Page 1 of 3
LastLast

The Randomness of Legion.

All sense of progression in Legion is based on randomness.
    • You do dungeons hoping to randomly get a piece of higher than normal ilvl gear, that randomly has the stats you want. Or preferably, a random piece of legendary gear that has the effect you want.
    • You do dailies for the same hope as dungeons: randomly getting the stuff you want and hoping it randomly has the stats you want. And unless I'm mistaken, after awhile you'll be hoping to randomly be assigned a faction you havent capped off yet each day.
    • PvP you hope your loot box randomly has the gear you need with the proper stats on it.
    • You do mythic dungeons hoping for that random bit of gear, but also that you randomly get good modifiers as well.
    • You craft gear until you get the randomized stats you want and then just keep upgrading that with an upgrade item you get by destroying gear and getting random amounts of upgrade material.

No doubt that WoW in the past has been based on RNG. There is no questioning that. But outside of raiding, its all about hoping you randomly get the right ilvl and the right stats, whereas raiding at least has static stats on items. A lot of progression will be based on getting legendary armor, which you get randomly and kinda hope you get the right piece. PvP has been made random too whereas in the past one the appeals was getting the gear you wanted and needed, rather than being at the mercy of RNG. Even crafting has a new bit of randomness shoved in, and the new purpose for dailies is hoping that you randomly get that piece of gear.

Choice is something that is rapidly being stripped from WoW in favor of players randomly getting neat loot. Do you think this is a good move, or one they need to bring back a bit? Perhaps going another extreme and bringing back gear vendors and token vendors as we had back in Cata times?
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

As someone that can only play ar weird hours and not very much i like the change. But if i would have had more time id prefer a more steady progression.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildpantz View Post
    As someone that can only play ar weird hours and not very much i like the change. But if i would have had more time id prefer a more steady progression.
    Isn't it the other way around? If I don't really have the time then I want to know I have x item after a certain amount of time. If I had time to spare I could just do it a few extra times to get the drop.

And this is a significant change..?
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    This.

In essence, its been this way since vanilla. Items have a chance to drop from monsters/dungeons, now there just are more items on the table.
    Last edited by mmocb00de5a34b; 2016-06-15 at 01:27 PM.

It's great! I love the thrill of getting a legendary or perfect item while going around your normal business.

What fun is it to grind towards an item? It only puts pressure on people, who feel obligated to farm the maximum amount of points, coins, tokens or whatever every day or week to get gear they 'need'. And when you miss a week, you lag behind and other people who are just as stupid will not want you in their raids anymore.

RNG is better. Everyone has the same chance of getting gear, just like in Classic. Isn't that all the rage today, wanting classic back? Well, there you go! One of the few good things from that era.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't think that the content we will see requires such a narrow scope of gear, and, because there are so few variables in the secondary stats, it isn't like D3 where items have a huge pool of modifiers and therefore the possibility of an item that you can't use is smaller. The question becomes where the line is drawn as to what can be done with sub optimal pieces. I would imagine the tuning is not very unforgiving on normal/heroic dungeons and raids, which makes any randomness on loot, well, moot.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Grxl View Post
    This.

In essence, its been this way since vanilla. Items have a chance to drop from monsters/dungeons, now there just are more items on the table.
    I stated why in the original post. Suming up: They are stacking randomness on top of randomness while removing prior none-random options and making all forms of progression based on it. I never doubted they had randomness in WoW, rather they are making it a great deal more prominent than the past. Heck I didnt mention this, but they are going so far as balancing the game around the biggest piece of randomness: legendary gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Grxl View Post
    This.

Ummm. No. Gear in general has been so homogenized, then made dependent on RNG that it has lost it's importance. Very bad thing.

need rng to get upgrades? No you don't. All gear has a minimum item level. You should be focusing on that, not the rng warforged upgrades.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    need rng to get upgrades? No you don't. All gear has a minimum item level. You should be focusing on that, not the rng warforged upgrades.
    I take it you havent been paying attention to blizzard mentioning the large myriad ilvls that can be dropped randomly in any level of the game? How even the PvP loot boxes will sometimes just pop out something really high up (though not as high as PvE, which will be king for PvPing), and that legendaries themselves will be dropping: with legendaries being the highest ilvl with unique effects.

