Legion Prestige question

I'm interested in this new system. I enjoy pvp, but once im in full blue gear i lose interest cause random bgs arent fun when im getting nothing to suffer through them.

My question is. How is it gaining prestige points? Especially if your team loses. Horde on my BG loses about 80% of the time, and im lucky to get 50 honor for each loss. Many games ive actually gotten 0 honor for it. Great waste of 20 mins. Is the prestige point system like this?
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Prestige = honor farm. You need 50k honor to unlock all talents and reach prestige lvl 1. At that point you reset the counter and all your pvp talents and you start farming again for prestige lvl 2.

So it's pretty much a glorified honor farm.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    I'm interested in this new system. I enjoy pvp, but once im in full blue gear i lose interest cause random bgs arent fun when im getting nothing to suffer through them.

My question is. How is it gaining prestige points? Especially if your team loses. Horde on my BG loses about 80% of the time, and im lucky to get 50 honor for each loss. Many games ive actually gotten 0 honor for it. Great waste of 20 mins. Is the prestige point system like this?
    So do you PvP just to get PvP gear? If gear is your driving force and you say battlegrounds are not fun and you suffer through them, why do it in the first place? I mean thats what PvE content is for. The idea of bgs going forward is less focused on gear and more on this prestige system so if you only pvp for gear it might not be what you want to do as you would just find it not fun.