Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffyman View Post
    It's heading that way in the UK.
    It's not really. No one has any issue with people having Hunting Rifles or Shotguns for sport or Gamekeeping. I don't know that there's been much public call for tightening what we have for some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Such as. The event is hilarious to you after watching people do their usual Murica shit and then having a problem with using corpses for political potshots.

Or that's me, anyway.
    Again you're trying to justify snarky comments by saying BUT THEY CRITICIZE US... You're a terrible person

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffyman View Post
    Now the scenario you're putting forward is a little far fetched.

- - - Updated - - -

It's heading that way in the UK.
    There is no reason any member of the general public in the UK needs to own a gun as part of their normal life.

Hundreds of People are being Shot & or Stabbed throughout the World Every day

Should we mourn a Politician who was on a far more pay thru corruption & backhanders like
    Politicians get

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    Anyone voting out these are your mates. Fuck off the planet you cunts.
    So by that logic you're friends with a rapist because he's voting stay?

Quote Originally Posted by dragonvalor View Post
    So by that logic you're friends with a rapist because he's voting stay?
    Well dont come running to Australia when you do vote "IN"

800 million Turks are looking forward to your vote

Quote Originally Posted by Aussiedude View Post

Should we mourn a Politician who was on a far more pay thru corruption & backhanders like
    Politicians get
    Ermm yes because she was an innocent mother of two just doing her job

Seriously WTF

- - - Updated - - -

Why would I want to live in Australia?

Deleted

Politicians get
    You should probably read her obituary. If it was somehow unavoidable that a politician should die yesterday then she was probably one of the least deserving cases to be the victim.

In any case, I see there being no more sympathy for the victim and her family because she was an MP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Houyi View Post
    There is no reason any member of the general public in the UK needs to own a gun as part of their normal life.
    Some use firearms for work, e.g. farmers.

We are already in, the vote is on whether we want to stay in.

The UK is not part of the Schengen Area and you have added a 0 on the number of Turks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Some use firearms for work, e.g. farmers.
    I maybe mistaken but I think they meant the average joe as opposed to somebody requiring a firearm for their profession

10+ Year Old Account
    I maybe mistaken but I think they meant the average joe as opposed to somebody requiring a firearm for their profession
    Yeah, Average Joes here don't need or want them, there's simply no culture of it. And no, 17 year old hormonal lads aren't Average Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Yeah, Average Joes here don't need or want them, there's simply no culture of it. And no, 17 year old hormonal lads aren't Average Joe.
    Im not following the teenage boy refrence

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Clay pigeon shooting, driven shoots and deer stalking are popular and longstanding practices in the UK.

No it is not, you are just demonstrating a lack of knowledge in respect of firearms usage in the UK.

Bolt action rifles and shotguns are used in work that is important to parts of the economy, so there is little chance that either will be prohibited. In comparison, the ban on semi-automatic weapons following Hungerford affected very few people and the ban on handguns after Dunblane mostly affected hobbyists, which meant both could be restricted without widespread problems.
    Just wait til someone gets killed with a hunting rifle. It always comes back to the weapon. (Unless, you can blame the right wing. Acceptable target.)

I look forward to the day knife, gas or bomb control gets uttered when a large sum of people aren't killed with bullets.

Clay pigeon shooting, driven shoots and deer stalking are popular and longstanding practices in the UK.
    That's more a desire than need though

- - - Updated - - -

Just wait til someone gets killed with a hunting rifle. It always comes back to the weapon. (Unless, you can blame the right wing. Acceptable target.)

I look forward to the day knife, gas or bomb control gets uttered when a large sum of people aren't killed with bullets.
    You and I both know a mass knife killing is difficult to perform

10+ Year Old Account
    They're not Average Joe pursuits. Even then, I said earlier, I don't think there are many people who have any particular issues with people owning Shotguns and Hunting Rifles for sport.

The guy I work with goes to the shooting range, I'm kinda interested in looking in to it too; but then I'm also interested in getting in on some field work in Greenland, Svalbard or somewhere where it's basically required. :3 I don't know much of anyone else who's really too bothered though.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2016-06-17 at 02:56 PM.

Again you're trying to justify snarky comments by saying BUT THEY CRITICIZE US... You're a terrible person
    Nah. That award still goes to the Europeans who can't wait to mock the country and victims.

Do unto others and all that.

- - - Updated - - -

That's more a desire than need though

- - - Updated - - -

You and I both know a mass knife killing is difficult to perform
    Difficult? Yes. Impossible? No.

Produces corpses neccesary for political posturing? Absolutely.

10+ Year Old Account
    That is not how the UK works in respect of firearms, we have had people killed with both hunting rifles and shotguns, yet both are still legal.

As I said, in respect of semi-automatic rifles and handguns, the need to have them was virtually non-existant (note that self defence is not regarded as a justified reason to own a firearm in the UK), so there was no real issue with banning them.

We have controls over all of them, to varying degrees. Knife "control" was a big thing in London not so long ago, in this respect it meant carrying knives in public, not ownership of knives, you are free to have as many knives in your house as you want.

7+ Year Old Account

Given the population of Turkey is roughly 80 million where are they hiding the rest?
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

Deleted
    No it is not, you are just demonstrating a lack of knowledge in respect of firearms usage in the UK.
    Considering the current bill going through parliament and the EUs actions that's not the case.We have bb guns needing a proper licence in Scotland with attempts to apply the same measures to England in a recent PR campaign.

Bolt action rifles and shotguns are used in work that is important to parts of the economy, so there is little chance that either will be prohibited.
    Neither are important to the economy. We could remove them both.