Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    You have group finder (not everyone requires 740 ivl quit exaggerating) , good Ole trade chat, join a guild or making friends "gasp friends in an mmo??"

Quote Originally Posted by Saiona View Post
    Why? Why should people be able to que and put in next to zero effort and see everything this game has to offer? And then they unsubbed because people have nothing to do or work towards lol. The level of retardation I've seen on this thread is crazy and I work with the mentally retarded for a living.
    because everyone pays for the game.

just because you force yourself to do harder things, doesn't mean everyone should have to do and like what you do. but they still pay the same as you, so they need to have access to it all just like you do, at levels they are comfortable with.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Outland View Post
    No, this is a dumb change. You are never going to get all dungeons taken off a queue and with that in mind, it's nonsensical to make 2 of the 10 dungeons Mythic-only, when you can simply make them Mythic as well as Heroic and Normal.

Maybe if Pristine Servers were a thing right now, I'd support the change. Only that way you couldn't piss off the majority of the playerbase which "have lives".
    I have to agree, this is a stupid idea. What is the point of making it mythic only? My guess they want to deny the totally casual players access to these dungeons and try and force them into mythic. What is wrong with letting someone doing this content on faceroll mode? They created LFR for the purpose of letting people who do not enjoy organized raiding or casuals, so they can at least experience the content now they are basically removing some content from them.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    because everyone pays for the game.

just because you force yourself to do harder things, doesn't mean everyone should have to do and like what you do. but they still pay the same as you, so they need to have access to it all just like you do, at levels they are comfortable with.
    They pay for the game but I put in x3 the effort. Who am I kidding x100 the effort compared to the average lfr player. It's 2 dungeons this should encourage people to either make friends or get better at the game or both. Group finder is a wonderful tool that they really want you to use in Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    I don't believe mythic dungeons are really on par with mythic raids to be honest.
    In some cases they will be even more exclusive. It is going to be like the good ole days of ToC and limited amounts of pulls. With mythics being the new spin on challenge modes and needing a consumable item to do them people wont be too willing to pug them or let in players they aren't certain will do their part and then some. If they were like they are now in WoD then who cares, but the Legion version is going to leave a lot of people on the outside looking in until they over gear the place.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

They pay for the game but I put in x3 the effort. Who am I kidding x100 the effort compared to the average lfr player. It's 2 dungeons this should encourage people to either make friends or get better at the game or both. Group finder is a wonderful tool that they really want you to use in Legion.
    and just because you force that effort on yourself, doesn't mean others should have to. it's your own fault, not theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by Gen4Glock21 View Post
    I have to agree, this is a stupid idea. What is the point of making it mythic only? My guess they want to deny the totally casual players access to these dungeons and try and force them into mythic. What is wrong with letting someone doing this content on faceroll mode? They created LFR for the purpose of letting people who do not enjoy organized raiding or casuals, so they can at least experience the content now they are basically removing some content from them.
    Yeah I'm not ok with everything in the game being seen in single player mode (queing and afking in your garrison) it's 2 more dungeons than we got in WoD they aren't losing content. The people you are talking about sub for like 1 month and leave. That sounds like a horrible playerbase to cater to

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    In some cases they will be even more exclusive. It is going to be like the good ole days of ToC and limited amounts of pulls. With mythics being the new spin on challenge modes and needing a consumable item to do them people wont be too willing to pug them or let in players they aren't certain will do their part and then some. If they were like they are now in WoD then who cares, but the Legion version is going to leave a lot of people on the outside looking in until they over gear the place.
    Mythic and Mythic+ are different things.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    and just because you force that effort on yourself, doesn't mean others should have to. it's your own fault, not theirs.
    Its an mmo. Like blizzard said "mythic" might sound scary but it's not as hard as mythic raids at all. It's slightly above heroic and they only ask you to put in the effort of actually grouping with players.

15+ Year Old Account
    I like it because people who lick blizzard's brown hole about everything don't like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I'm glad they're taking a step back in the direction of having content you have to put in a little effort to see. Mythic Dungeons, despite the name, are not really that hard at all. They're still way easier than, for example, launch Heroics were in TBC. But it's a good change to have something people need to work to do. One of WoW's biggest problems right now is everyone gets in, sees everything on easy mode in one week, then most of the players quit again citing "There is nothing to do!"

I find it ironic that many people already complain about this change, and many of them probably have posted elsewhere complaining there is no content and nothing to progress at. The reason the game lasted longer in Vanilla and TBC eras? There were actually things to work for and you didn't see it all on Easy mode in like the first day of the expansion.

Unfortunately I feel these days people rather just give up than try to work at something, so it's a bit of an unwinnable situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Kae View Post
    Personally I'm glad they're taking a step back in the direction of having content you have to put in a little effort to see. Mythic Dungeons, despite the name, are not really that hard at all. They're still way easier than, for example, launch Heroics were in TBC. But it's a good change to have something people need to work to do. One of WoW's biggest problems right now is everyone gets in, sees everything on easy mode in one week, then most of the players quit again citing "There is nothing to do!"

I find it ironic that many people already complain about this change, and many of them probably have posted elsewhere complaining there is no content and nothing to progress at. The reason the game lasted longer in Vanilla and TBC eras? There were actually things to work for and you didn't see it all on Easy mode in like the first day of the expansion.

