Page 1 of 27
... LastLast

Mythic only dungeons a good idea?

With blizzards latest post it seems that two of legions dungeons the court of stars and arc way are going to be made mythic only rather then being fodder for lfd.

I see this as a damn good change and if it takes off we might see more and more content cut from auto ques and a return to the wow that once was.

Anyone else kinda happy for this change?

No, this is a dumb change. You are never going to get all dungeons taken off a queue and with that in mind, it's nonsensical to make 2 of the 10 dungeons Mythic-only, when you can simply make them Mythic as well as Heroic and Normal.

Maybe if Pristine Servers were a thing right now, I'd support the change. Only that way you couldn't piss off the majority of the playerbase which "have lives".

10+ Year Old Account
    What post are you referring to? They haven't posted anything new in several days.

Quote Originally Posted by Tai Rin View Post
    What post are you referring to? They haven't posted anything new in several days.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...4839?page=2#30

Seeing how this dungeon attunement experiment has played out over the past few weeks, there's no question that tuning and pacing are currently missing the mark. Even setting aside item level expectations, when it comes to Normal and Heroic difficulty, most max-level players use the random dungeon queue. Going from picking a random 1 out of 8 dungeons to a random 1 out of 9 or 10 doesn't feel like much of a reward. And early players to unlock them would have faced brutal wait times if they tried to queue for those dungeons specifically, due to the small matchmaking pool. That's of course a far cry from the excitement of earning access to a new Heroic dungeon back in Burning Crusade, for example.

But at the same time, closely tying these dungeons to the zone progression strengthens both sides of the equation. Each dungeon is situated in the context of the overall story arc of the zone (particularly important for Court of Stars), and the zone storyline offers access to meaningful new content as a reward to complement the usual items and Artifact Power.

In the next beta build, both Arcway and Court of Stars will only be available as Mythic dungeons, unlocked at an appropriate point midway through the main Suramar questline. And in hopefully the build after that, you'll see a few extra items spicing up the loot tables of those dungeons as an extra attraction once they're unlocked. Their Normal and Heroic versions were already far less likely to be seen, due to queue mechanics, and this change is aimed at clarifying the role of these dungeons as endgame unlocked content.

It's crucial to remember that while the label "Mythic" may conjure up visions of hardcore raiding and may seem intimidating for those who haven't yet tried them, the main difference between Heroic and Mythic dungeons lies in the expected item level (810 vs. 830ish) and the fact that there is no random matchmaking available for the latter. An organized group of 5 players with experience and gear from Heroic dungeons should find success when venturing into Mythic. Higher levels of Mythic, accessed via Keystones, are where the major challenges lie.
    Correct. Standard Mythic dungeons (zone in, kill stuff, loot stuff, weekly lockout) will be open right away. The only part that won't be there right away is the "Mythic+" Keystone system, since that parallels other endgame progression systems like raiding and the rated PvP season.
    The Arcway and Court of Stars quests will be optional - they'll become available at the appropriate points in the story, but you'll be able to continue the main quest campaign even if you don't finish them. The intent is for unlocking Suramar's dungeons to be a reward for progressing that far in the questline, not to block further quest progress until they are completed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure, exclusive to the 1% audience, what harm could it bring? just like mythic raids, that didn't break up small guilds did it?, I say to blizz go fuck yourself

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Strange that that hasn't shown up in either MMOC's blue tracker OR Blizzard's own blue tracker despite being posted 13 hours ago.

Not a particularly good idea. Catering to the minority that run mythic dungeons seems rather foolish. I suspect it'll get reverted at some stage.

(Google Jeff Vogel's 'difficulty fetishist' post if you're interested)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jaber2 View Post
    Sure, exclusive to the 1% audience, what harm could it bring? just like mythic raids, that didn't break up small guilds did it?, I say to blizz go fuck yourself
    Mythic dungeons are for the 1% audience?

Have you ever done a mythic dungeon?

Quote Originally Posted by jaber2 View Post
    I don't believe mythic dungeons are really on par with mythic raids to be honest.

Deleted
    They should really remove Normal Dungeons alltogether. No reason to have them. Heroics should be hard as fuck early on. And Mythic should be only managable with Heroic Gear and a good group who really knows what its doing.

Ummm, I currently have an enchanting quest that I can't complete without access to Court. Are they going to move those types of quests? That would be my only apprehension, otherwise I could care less. There are plenty of other dungeons to gear through until those get unlocked.

This will not turn out well on live, or probably even before that. I'm 99% sure ALOT of people will be very upset about this, being "locked" out of content.

Deleted
    Then i simply won't run them. If it means that i can't complete certain quest chains or something, well, it sucks but no can do.
    Last edited by mmoc64ace7a841; 2016-06-14 at 06:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Malfecto View Post
    Ummm, I currently have an enchanting quest that I can't complete without access to Court. Are they going to move those types of quests? That would be my only apprehension, otherwise I could care less. There are plenty of other dungeons to gear through until those get unlocked.
    Post says those are optional quests. You gotta be willing to go to the mythic dungeons if you want to complete them.

A few mythic only dungeons among normal and heroic dungeons? Yes.
    Only mythic dungeons? No.

No this is a shitty idea...
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    No this is a shitty idea...
    Nonsense it came from blizzard themselves clearly they know better and this is the way they want the game to evolve.

I'm not sure how I feel about it. I understand the ilvl difference for them is the span from 810 to ~830, but still it seems odd to pigeonhole anything like this. We'll have to see how it plays out.
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Nonsense it came from blizzard themselves clearly they know better and this is the way they want the game to evolve.
    Totally right and that's why you should accept that LFR has tier and can roll up to Mythic Ilvl because blizzard clearly knows better.

Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Totally right and that's why you should accept that LFR has tier and can roll up to Mythic Ilvl because blizzard clearly knows better.

Pretty much its a brave new world. Just gotta play till mythic is cleared then wait for patch.