Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nanook12 View Post
    God people like you are stupid. Wages have severely stagnated, income inequality is at an all time high, mass immigration is creating too much job competition at the same time jobs are being outsourced, cost of college is insane, extreme tax loop holes for the wealthy, etc. With all this shit effecting America why wouldn't you want a revolution?
    I don't want one because I don't want to kill people, I don't want someone trying to kill me, I don't want people I love and care for to die for some dumb shit similar to the dumb shit you talking about...yes shit ain't fair we all know it but why the fuck should we fight and die for some dumb shit?!.

Not a dictatorship stupid that is what we have now. I want to restore democracy without massive amounts of money corrupting politics. Those people chasing happiness are never going to find it because the fat rich man or corporation is soaking up all the resources.
    Restore democracy by attempting to do things that have zero popular support? I don't know whether to laugh at you or be scared of you.

Deleted
    God people like you are stupid. Wages have severely stagnated, income inequality is at an all time high, mass immigration is creating too much job competition at the same time jobs are being outsourced, cost of college is insane, extreme tax loop holes for the wealthy, etc. With all this shit effecting America why wouldn't you want a revolution?

Then vote for Trump and stop talking about civil war.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got a bad feeling about you nanook12 stay away from guns and stay away from my city.

7+ Year Old Account
    Get a real job, OP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darchi
    Thx America for destroying Europe and world and all mess you cause bcs of your selfishness and only thinking abot yourself and of your interest, creating IS, killing in the name of democracy, etc etc...

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see how so many people are against the possibility of a violent uprising. Corporations and the rich have a strangle hold on the American political system. As long as politicians keep getting money from those sources, then there will be no change. Wages will not rise, immigration issues will not be solved because corporations like cheap labor, and work will keep being outsourced to other countries. Instead of standing up, violently if necessary, and demanding change in our political system we just let it slip by? I just cannot accept that sentiment, and I don't think my sentiment of needed revolution makes me a horrible person, especially considering the corruption of our system currently. More people should look up the gini coefficient for the United States because it has been increasing over the years. The gini coefficient indicates how unequal a society is and third world countries have the highest gini coefficient. So do we simply sit by and let the United States fade into third world country status because people are afraid of some violence that comes with revolutionary change?

- - - Updated - - -

There is no other way to change the current corruption of the system without burning it down. Politicians are in the pockets of those with money and the general public really has nothing to offer politicians so they are going to stay in the pockets of the wealthy. We are beyond the point of democratic change. Only a violent revolution against those in power will change things now.
    First of all, things in the US are going well; it is one of the most self-critical countries in the world, so people tend to make it look here like the US is a horrible country - but it is not so. It is one of the best countries to live in on this planet, and while there are certainly some glaring issues, they are nowhere near being able to prevent this country from being the world leader in the nearest few decades, at least.

Then, how do you imagine civil war / revolution? A few bored guys on forums decide that things aren't going well, grab guns and go change the government? This is no Hollywood, mate, this isn't how it works. Civil war / revolution happens only when a significant percentage of the population simply cannot live like they do any more, and they need the change NOW, badly, like their life is at stake. What you say in this thread is just, "Meh, inequality, meh, corruption". The quality of life in the US is high enough for most people to feel pretty comfortable; revolutions do not happen in such circumstances.

The US won't fade into third world status, what makes you think it will? The issues you are describing have been central in this country ever since it separated from Britain; in fact, the US nowadays is probably in a better state than it's ever been - hell, up until 60-s blacks in the US lived almost like slaves, and nowadays no social group is in such a low position, so if revolution / civil war hasn't happened then, then it's damn sure not going to happen now.

---

Live a little less in the doom world created by media, and a little more in the real world you can see in front of you. Travel in different countries (which you consider to be better than the US), see how people in other places live. You will come to the conclusion that there are very few countries with the quality of life visibly higher than that in the US (at least, as long as we talk about the average citizen; the poor in the US arguably are doing worse than in top European countries), and top countries such as Western and North European ones, former British colonies, Japan, Singapore - all are on a pretty similar level in terms of quality of life. The US falls behind in some areas, other countries fall behind in some areas... Please, stop complaining already: I'm so tired of hearing about how horrible it is to live in the US, from people who have never spent a significant time overseas and have hardly any knowledge of how people there actually live. The US is doing just fine. There are things to criticize, and they should be criticized - but there is nothing horrible happening.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Not a dictatorship stupid that is what we have now. I want to restore democracy without massive amounts of money corrupting politics. Those people chasing happiness are never going to find it because the fat rich man or corporation is soaking up all the resources.
    I fully support you in being the change that you desire. Pick up where Bernie left off and march your troops across the nation, spreading your message and gaining your supporters. become a voice they can not ignore! Make every corporation and politician tremble before you

Be Civil and be a Warrior and you'll have your war! Maybe just not the war you imagine in your head.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, I want a little bit of revenge on the wealthy and corporations for forcing me to exist on slave wages.
    Say what?

http://www.therichest.com/business/t...y-per-country/
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...y_average_wage
    http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living...ngs?itemId=105
    Last edited by May90; 2016-06-17 at 02:50 AM.
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    In my opinion, when the next one hits, America will more closely resemble a Mad Max film by then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Was Zimbabwe a new thing or was it always a shit hole?
    Zimbabwe actually used to be called Rhodesia, one of the most prosperous African countries by early 80-s. Then the great economist Robert Mugabe decided to chase away "greedy white corporations" and gave the lands to the native population, regardless of their farmer skills and experience. Then, it became a "shit hole".

Speaking of which, am I the only one who sees some parallels between the actions of Mugabe and what OP wants done?

