7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Maybe it wasn't a Jewish thing, maybe his team just realised that the picture looked like some clip art shit from the 90s.

Just speaking of seasons 1-4 (roughly books 1-3), I'd say that there were relatively few major changes/additions all things considered (not counting things getting way smaller and characters being combined or removed for budget/time constraints, that's just necessary for an adaptation of books this size), but the things they added were mostly bad (though some extended scenes with certain characters were good) and the things they changed were a mixed bag at best.

Overall though, 10 episodes of an hour long TV show is just nothing compared to the depth and complexity of the books.

As adaptations go, it did pretty well all things considered, mostly faithful. Portraying something like ASoIAF in a TV medium truly accurately is an impossible task.
    Yes it is. As I said I really enjoyed the series. In fact watched all this seasons episodes in a binge this weekend. It's probably better I didn't read the books so I couldn't be disappointed.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

Quote Originally Posted by hachidori View Post
    See, that's the thing. The guy who made the graphic said that it's just a generic template, yet the media is desperately trying to paint it as an anti-Semitic symbol. As usual they are desperate to find anything that will stick and make Trump look bad as voting season rolls around.

Is the star a Star of David? No; the Star of David specifically has lines going through it. Is it a sheriff's star? No; the sheriff's badge has little balls on each point. It is none of these things. It's just a graphic that you can make in Microsoft Paint right now.

tl;dr - the guy who makes the graphic tells us why there's a star in it and the silly nannies insist they know art better than the artist.
    It was MEANT to be a star of David by the racist group that made it. Stop being disingenuous.

Quote Originally Posted by Eviscero View Post
    It was MEANT to be a star of David by the racist group that made it. Stop being disingenuous.
    The "racist group that made it" is one guy on Twitter who said it's just a template graphic.

Again: it's just a sad, desperate attempt to make Donald Trump look bad. The guy's daughter married into a Jewish family, his grandkids are Jewish and he's gone on to say he supports Israel.

7+ Year Old Account
    See, that's the thing. The guy who made the graphic said that it's just a generic template, yet the media is desperately trying to paint it as an anti-Semitic symbol. As usual they are desperate to find anything that will stick and make Trump look bad as voting season rolls around.

Is the star a Star of David? No; the Star of David specifically has lines going through it. Is it a sheriff's star? No; the sheriff's badge has little balls on each point. It is none of these things. It's just a graphic that you can make in Microsoft Paint right now.

tl;dr - the guy who makes the graphic tells us why there's a star in it and the silly nannies insist they know art better than the artist.
    He did? Provide a cite for that from @FishBoneHead1 who is the person who created the meme. Thanks.

If you are going to defend Trump come actually understand whats going on. Not what you are being fed from Trump's campaign. No one in the Trump created that meme. They lifted it wholesale from either @FishBoneHead1's tweet or from /pol/.

Oh and who claimed it was at first a sheriff's badge. Hmmmm.

"These false attacks by Hillary Clinton trying to link the Star of David with a basic star, often used by sheriffs who deal with criminals and criminal behavior, showing an inscription that says 'Crooked Hillary is the most corrupt candidate ever' with anti-Semitism is ridiculous," Trump said in a statement.

I guess you are saying that excuse was bullshit.

- - - Updated - - -

The "racist group that made it" is one guy on Twitter who said it's just a template graphic.

Again: it's just a sad, desperate attempt to make Donald Trump look bad. The guy's daughter married into a Jewish family, his grandkids are Jewish and he's gone on to say he supports Israel.
    Cite please. Do tell me who you think created it? Suggest you read this: https://mic.com/articles/147711/dona...sts#.9vp3jmK5h
    Last edited by Pangean; 2016-07-05 at 04:22 AM.

The bigger issue is he's too stupid to know how the half baked things he says will be taken. This whole 'I'm not politically correct' nonsense is just an excuse for not thinking before he speaks.

Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post
    He did? Provide a cite for that from @FishBoneHead1 who is the person who created the meme. Thanks.

If you are going to defend Trump come actually understand whats going on. Not what you are being fed from Trump's campaign. No one in the Trump created that meme. They lifted it wholesale from either @FishBoneHead1's tweet or from /pol/. .

- - - Updated - - -

Cite please. Do tell me who you think created it? Suggest you read this: https://mic.com/articles/147711/dona...sts#.9vp3jmK5h
    Unfortunately the account FishBoneHead1 has been deleted and it's impossible for me to recover the tweet. More importantly: of course he "lifted it from Twitter." The way Twitter works focuses entirely on regurgitating what other people have said first. Get a grip.

Here's a gas valve in Boston. Let's complain about how it's anti-Semitic because it uses a generic star shape.

Unfortunately the account FishBoneHead1 has been deleted and it's impossible for me to recover the tweet. More importantly: of course he "lifted it from Twitter." The way Twitter works focuses entirely on regurgitating what other people have said first. Get a grip.

Here's a gas valve in Boston. Let's complain about how it's anti-Semitic because it uses a generic star shape.
    I forgot, context means nothing. You can't really be this simple.

I forgot, context means nothing. You can't really be this simple.
    The only simple thing here is how you can immediately buy into the assumption (and it is an assumption) that the star was supposed to be anti-Semitic. It's incredibly obviously just a fabricated controversy.

7+ Year Old Account

I've always wanted to have a debate with a Trump supporter. Why are you voting for Trump? Do you think his plans are a success?