Unfortunately I feel these days people rather just give up than try to work at something, so it's a bit of an unwinnable situation.
    Great feedback. This person gets it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kae View Post

Spot on. /10char

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Over the years they have shown that they will re-evaluate their ideas for game design. From very easy 5 mans in ICC to slightly harder (and rage topics over Halls of reflections in late ICC). Then to harder Cata dungeons who were hailed as the saviour of the game and later re-tuned to be easier.

There is obviously no clear way to handle this, because the audience is always split at least 50/50...you see that again in this thread.

No idea how many people actually raid mythic. No idea how much resources go into making and tuning a dungeon. But just with Naxx 40 they eventually have to check themselves if the participation rate justifies the effort.
    Well for one mythic raiding has nothing to do with mythic dungeons. Participation for mythic dungeons will be huge. Although if you are implying they should remove mythic raids then that's a good way to drive off your most loyal fan base who stays subbed for longer

Why do you think your way is the only way to play? What if they forced you to run LFR every week somehow linking it to your Artifact advancement. Would you be singing on high about how wonderful it is that they are forcing you run what you think is beneath you? Also the fact that the amount of time you sink into a game is impressive, only tells me you are likely a bigger looser than your average LFR player.
    Last edited by Gen4Glock21; 2016-06-15 at 06:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gen4Glock21 View Post
    Why do you think your way is the only way to play? What if they forced you to run LFR every week somehow linking it to your Artifact advancement. Would you be singing on high about how wonderful it is that they are forcing you run what you think is beneath you?
    That would be encouraging the playerbase to put in less effort and less skill (personal responsibility ) to get the reward. That's backwards. This encourages players to be more social, put more effort in and aquire more skill (5mans have more personal responsibility ) in order to get the reward. Please remember we are talking about 2 fucking dungeons not all of them

Thank you blizzard: Without random matchmaking i personally don't have time to wait; i know blizzard seems to love making people "to wait", waiting was always a feature of WoW, but not for me.

I rather play the game, even if I wipe, so thank you blizzard to say it early enough: i never pre-ordered Legion and this was the final straw to let it go.

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    Thank you blizzard: Without random matchmaking i personally don't have time to wait; i know blizzard seems to love making people "to wait", waiting was always a feature of WoW, but not for me.

I rather play the game, even if I wipe, so thank you blizzard to say it early enough: i never pre-ordered Legion and this was the final straw to let it go.
    Can't que for 2 dungeons better quit the game entirely huh lol? See you august 30th

That would be encouraging the playerbase to put in less effort and less skill (personal responsibility ) to get the reward. That's backwards. This encourages players to be more social, put more effort in and aquire more skill (5mans have more personal responsibility ) in order to get the reward. Please remember we are talking about 2 fucking dungeons not all of them
    That doesn't matter: What i've learned when i tried to "socialize" in this game is that there are always jerks, and ironically the least jerks i've met were in LFR/LFG. I already see it in Legion: LF Healer for Mythic 1 Court of stars, ilvl 840+ only.

So thank you, socializing in this game when i've looked the first time for an group was enough for me; 1 hour waited in MoP and all i've got was a kick because someone from the guild came online. Also i've got better things to do as to wait until the group is online. Rather i work at home and with LFG i can do it until i've heard the invite-sirene.

- - - Updated - - -

Can't que for 2 dungeons better quit the game entirely huh lol? See you august 30th
    No, i wasn't already quite sceptical; since WoD i've watching closely to the developement in legion and since i'm not playing for more than a year now and i wasn't sure if i should begin again, but this was the final push to quit this game.

It's fine just like barring content in any game is fine inherently. The problem doesn't stem from players having to strive for content, for having to achieve something they paid for. It's a non-sense argument and it's pitiful people try and put that forward -- just stop playing if that bothers you by that basis alone. What really matters if it truly limits the way players can enjoy the game in an impactful way and put a struggle on their progression.

I'm not talking you know, 25% faster by doing those mythic only dungeons. I'm talking losing a significant progression advantage because you don't do mythic dungeons. I look forward to them and plan on going balls deep on them, because I've always loved small group -- but difficult content. Even though I, myself, would have loads of fun it would come at the expense of everyone else. This isn't right, everyone needs their progression to matter and have some kind of level of enjoyment. At the same side of the token, not everything should be given away or treated like it is deserved by everyone.

It's honestly (I can almost assume this 100%) not that hard to achieve the ability to do Mythic dungeons either. Chances are they are easier than raids by a large margin, and if they aren't I would be shocked. Even if they are, it's a lot easier to train and teach 4 others (And yourself, if need be) than when compared to 9 others and yourself, or more. So it's a lot less time consuming, and people know what they are in for. But again, this all depends if it impacts progression on non-mythic players to the point of being a huge hamper.

You should always be rewarded for putting in more effort into something, and given better gear -- even content out of it. But if that means you sacrifice say, 50% of the content just to appease better players? That's too much, but I doubt 2 mythic dungeons is more than probably 25% of the content, if that when it comes to dungeons. And the impact can't be that high if you don't do them weekly (or whenever they reset). I'll see when I get there though, and change my opinion accordingly.