Thread: Frost....OMG

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ctee View Post
    Then why have I heard Legion frost feels like live frost as far as rotation? In other words nothing has significantly changed?
    whoever said that is not very well informed.

You can make your rotation fairly similar to live by taking only passive talents, and going Breath of Sindragosa for the lvl 100th talent. But if you take Frostscythe, Icy Talons, Hungering Rune Weapon, and Glacial Advance, then your rotation is DRASTICALLY altered from live.

Not to mention that for AoE, your rotation changes no matter what, due to Remorseless Winter.

Live rotation for frost is very spammy. Just burn your runes on obli, then burn your RP on FS, weaving the occasional HB whenever rime procs, and refreshing your diseases whenever they fall off.

In legion, if you go with certain builds, you gotta alternate between Oblis and FS to maintain Icy Talons at 3 stacks for as long as you can, save your KM procs for Frostscythe, use glacial advance on cooldown, Weave HB whenever Rime procs, use horn of winter on cooldown, and if you've taken the Frozen Soul perk on your artifact, also use Remorseless Winter on cooldown.

Does that sound AT ALL like live to you?

Not to mention that gearing and stat prioritization has drastically changed. Frost DKs on live, value haste above all else. In Legion, Crit seems like the go-to stat for frost.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

From my non artifact ptr testing crit is hands down the best stat for frost and the majority of builds make use of it in 1 form or another like with avalanche.

And there's plenty of complexity to be had with Icy Talons/Shattering Strike being foremost among them

Quote Originally Posted by Atremedias View Post
    From my non artifact ptr testing crit is hands down the best stat for frost and the majority of builds make use of it in 1 form or another like with avalanche.

And there's plenty of complexity to be had with Icy Talons/Shattering Strike being foremost among them
    With 4pc T18 as Frost, Murderous Efficiency is INSANE. I don't find the other two holding a candle to ME without the artifact. I agree crit is by far the best stat. I have such low crit without UeH equipped. I have too much haste. Haste right now is horrible.

I leveled with Obliteration, Runic Attenuation, Shattering Strikes. I found it to be more fluid and had less down time. Maybe has to do with gear, but I just don't like the playstyle with Frostscythe right now.OB is the only thing generating RP if you don't have Runic Attenuation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rerecros View Post
    im sure everyone will rejoice in hearing there will be another DW frost blood elf male dk in lfr, im happy for you!
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Are you not worried that they might get nerfed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    Live rotation for frost is very spammy. Just burn your runes on obli, then burn your RP on FS, weaving the occasional HB whenever rime procs, and refreshing your diseases whenever they fall off.

Frost DKs on live, value haste above all else.
    I don't know anyone still playing 2H frost.

The only thing that kills me is they didnt update or do anything with animations for casting howling blast. Your swords magically get sheathed, then magically reappear in your hands again.

Small grumble? yes. but it looks really shit to me and irks me so much that it puts me of playing the spec (which is obviously gonna be crazy to some people)
    Realm First Grand Master Enchanter

Quote Originally Posted by Killyox View Post
    I am extremely disappointed to see OBLITERATE doing piss poor dmg. I mean damn, it's called OBLITERATE. In the far past it used to be frost's hardest hitting skill that lived up to its name. Not anymore. Makes me sad.

I would make Killing Machine procs increase Obliterate dmg by 50-100% and/or change it to 100% frost dmg when used with Killing Machine.
    what if they changed the name of frost strike to obliterate and obliterate to death slash( only a name change), would that make you feel a little better? (frost strike is doing the most damage now so the new obliterate would be number 1 )

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by garonne View Post
    what if they changed the name of frost strike to obliterate and obliterate to death slash( only a name change), would that make you feel a little better? (frost strike is doing the most damage now so the new obliterate would be number 1 )
    If it procced KM then yes (and cost runes not RP :> preferably so there would be no overlap with deathstrike for pvp)

Quote Originally Posted by NecroSleetstorm View Post
    With 4pc T18 as Frost, Murderous Efficiency is INSANE. I don't find the other two holding a candle to ME without the artifact. I agree crit is by far the best stat. I have such low crit without UeH equipped. I have too much haste. Haste right now is horrible.
    Agreed I had the time of my life with that - managed to chain something like 7/8 FSc together and it was insane even on ST. Pity it won't be lasting but will be great fun during the month or so 7.0 is live before Legion

I'm more hopeful for frost than ever before

Quote Originally Posted by GimmeThatDragon View Post
    I'm more hopeful for frost than ever before
    Our artifact still sucks.

I'd like to post that I'm likely another DK in legion. Holy CRAP does Frost (and to a lesser extent, Unholy) feel AMAZING. Rogue was my long time main with lock or mage as an alt since vanilla.

Frost just flows SO well and I really love how unholy always feels like it has something to do as well. Both specs don't feel spammy at all (unlike a lot of the non mage ranged I played) and it never feels starved for resources (unlike feral or warrior, though fury flows alright both warrior specs feel super squishy). The new animations and spell art just seals the deal. My only concern is PVP mobility but I'm sure I can get over it with all of the other benefits DK seems to offer.