Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by reyson View Post
    To be fair, you weren't able to see your staff/polearm when you were in cat/bear form either lol
    Comments like yours make me lose faith in humanity. lol. We don't spend 100% of the time shapeshifted and it affects a lot of classes, not just druids.
    ~Metzen whispered in my ear "it's all ogar now"...

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    for starters?
    how long do you sit in town on your rare/overpriced mounts of [insert npc] usage?

or maybe you're just not inclined to partake in the first part of the RP portion of RPG.

honestly doesn't matter in the end. it took teh devs over 7 years to get warlock green fire in the game. boomkin graphic update has yet to happen <.< and i forget how long it took to get other druid forms looked at... did teh aquatic form baseline ever get updated?
    Moonkin have updated graphics in Legion. They're just higher resolution, in the end. No new animations for moonkin models or anything. And, the aquatic form is higher resolution as well. There are also other forms from minor glyphs that can be added (like an owl or doe for stag form).
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    To be fair, you weren't able to see your staff/polearm when you were in cat/bear form either lol
    But as feral druids spend the majority of their time in humanoid form and only transform for combat the staves/polearms did have significant cosmetic value, characters look naked without them, this is why there have been so many complaints about it.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    the fists/daggers are for bear and cat, where you dont see them, so they get new customized forms
    The problem with that being the are no night elf forms, they just made troll/worgen style ones then gave some a nelf colour scheme then called it a day lol. The vanilla cat form looked miles better

10+ Year Old Account
    WHY DOES IT MATTER!? you will not see them, they are stat sticks, you have never ever seen you weapons well in cat or bear form, well were at it lets complain frost dks are forced to 1 handers, so jarring cause they used 2 handers, holy paladins are forced to a 2 hander! so jarring

oh but wait... you actuallty see those!
    I do see them, while out of combat, while in town, while mounted, while working on professions. Combat is significant too but I don't pay close enough attention to my character while in combat to see those details, mostly just the general location and movements.

Look, I get it. You don't care about aesthetics, you don't use transmog, you don't care how your character looks, whatever. But you should respect that some people do care about that and aren't happy when they're forced into appearances they don't like.

10+ Year Old Account
    I always and I really mean it, ALWAYS complained about fist weapons not being holstered to the back or hips when not in use (they're fucking big enough, right?). Even tweeted Blizzard a few times over it and bitched on the official forums as far as 7-8 years ago.

Its the reason why i love my monk in FFXIV so much, fist weapons are always view-able on them unless you transmog them off with a special skin.

Just retweet that image to Blizzard saying if FFXIV can do it, why can't you? :P I did so last year to no avail.

That being said, aren't the new monk and elemental shaman artifacts always viewable because they're special cases? Or is that they're always just on the hands regardless of whatever you're doing?
    Last edited by Usagi Senshi; 2016-06-14 at 04:36 PM.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

10+ Year Old Account
    Being stuck using fist or dagger for whole expansion is going to be mega lame. They are both the worst looking types for me haha.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

I'm pretty sure (no proof, though :P) that the problem lies in something like... fist weapons have some hardcoded thingamajigs that hopelessly tie them with "unarmed" animations (there never was a "fist weapon" skill in older times, just an "unarmed" skill), so it's probably not as easy as the fix they've had to use for 2h swords/maces/axes and staves/polearms.

It's something they should do as soon as possible, though. As in, you've taken your sweet time with it, so get it done NOW. They did it with ranged weapons, they did it with two handers, so...

I want to try the new attack animations with fist weapons and maybe transmog my outlaw rogue's artifact weapons into claws sometimes. I've always hated fist weapons because I don't want to attack like a drunken fool with plows tied to his hands, but with the new animations it could just work.
    Once upon a time... the end. Next time, try twice upon a time.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tai Rin View Post
    I do see them, while out of combat, while in town, while mounted, while working on professions. Combat is significant too but I don't pay close enough attention to my character while in combat to see those details, mostly just the general location and movements.

Look, I get it. You don't care about aesthetics, you don't use transmog, you don't care how your character looks, whatever. But you should respect that some people do care about that and aren't happy when they're forced into appearances they don't like.
    well mounted? since when do druids mount? and when do druids leave their form when out of combat...?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    I always and I really mean it, ALWAYS complained about fist weapons not being holstered to the back or hips when not in use (they're fucking big enough, right?). Even tweeted Blizzard a few times over it and bitched on the official forums as far as 7-8 years ago.

Its the reason why i love my monk in FFXIV so much, fist weapons are always view-able on them unless you transmog them off with a special skin.

Just retweet that image to Blizzard saying if FFXIV can do it, why can't you? :P I did so last year to no avail.

That being said, aren't the new monk and elemental shaman artifacts always viewable because they're special cases? Or is that they're always just on the hands regardless of whatever you're doing?
    if wow can last 12 years why cant FFXIV, i dare you to as kthem that
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    well mounted? since when do druids mount? and when do druids leave their form when out of combat...?
    You do realize that Glyph of Travel was new to WoD, right? And it's gone in Legion? As long as you can't fly mounts are much faster than anything else.

