CPU: AMD 6300 Fx (no OC)
    Cooler: AMD stock one
    Ram: 8 Gb Kingstone Fury-X @ 1866
    Video: R9 380 4 GB - Gigabite
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
    Power Supply: Thermaltake 600W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply
    Case: Sentey Optimus + 2 Case fun

My question:

I want to upgrade my CPU, I can go to a 8350 / 8370 from AMD (wich will be better?)

Or go to Intel (i5 6600k), but I´ll have to change MoBo and go to DDR4

If I take first choise I can also get a SSD and 8+ GB of RAM and still expending less money.

USE: Mainly WoW, Overwatch, and some FPS that get my attention, but only main campaing (Doom and Battlefield 1 will be this year)

So, what would be your call on the matter?

Pd: sorry from grammar mistakes.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you can wait until the end of the year, Zen should be released at Q4 so it might be appealing. If you can't, don't waste money on a 8350. Just buy a i5 and be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Artorius View Post
    If you can wait until the end of the year, Zen should be released at Q4 so it might be appealing. If you can't, don't waste money on a 8350. Just buy a i5 and be happy.
    Legion Pre-patch will hit on August first days, Will my FX- 6300 be good enought to hold Myth 20 ppl raiding?

Besides, I am argentinian and new Tech used to take at least 3 month more after beeing realesed on USA

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by enlly View Post
    Legion Pre-patch will hit on August first days, Will my FX- 6300 be good enought to hold Myth 20 ppl raiding?

Besides, I am argentinian and new Tech used to take at least 3 month more after beeing realesed on USA
    I don't have a clue. I don't raid since SoO and even back then I did it with an i5, I have no idea whatsoever.

If I had to guess I'd say that you will be able to raid, you shouldn't expect 60fps all the time but not even being able to raid sounds extreme.

Hi,

My current setup is:

CPU: FX 6300 (OC @ 4.5Ghz)
    MOBO: Gigabyte 990FX UD3 r4
    Cooler: Corsair h100i
    Ram: 8gb (2x4gb @ 1600)
    Video: R9 270x (XFX Stock)
    Storage: Samsung SSD 120gb + Seagate SSHD 1TB
    PSU: Corsair CX 600

As you can see my setup is pretty similar to yours. I raid mostly Heroic but I get 40FPS +/- in a raid with anywhere from 16-30 people at "Good" settings as per in game. I recently had the chance to test out an i5 6600k at stock settings with a ASUS Z170-A and 16gb ram @ 2666Mhz, I was able to crank the settings up to ultra and still get 40+ fps (Using my other hardware i.e. R9 270x, Hard drives etc).

WoW is still CPU bound afaik and the performance difference was so great I went out and purchased an i5 only yesterday and I am now waiting for other parts to arrive and for the GTX 1070 to be more readily available.

When I say the performance was better, I don't just mean in WoW either, everything I do from multitasking to some light photoshop/video editing "felt" better and smoother, the only only other game I tested was Overwatch which I saw an increase of 30+ fps in. I am a novice when it comes to computer tech but I am a veteran consumer and my advice would be to invest in a better CPU such as the i5, you will see performance gains in everything you do over the older, much more dated AMD CPUs.