Raiding loot stays unchanged.

Dungeon, world, and daily loot? All over the place.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    All sense of progression in Legion is based on randomness.
    • You do dungeons hoping to randomly get a piece of higher than normal ilvl gear, that randomly has the stats you want. Or preferably, a random piece of legendary gear that has the effect you want.
    • You do dailies for the same hope as dungeons: randomly getting the stuff you want and hoping it randomly has the stats you want. And unless I'm mistaken, after awhile you'll be hoping to randomly be assigned a faction you havent capped off yet each day.
    • PvP you hope your loot box randomly has the gear you need with the proper stats on it.
    • You do mythic dungeons hoping for that random bit of gear, but also that you randomly get good modifiers as well.
    • You craft gear until you get the randomized stats you want and then just keep upgrading that with an upgrade item you get by destroying gear and getting random amounts of upgrade material.

No doubt that WoW in the past has been based on RNG. There is no questioning that. But outside of raiding, its all about hoping you randomly get the right ilvl and the right stats, whereas raiding at least has static stats on items. A lot of progression will be based on getting legendary armor, which you get randomly and kinda hope you get the right piece. PvP has been made random too whereas in the past one the appeals was getting the gear you wanted and needed, rather than being at the mercy of RNG. Even crafting has a new bit of randomness shoved in, and the new purpose for dailies is hoping that you randomly get that piece of gear.

Choice is something that is rapidly being stripped from WoW in favor of players randomly getting neat loot. Do you think this is a good move, or one they need to bring back a bit? Perhaps going another extreme and bringing back gear vendors and token vendors as we had back in Cata times?
    except the dailies show you exactly what piece you're getting. For the rest, it's been that way for quite a while. Get used to it.
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

I preferred when the item just was the item.

This is Flurry Axe, it's epic and got a chance on hit effect to swing another time.

I prefer that far more than; Flurry Axe, it's epic and got a chance on hit effect, got a chance to either drop as warforged or titanforged, with or without gem slot, with or without secondary stats.

The search for the item becomes so dragged out its not even a fun feeling to get the "perfect stats" item you wanted, it just feel like a relief that the item is over to be farmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    except the dailies show you exactly what piece you're getting. For the rest, it's been that way for quite a while. Get used to it.
    Dailies also reward loot boxes.

Deleted
    And soon you ll be able to buy loot boxes in the cash shop

I take it you havent been paying attention to blizzard mentioning the large myriad ilvls that can be dropped randomly in any level of the game? How even the PvP loot boxes will sometimes just pop out something really high up (though not as high as PvE, which will be king for PvPing), and that legendaries themselves will be dropping: with legendaries being the highest ilvl with unique effects.

Raiding loot stays unchanged.

Dungeon, world, and daily loot? All over the place.
    All of those loot drops have a minimum item level. Stop thinking of titan or war forge as the item you want but as a nice upgrade you might get.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    and that' a bonus. Not something to complain about lol
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Deleted
    I definitely don't like this rng

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Ummm. No. Gear in general has been so homogenized, then made dependent on RNG that it has lost it's importance. Very bad thing.
    Do you ever use that word knowing what it actually means? Especially since stats on gear vary far more, especially since WoD? It creates more of a grind which I'm sort of against (vs. constantly feeling like you're "getting more powerful"), but at least act like you know what you're talking about.

There have always been Best in Slot items since the literal start of WoW. We've gotten more variety as the years have gone on but it's still stuck to the same formula. Don't act like this is something new to press a personal agenda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

On one hand it's kinda boring and I miss unique items, but on the other hand it should give people incentive to keep doing dungeons, rather than "I finally got the trinket from Black Morass, I'm never going back."