one thing that can be done to prevent this...
    America's gun culture is so ingrained that it would take a lot of changes and many years to truly make a difference. Also makes matters worse that it's not just guns specifically that lead to problems like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Raldazzar View Post
    Honestly, I do not know what the answer is.

But I do not think it's 'ban all guns' there is simply too many, the ATF said over 200,000 get stolen per year. (that we know of.) and that figure hasn't shifted a huge amount since the 90's. so for around 25 years.. 200 a year.. there is millions and millions of guns on the streets. [SNIP]
    Please refrain from making up statistics about guns, and just go get the data, it took less than 30 seconds to find the accurate numbers. Here is the link to the report on the ATF.gov site. https://www.atf.gov/news/pr/atf-rele...nd-loss-report

Here is a quote talking about how many guns were reported as lost or stolen from Federal Firearms Licensee (FFL) during the 2015 year.

"There was a total of 14,800 lost or stolen firearms reported nationwide last year from FFLs. Of those firearms, 8,637 were reported as lost."

According to a Congressional report from 2012 that you can read here on fas.orghttps://fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/RL32842.pdf There were about 310 million guns in civilians hands in 2009.

So please just take a moment and get accurate statistics.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    I would build a wall around every gun in America, and make the owners pay for it.
    I would build moat around your wall and make the democrats pay for it
    Your powers are useless on me you silly billy...

Quote Originally Posted by Killadrix View Post
    Of the last 5 mass shootings, how many of them do you think would have been avoided by mental health care being more affordable?

How many of these shooters would have actively searched out mental health care prior to their shooting episodes?

1: at least 3/5
    2; it isn't about them seeking out care. That is how it is set up now. It's about them being able to be identified, and handled effectively by professionals. The way it is set up now you have to pose an immediate danger , or self refer. Surely we can do better.

Deleted
    Voted OTHER.
    Anyone that bitches about guns in the USA should get put in an asylum for their own safety.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Make mental health care more affordable.
    This. Right here. Done.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

I'd start by not welcoming and gladly accepting dangerous ideologies into the western world. - For outside problems;
    And
    As someone already stated, better and more affordable mental care. - For inside problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Tempguy View Post
    IKR?

We are quick to point out how 99% of all mass killer have a mental issue, then we just move on like "oh well. Can't do nothing about that."
    That only helps if they actually embrace it. Sometimes tells me terrorists don't sit around thinking about how they're plans for murdering people are bad and they should get help. Like most problems, you can only help those who want it. You cant force mental health on someone.

ban all firearm ownership and make it a crime punishable by 25 years minimum for just owning // having possession of a fire arm. this will clear out gangs etc really quickly since they get punishment of murder just for having a gun as it should be,

Quote Originally Posted by Tempguy View Post
    1: at least 3/5
    2; it isn't about them seeking out care. That is how it is set up now. It's about them being able to be identified, and handled effectively by professionals. The way it is set up now you have to pose an immediate danger , or self refer. Surely we can do better.
    It's therapy, not hypnosis. Are you willing to force people to go therapy and start locking them up if they dont go? Because they have rights. Which includes refusing care. You can identify the mentally ill all they want but if they don't want to go to therapy or take their medication, making stuff cheaper or more affordable isn't going to change jack sh!t.

Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    Stricter gun ownership laws. And you could even get the police onto anyone that bypasses them! Might give them something to do to stop them nicking recreational marijuana smokers and beating random people to death.
    Didnt work before wouldnt work now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    ban all firearm ownership and make it a crime punishable by 25 years minimum for just owning // having possession of a fire arm. this will clear out gangs etc really quickly since they get punishment of murder just for having a gun as it should be,
    BWahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    There are sentencing enhancements for committing crimes with guns. As you said they could get 25 years for a murder. This doesn't stop gangs at all. They're going to do what they do until they get caught and punished. Its why they like the "don't snitch" culture, it helps keep them free. Punishing normal citizens is just foolish.

You cant stop someone who is intent on causing mass death. If not guns they will use explosives or fire. You cant punish the 99% of lawful gun owners because the actions of a few. That sets up a very dangerous precedent .

As a society we have grown soft. We are to PC and the youth today rarely knw how to handle rejection or stress because they been allowed to succeed with out real work. It will just get worse and worse until we correct the course this nation was put on. There is very little faith, morality and sense humanity. Too many just dont care and have no respect. For others, for themselves or for life.
    Last edited by Dystemper; 2016-06-13 at 10:57 PM.
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by triplesdsu View Post
    It's therapy, not hypnosis. Are you willing to force people to go therapy and start locking them up if they dont go? Because they have rights. Which includes refusing care. You can identify the mentally ill all they want but if they don't want to go to therapy or take their medication, making stuff cheaper or more affordable isn't going to change jack sh!t.

If they are clearly unhinged, yes. Just until they get better.

I'm not talking about functioning people with quirks. I'm talking about people who beat their wives and flip out on the regular and have proven to be growing more and more violent. It's stupid to wait until after they kill someone go get them help. And then point at the gun like a retard.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it were that easy, it would already have been solved. The most effective means are also the most brutal and illegal and least likely to happen. Maybe in another hundred years of attacks the world will condone the type of actions necessary to crush this Rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xekus View Post
    Yes, she would destroy me and my raging boner.
    In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government IS the problem.