Deleted

Post Need help with operating system on 2 drives?!

Hi I recently bought a pc where the company forgot to plug in the ssd so when I loaded windows on It went onto the hard drive. I used a piece of software to clone my hard drive to my ssd which included the operating system. I can manually select to boot from my ssd and it works fine so I know it has been clonned properly.

My question is, to ensure that it will always boot from the ssd rather than the hard drive, seeing as its a new computer would formatting the hard drive and deleting the OS off of the drive ensure that the computer can automatically boot from the ssd or should I start again?

This is windows 10. I also do not care for any information that is currently on the computer as it is less than a day old.

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by Mori123 View Post
    Hi I recently bought a pc where the company forgot to plug in the ssd so when I loaded windows on It went onto the hard drive. I used a piece of software to clone my hard drive to my ssd which included the operating system. I can manually select to boot from my ssd and it works fine so I know it has been clonned properly.

My question is, to ensure that it will always boot from the ssd rather than the hard drive, seeing as its a new computer would formatting the hard drive and deleting the OS off of the drive ensure that the computer can automatically boot from the ssd or should I start again?

This is windows 10. I also do not care for any information that is currently on the computer as it is less than a day old.

Thanks,
    Yeah, you should likely format the HDD but you should also probably go in to BIOS and change the boot order.

Just make sure the SSD is bootable or nothing will happen, not sure the cloning software took care of that.