Page 1 of 26
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Unhappy Queue: "If I can't click 1 button, I won't participate"

Im genuinely curious about this mentality. The whole: "If a queue is not available for me, I won't participate"...

Why even play an MMO if that is the type of game you want?

I don't understand how people have a desire to play WoW or any other MMO, but don't want to interact with other players to get stuff done in the game, or to participate in content in a game. Wasn't the whole premise of an MMO that you were going to be expected to interact with other players to play the game optimally, as the genre (MMO) suggests?

I'd argue that the whole game doesn't have to be Queueable. The game can still be plenty accessible to all types of players with parts of it not available to be queued into.

People who have this mentality, please help me understand why you feel this way? Why does the game have to revolve around your wants and desires of it being a complete queue fest?

People who don't feel this way, what is your argument for having all types of content, specifically content that is unable to be queued for?

People who don't feel this way, what is your argument for having all types of content, specifically content that is unable to be queued for?
    It's about the journey. One does not simply queue into Mordor.

When the Userbase is spoiled you have to just rip the band-aid off and keep the ones you can. People don't really know what they want exactly, they talk about very minor specifics of certain features, but in actuality the feel of a game is not found in bullet-points on the box.

I'm very much looking forward to that. The most fun I had in WoD was actually doing challenge mode dungeons with my guild group, harder content with some of the RP back. Food before the start, "drink healer", etc.

I think this is ok, since the majority of the dungeons are still queue-able. If just two of them require a bit more, I'm completely fine with this and frankly so should be everyone else. Because this way, everyone is getting what they want. You want to queue? You can, excluding 2 dungeons.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Interact with other players? Sure!

Group/Co-op with those random players? That isn't very cool for me. I mean, who are those people? Playing in groups is fun only if I know the group - my friends and family are cool groups to do stuff with. Randoms on a mmo-rpg? Cooperating with strategy with those people isn't optimal. Lessening such... boring cooperations is beneficial to me. For example, I have nothing against PvP wiith other randoms in a MMO - that's a cool interaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Saberstrike View Post

Watch me!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DustWolf View Post
    I'm very much looking forward to that. The most fun I had in WoD was actually doing challenge mode dungeons with my guild group, harder content with some of the RP back. Food before the start, "drink healer", etc.

I think this is ok, since the majority of the dungeons are still queue-able. If just two of them require a bit more, I'm completely fine with this and frankly so should be everyone else. Because this way, everyone is getting what they want. You want to queue? You can, excluding 2 dungeons.
    The example of the 2 dungeons that will be mythic only is a good example, but im not just talking about what is coming in legion. I'm talking about generally, why is there a mentality that unless one can queue for content (be it PvP, PvE, etc), they wont participate?

Why would someone willingly not participate in content just because they cant click a button to get there? Is the extra "work" of socializing too much of a burden? Is the effort to meet other players, potentially making friendships / forming guilds seen as a negative in an MMO?

Thats what im trying to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post

People who have this mentality, please help me understand why you feel this way? Why does the game have to revolve around your wants and desires of it being a complete queue fest?
    The vast majority of players prefer it. The real question is why don't you?

I participate in friend & guild activities, and I love to queue, because I don't have to meet some raid leader's arbitrary (and most of the time outrageous) standards. I get in 100% of the time, don't get "rejected" when I apply to a group, and don't have to put up with someone's over-inflated ego.

Organized activities outside of queue-able content, I only do with guild mates and friends. People using the Group Finder tool (and to a lesser extent OpenRaid) tend to want inflated item levels, and achievements for the content they are doing. Learning/progression groups that will take players learning the content are few and far between. So, it's simply not worth it.

Also, queuing is available at all hours every day, not so much with organized groups.

There should be both, as there are uses for both.

10+ Year Old Account
    They think they want to use queue's ... but they don't .... LOL
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrno View Post
    They think they want to use queue's ... but they don't .... LOL
    Thank god someone laughed at that.

Because I don't have "time" to form a group.

Because I don't want some raid leader to ask for unrealistic requirements.

Those type of excuses always made me lol.

Create your own group you lazy casual whiners!
    Last edited by Sencha; 2016-06-16 at 07:53 PM.

Yeah, cry more, Jaybait.

The real question you should be asking yourself - if there was one geniune and serious bone in your body - is: what in the world is supposed to be so great and praiseworthy about sending another bloke a /w that says: "inv pls".

Counter question: what is your argument for not having matchmaking systems? What is another person supposed to gain from whispering mundane catchphrases to your self-important self? Why does the game have to revolve around your wants?