10+ Year Old Account
    It is going to make me sound really bad, but I really want to another civil war to breakout. I absolutely hate the system that is in place in America at the moment. Corporations and the wealthy squash and oppress everyone else beneath them, and they have government on their side to make sure it stays that way. As politics become more and more corrupted the only way real change is ever going to happen is through violent revolt of the masses. Honestly, I want a little bit of revenge on the wealthy and corporations for forcing me to exist on slave wages.
    Civil wars rarely go the way people want them to. Chances are you would like the outcome even less than the current situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Because an economic superpower like the USA is about as far from "third world status" as you can possibly get, and everything you've stated here is nothing more than blatant fearmongering.

Yes, wealth inequality is an issue that should be addressed. No, it's not going to lead to civil war.

Just vote differently.

It's that simple. Acting like this is some impossible task is beyond ridiculous. Americans have exactly the government they keep collectively asking for.

But no, rather than actually trying to make any change at the ballot box, you want to skip right to murdering innocent people by the hundreds of thousands.

It's one thing to push for change at any cost. But what you're talking about is murdering people because you're too lazy to even try.
    One of the few times I'll agree with Endus.

Well put.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Our WANTS are being met NOT our needs. Housing health and food(aa in healthy foods) are all rare now
    Or...or...you could work to meet your OWN needs.

Crazy concept i know.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Then vote for Trump and stop talking about civil war.
    Trump wouldn't fix that. Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren would though. Trump's Tax policy would guarantee what nanook12 wants to happen.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Because I don't want the US to turn into Little Somalia for a few decades.
    According to the gini coefficient the United States is already on the path to becoming big Somalia if it keeps progressing as it has. A revolution could change that.
    Last edited by nanook12; 2016-06-17 at 04:11 AM.

95% of people under 40 are too lazy to get off the couch and stop texting long enough to start the laundry let alone civil upheaval...lol.

Black people are angry enough to launch a civil war.

I was watching this news video from the 60's and this black teen, about 18 said "I don't care, they can go ahead and kill me, I'm tired of this."

That's the kind of attitude you need to launch a revolution, you got to put your life on the line because you're tired of the crap.

Wining isn't enough.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    I don't want one because I don't want to kill people, I don't want someone trying to kill me, I don't want people I love and care for to die for some dumb shit similar to the dumb shit you talking about...yes shit ain't fair we all know it but why the fuck should we fight and die for some dumb shit?!.
    Because that "dumb shit" like freedom of speech, fair work wages, the right to a court hearing, and basically all constitutional rights will be taken away from you if you do not fight and die for it. You just don't realize that all of the shit you take for granted now someone had to die for years ago.
    Last edited by nanook12; 2016-06-17 at 04:17 AM.

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Are you willing to murder your fellow citizens to get what you want? Are you willing to be slaughtered pursuing that cause?

No?

Then there's no civil war about to break out. That's how bad things have got to get. Unless you're willing to ignore the law and shoot some corporate leaders in the face yourself, leading to fighting the police, resulting in months of sustained combat to get your "way", you don't actually want that. You're just complaining that life would be easier if people you disagreed with were killed on your behalf, without getting your own hands dirty in the process.

That's not a desire for "civil war". That's a desire to be the one in power who's abusing that authority to stamp out opposing voices.

I'll also note that actually doing that makes you the kind of person this Omar Mateen guy was. Congrats on supporting murderous terrorism, I guess.
    Endus, I will admit that at times you confuse the heck out of me. I've been reading the forums FOREVER but only recently decided to stick my proverbial toes in the water. Could NOT agree more with a post than what you wrote here.

I think you're the kind of person that if I met you in person, we'd either annoy each other so much we'd want to punch each other in the nose pretty quickly (your views and mine are almost 180 from each other), or I'd probably like to buy you a beer (or a nice single malt... the only two things worth drinking, imho). You DO use Hellboy as your avatar, so I'll go with buying-you-a-drink as the first option, you can't be ALL bad ... even if you are Canadian.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    That was true at a time where black powder firearms, rapiers, and cannons were the height of military power. Sure. How do you think the French Revolution would have gone if Marie Antoinette had had widespread and large-scale access to drones, cluster bombs, and sea/air/land-based long-range ordnance support?
    What makes you believe the super rich have that here? They own corporations... not the US Military.

And as I said in another thread - I honestly do not expect soldiers and Military leaders to be wanting to lay down their lives and kill civilians in the name of protecting Donald Dump's ego.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because that "dumb shit" like freedom of speech, fair work wages, the right to a court hearing, and basically all constitutional rights will be taken away from you if you do not fight for it. You just don't realize that all of the shit you take for granted now someone had to die for years ago.
    You've said so many loud words here... Let me ask you: what have you, in particular, done to defend freedom of speech, fair work wages, etc.? You know, complaining about tough hard life in First World is not something you would do if you REALLY wanted to change these things. And that's the only case in which anything resembling revolution or civil war even can happen: a large percentage of people should REALLY want to change something, should be desperate enough to be ready to sacrifice their lives for it - like Hubcap wrote above. While your attitude looks more like this: "I'm sitting on the couch and I'm bored... Hmm, let me write a post about how our system sucks". This is not the attitude you have when you really want change, dude. When you really want change, you go ahead and make the change reality.

Also, your ancestors didn't die for "fair work wages", they died for exactly the opposite: the uncontrolled system in which every person is able to offer any wages to their potential employees. Free market and capitalism. If you said that you are saying now back when Independence War was waged, you would be considered a British sympathizer, and the ancestors you are so proud of would actually fight AGAINST you.
    Last edited by May90; 2016-06-17 at 04:19 AM.