And personally I like using my mounts for anything longer than short hops (which Flight Form is excellent for).

Again, I can forgive you for being unfamiliar with druids, but you should try to be more open-minded.

7+ Year Old Account
    You do realize that Glyph of Travel was new to WoD, right? And it's gone in Legion? As long as you can't fly mounts are much faster than anything else.

And personally I like using my mounts for anything longer than short hops (which Flight Form is excellent for).

Again, I can forgive you for being unfamiliar with druids, but you should try to be more open-minded.
    im done, cause this is going no where, yes it would be cool to have them have fists show, the daggers are fine as they do show, but there is many things above this is the list of things to do, as this is very very minor

10+ Year Old Account
    If they added Fist Weapons to Sublety's "Must have Dagger equipped" Req i'd be great with that as i prefer the look of fist weapons over Daggers anyway.

what? since when? the two caster specs for druid are staves, and both will be visable, the fists/daggers are for bear and cat, where you dont see them, so they get new customized forms
    ya know I think it's amazing people think I spend all my time in cat form

I don't

lol jesus and apparently you think I can't collect mounts either. pffffff all that time I spent farming for Invincible and I'm not allowed to ride it? noooooooo

My enhancement shaman only rocks fist weapons, I have no interest in using maces. Fist weapons should be included in the transmog pool for one handers.
    Not in Legion he doesnt. #rekt
    In all seriousness though, all classes are getting shoehorned into a weapon style. Shaman and casters are getting the shit end. Also my bear is stuck with a fist weapon for all of legion. I have no fist xmogs on my acct, like at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Those are the fields where the challenging and engaging raid mechanics for Classic are grown. See that they lay barren.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by emilylorange View Post
    ya know I think it's amazing people think I spend all my time in cat form

I don't

lol jesus and apparently you think I can't collect mounts either. pffffff all that time I spent farming for Invincible and I'm not allowed to ride it? noooooooo
    a feral druid should and most do, spend all their time in cat form, and i dident say you, i was saying most druids, was asking around in my guild (4 druid mains, 1 feral, 1 guard, 1 boom, 1 resto) and was asking in chat last night taking to a bunch of druid mains, and most seem to say "its our main thing that makes us differant, why wouldent i want to be in it at all times" its like saying shadow priests dont spend all their time in shadow form, and currently all the druids i know (and myself) just ride around in travel form, mounts are for classes who cant instantly mount up :P

a feral druid should and most do, spend all their time in cat form, and i dident say you, i was saying most druids, was asking around in my guild (4 druid mains, 1 feral, 1 guard, 1 boom, 1 resto) and was asking in chat last night taking to a bunch of druid mains, and most seem to say "its our main thing that makes us differant, why wouldent i want to be in it at all times" its like saying shadow priests dont spend all their time in shadow form, and currently all the druids i know (and myself) just ride around in travel form, mounts are for classes who cant instantly mount up :P
    My response would be 'because there are 6 druid skins to choose from so your thing that makes you 'different' makes you identical to everyone else, gg'.

My transmog is nice and my rare mounts are nice - and far closer to being 'unique' than the same forms that every other druid has.

If I'm not in combat I'm not a cat.

Cool, you spoke with 4 druids....out of how many? Nice sample size there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Those are the fields where the challenging and engaging raid mechanics for Classic are grown. See that they lay barren.

Just a casual reminder that who you're trying to argue with is most likely a child.

On topic, pretty sure the only reason they don't want to add fists to the pool of all other 1hs barring daggers is because they want fists to remain 'special'.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokesTooMuch View Post
    Cool, you spoke with 4 druids....out of how many? Nice sample size there.
    ngl the best part of the new druid forms in LK was the three bears in the guild arguing over who got to be what color so we weren't identical and impossible to tell apart when our models were stacked on each other for Gormok.

Wow I can't imagine why looking exactly like every other druid at all times would be dumb. *thumbs up*

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by emilylorange View Post
    My response would be 'because there are 6 druid skins to choose from so your thing that makes you 'different' makes you identical to everyone else, gg'.

My transmog is nice and my rare mounts are nice - and far closer to being 'unique' than the same forms that every other druid has.

If I'm not in combat I'm not a cat.
    6 skins with 4 colours, so you would need 24 differant druids to look the same

also who knows for those of you who dont want to use the new models can use the old, and also you will still be able to mog daggers to daggers, fists to fists, and there is alot of awesome looking fists, too many for me to make awesome mogs out of

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know about other classes/specs but for orc rogue a bunch of the fist weapon attacks are actually using 1h axe/sword/mace animations in certain circumstances. The animation that feint/eviscerate and probably other skills uses your main-hand weapon type to determine its animation despite actually swinging the off-hand weapon. This causes you to point the fist weapon into the ground.

So the animation breaking problem really means nothing when the animations are already broken.

On top of this classes that use fist weapons and axes/swords/maces use them interchangeably so all blizzard has to do is switch the animations out just like they do with 2H weapon transmogs.