Need car folks help!

So my ford fairmont (1979) needs the AC recharged, but i guess places dont touch R12 units...i was told you can easily convert it with a kit so i can use more current refil methods. Anyone know where id start looking?
    Originally Posted by Tradewind
    Well yeah, did you see the daughter? 0/10, would not bang.

Google would be a good place to start. Also car part stores.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    Autoparts store might be helpful.
    I'd check with NAPA or O'Reilly what they tell you.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

I bet reddit has a auto sub reddit, they have everything else.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

i'm not familiar with your particular a/c system on your car, but i collect some old hondas that still use the older refrigerant. I typically dont even bother with conversions as in my experience they are not as simple a conversion as some people make them out to be (it might be on your model vehicle). I typically just remove the a/c system to simplify the vehicle.

for a lot of domestic cars like yours, you can probably buy a fairly simple conversion kit since your car shares a lot with the fox body mustang, but unless you're mechanically inclined you'll have to pay to have it installed.

My real question is why in gods name are you driving a ford fairmont, and more importantly how has it managed to stay on the road?!
    Last edited by Ornerybear; 2016-06-17 at 08:36 PM.