What is it about your presumptuous and judgemental persona that apparently should be such a joy for everyone else to "interact" with? If you're able to geniunely ask yourself these questions, all your uncertainties and doubts about matchmaking should be sufficiently answered.

Look at it this way. An adult person will be fully willing and able to be responsible for the frequency and scope of their interactions with other people. That's REAL LIFE for you right there. You should see people queueing for dungeons as an act of courtesy, and tolerance, towards yourself. It's a way of accepting your presence and your contribution to the gameplay without having to burden themselves with whatever ridiculous ideas of how other people should be you might have and seek to push onto everyone else.
    Last edited by Pull My Finger; 2016-06-16 at 08:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    [I]Create your own group you lazy casual whiners!
    This is my Hunter; http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Treijin/simple

Doesn't matter what time, day or night, when I try to pug raids or mythic dungeons I spend more time looking for a group and getting declined than actually playing the game. Examples include but not limited to; ilvl not high enough, No high level carry to bring with me, rolling on "others" tier (or reserved items), didn't get my AotC or similar when content was "hard", haven't fully cleared content etc, etc...

While you and many others spout the obnoxious and over used trope "create your own group you lazy casual whiners!", know that some people were born to lead and others were born to follow. I can carry out the role of a hunter/DPS just fine and enjoy a challenge. What I'm not good at is ensuring the other X amount of players are also doing what they should be, taking care of logistics involved with raiding and generally hand holding others through content.

TL;DR: Queuing allows me to avoid silly crap like @Jerichofr mentioned, more time playing and less searching for desirable groups. I still play with friends from time to time though.

Im genuinely curious about this mentality. The whole: "If a queue is not available for me, I won't participate"...

Why even play an MMO if that is the type of game you want?

I don't understand how people have a desire to play WoW or any other MMO, but don't want to interact with other players to get stuff done in the game, or to participate in content in a game. Wasn't the whole premise of an MMO that you were going to be expected to interact with other players to play the game optimally, as the genre (MMO) suggests?

I'd argue that the whole game doesn't have to be Queueable. The game can still be plenty accessible to all types of players with parts of it not available to be queued into.

Well there are some ppl out there who have a difficult time making friends, in every aspect of their life, despite how hard they try to better themselves, people dont want to be around them. Nothing against those people, its just how life works. So if this person who has a hard time making friends, really loves wow or any other kind of mmo, can only progress through click 1 button queue, and if that option isnt there, then they cant participate in something really love and enjoy, and the game producers are forced to lose a customer/client/fan

Queued content makes group arrangement undoubtedly faster, especially during off-peak hours, and basically nullifies the pug 'aotc required' shitlord mentality that (I assume) still permeates the game.

The only surprise is that players don't want auto-group making to be made available for normal + raid content.

Because I do not want to waste time sucking up to people like you. The queue is convenient and more importantly, impartial. I do not have to go through a examination by some random person to be judge if they consider I am good enough to join them in their little adventure.

Until people like you stop looking down at other players who you feel inferior, I much prefer to use the random queue.

Quote Originally Posted by Saberstrike View Post
    When you are going to Mordor for the 100th time you would want a faster way to get there.
    "Oh, you know what? You could bitch about anything couldn't you?" - Leonard L. Church

People that want to play one-button press games should stick to mobile apps and leave MMOs entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by kinneer View Post
    Because I do not want to waste time sucking up to people like you. The queue is convenient and more importantly, impartial. I do not have to go through a examination by some random person to be judge if they consider I am good enough to join them in their little adventure.

Until people like you stop looking down at other players who you feel inferior, I much prefer to use the random queue.
    Summed it up perfectly and in no uncertain terms. Absolutely spot-on.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The example of the 2 dungeons that will be mythic only is a good example, but im not just talking about what is coming in legion. I'm talking about generally, why is there a mentality that unless one can queue for content (be it PvP, PvE, etc), they wont participate?

Why would someone willingly not participate in content just because they cant click a button to get there? Is the extra "work" of socializing too much of a burden? Is the effort to meet other players, potentially making friendships / forming guilds seen as a negative in an MMO?

Thats what im trying to understand.
    It's actually really simple. It has been since WotLK. When the players set the requirements based solely on achievements or gearscore / item level, they tend to set the requirements too high. This excludes the majority of people from playing. If the game sets the requirements, the requirements are set at the level that Blizzard intended.

And no, don't regurgitate to me that players can form their own groups. That's worthless, and anyone who has ever been in an actual raid knows this, not everyone can form a group with a good composition and lead a raid. So if you're one of the people that doesn't have ahead of the curve, or you don't outgear the raid you want to do, and you aren't one of those people that can successfully setup and lead a raid, hitting a button to queue for content is quite appealing.