Do you realize that Trump's tax plan is a disaster as well as his plan to relieve debt?

7+ Year Old Account
    The bigger issue is he's too stupid to know how the half baked things he says will be taken. This whole 'I'm not politically correct' nonsense is just an excuse for not thinking before he speaks.
    An interesting exercise is watching a video from Trump from 20 years ago to one recently.

- - - Updated - - -

I gave you a link to a story that explains it and included FishBoneHead1 stuff before he deleted it. You chose to ignore it and bath in your ignorance. Not surprised.

An interesting exercise is watching a video from Trump from 20 years ago to one recently.

- - - Updated - - -

I gave you a link to a story that explains it and included FishBoneHead1 stuff before he deleted it. You chose to ignore it and bath in your ignorance. Not surprised.
    Yeah, I'm sure the guy with Donald Trump in a clown costume as an avatar is eager to have an unbiased, intelligent debate about Donald Trump.

You can link whatever you want but it's a fact the guy who made the graphic mentioned it had nothing to do with anti-Semitism. It makes even less sense when you consider (as I mentioned) Trump's immediate family is married to Jews or outright Jewish. Trump, as he often does, retweeted something that mentions him in a positive light. Now the media is trying to erect a circus tent around supposed bigotry and make it appear that bigotry took place when in reality none has.

Once again, we see the following:

He's right. It's not a Jewish star; Jewish stars have lines through them and are a very specific symbol.
    Sorry, you aren't going to make excuses for the white supremacist bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Sorry, you aren't going to make excuses for the white supremacist bullshit.
    "I know your art better than you do, artist."

Yeah, I'm sure the guy with Donald Trump in a clown costume as an avatar is eager to have an unbiased, intelligent debate about Donald Trump.

You can link whatever you want but it's a fact the guy who made the graphic mentioned it had nothing to do with anti-Semitism. It makes even less sense when you consider (as I mentioned) Trump's immediate family is married to Jews or outright Jewish. Trump, as he often does, retweeted something that mentions him in a positive light. Now the media is trying to erect a circus tent around supposed bigotry and make it appear that bigotry took place when in reality none has.

Once again, we see the following:

Yeah, but that isn't exactly what is happening. The sad thing is, you are the only one that is buying into that bullshit because you are gullible. The fact that he has to "clarify" it means he is making excuses for his stupid shit that he has said.

7+ Year Old Account
    The only simple thing here is how you can immediately buy into the assumption (and it is an assumption) that the star was supposed to be anti-Semitic. It's incredibly obviously just a fabricated controversy.
    Hardly. And the big issue is instead of saying "hey folks we used something we probably shouldn't have and we apologize" We get this shit you are peddling.

If he really didn't believe it was an issue why did he delete the tweet and put up a new one?

And some folks who don't think it's a fabricated controversy.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Yeah, but that isn't exactly what is happening. The sad thing is, you are the only one that is buying into that bullshit because you are gullible. The fact that he has to "clarify" it means he is making excuses for his stupid shit that he has said.
    He didn't say anything, he re-tweeted an image someone else made. He does this on a very frequent basis via his Twitter account.

You sure are eager to call me gullible when you've fallen for the most obvious manufactured controversy seen in a long while.

- - - Updated - - -

Hardly. And the big issue is instead of saying "hey folks we used something we probably shouldn't have and we apologize" We get this shit you are peddling.

If he really didn't believe it was an issue why did he delete the tweet and put up a new one?

And some folks who don't think it's a fabricated controversy.

And now we come back around again... I know this is a video game forum, but you guys seriously can't argue.

How is a generic star template, one you can find on gas valves and Microsoft Paint, inherently anti-Semitic?

"I know your art better than you do, artist."
    https://mic.com/articles/147711/dona...sts#.kIrD5bavP
    This is the article for the douchebag that made the Tweet, then tweeted it to Trump.

He has posted this white supremacist bullshit: https://images.mic.com/twnnse0mrb6fa...ck6mpifwfw.jpg
    And this one: https://images.mic.com/zeomqgpahufyk...jn0y3ywewe.jpg
    And this one: https://images.mic.com/ikmapija93cou...fbr4fkqj6o.jpg

This is where he got the image in /pol/, the "alt right" forum on 8chan. A place for the douchiest douches of the internet. It was deleted, but luckily this is the internet where nothing is ever deleted forever. http://archive.is/E0Dto That thread would be the PERFECT place for you to defend your fuhrer.

7+ Year Old Account

Asking you to read an article is somehow a function of a lack of debate? Oh and where the cites you were asked for? You have now made a new claim. Provide a cite for the claim. You keep running from supporting your claims and make new ones. Is it because you are making up shit or you don't really know what's going on?

He didn't say anything, he re-tweeted an image someone else made. He does this on a very frequent basis via his Twitter account.

You sure are eager to call me gullible when you've fallen for the most obvious manufactured controversy seen in a long while.

- - - Updated - - -

And now we come back around again... I know this is a video game forum, but you guys seriously can't argue.

How is a generic star template, one you can find on gas valves and Microsoft Paint, inherently anti-Semitic?
    The fact that he doesn't check the tweets says more about him and you for believing it. Also, why did he not just delete it and be done with it? Instead of trying to cover up the star and failing miserably to get his point across? That he is a lying dumbass with retards for followers the believe any bullshit conspiracy because they are gullible.

7+ Year Old Account

I provided that to you already with the quote from the ADL.