Page 36 of 131 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussiedude View Post
    Getting Rid of Political Correctness is the main reason I support Mr Trump.

Calling Manhole covers Personhole Covers was the last straw
    I've seen this a lot. Do people think that just because Trump goes out of his way to be overtly insulting that he's going to "get rid of" political correctness? Because "getting rid of it" would also involve throwing the first amendment out the window.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

You do realize Trump bans press from his speeches because of getting butthurt? He's a walking talking hypocrite.

Do as I say, not as I do.

10+ Year Old Account

Personhole covers is an actual thing? Fucking hell. I hate this berenstain universe.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    You do realize Trump bans press from his speeches because of getting butthurt? He's a walking talking hypocrite.

Because the media is so fair to Trump amirite? Why should he allow certain media outlets to financially profit off of him by printing such outright bullshit like the Washington Post was? And the huffington post for that matter which was nothing but a news agitator site that changed words around so they were 'legally' not plagiarizing.
    I may not agree with what you say but I will fight to the death to defend your right to say it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post

Well how else are you going to get rid of "political correctness" without censoring it?

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Because "getting rid of it" would also involve throwing the first amendment out the window.
    No, just appoint Proper American Strict Constitutionalist Judges. They're dance around that by defining political correctness as "not speech", much like they defined "obscenity" as "not speech".

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    I've seen this a lot. Do people think that just because Trump goes out of his way to be overtly insulting that he's going to "get rid of" political correctness? Because "getting rid of it" would also involve throwing the first amendment out the window.
    Well I am going to Politically Incorrect from now on
    and call a Spade a Spade

Unfortunatly the Stupid Australia politicians bought in a law called 18C

18C is now used as a gag to any debate about race and ethnicity.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    That has to be one of the most nerdy insults I've seen on here.
    says the nerd ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushtuckrman View Post
    How long does it fucking take to develop? Some nations are thousands of years old and are still raging shit holes. Oh I guess its un-PC to explore the reasons why.
    The reasons why are not seldom connected to our wealth. And others were developed while we were strolling through the woods like near primates.
    The older labels weren't connected to the wealth and progress btw. They were political labels.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    The reasons why are not seldom connected to our wealth. And others were developed while we were strolling through the woods like near primates.
    The older labels weren't connected to the wealth and progress btw. They were political labels.
    Wealth doesn't matter so much either. Take Belarus for example with just about any African country.
    I may not agree with what you say but I will fight to the death to defend your right to say it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personhole covers is an actual thing?
    No, it isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Grogo View Post
    This is where the Trump supporters finally realize what the real world is like.
    And it tastes so sweet. Droves of people have predicted this. Perhaps reason can save the day once more.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

How long does it fucking take to develop? Some nations are thousands of years old and are still raging shit holes. Oh I guess its un-PC to explore the reasons why.
    Actually it takes millennia, and it hasn't stopped. The "developed nations" in the west are still developing - whereas some of the "developing nations" are not "developing".

A more accurate term would be "developed" and "under-developed" - which is clearly relative to the current time; a developed nation in 1950 would not be developed now if it had stopped developing then.

Deleted
    Is T Rump his rap name?

Trump gets offended at the media calling him names so much that he wants to restrict freedom of the press. That's like the opposite of fighting PC.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    Trump gets offended at the media calling him names so much that he wants to restrict freedom of the press. That's like the opposite of fighting PC.
    The defining characteristic of the anti-PC crowd is that they can all dish it out but they can't take it. Just look at all the threads on this board where people are gleefully "telling it like it is" and then when someone pops in and says one mean word about white people, it's all "OMFG YOU CAN'T SAY THAT REVERSE RACISM!!!!11"

Because the media is so fair to Trump amirite? Why should he allow certain media outlets to financially profit off of him by printing such outright bullshit like the Washington Post was? And the huffington post for that matter which was nothing but a news agitator site that changed words around so they were 'legally' not plagiarizing.
    The media is the reason Trump is where he is, they have not scrutinized his candidacy and treated it like a reality show to boost their ratings and he loves it. There has been no one in the history of media that has gotten so much free press than Trump has that is why he doesn't need to spend much money on advertising.

The only reason he is banning press now is because that some are finally starting to take this as something other than a reality show for ratings. Trump is amazingly thin skinned for someone who likes to attack people.

Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    The defining characteristic of the anti-PC crowd is that they can all dish it out but they can't take it. Just look at all the threads on this board where people are gleefully "telling it like it is" and then when someone pops in and says one mean word about white people, it's all "OMFG YOU CAN'T SAY THAT REVERSE RACISM!!!!11"
    Yeah, I've noticed that the anti-PC people are whiny little bitches.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Just to throw this out there....
    The terms First, Second, Third world are redundant nowadays.
    The USSR is gone. Doesn't exist anymore.
    We can use the more correct and applicable terms now.. Developed nation, Developing nation.
    Don't forget the underdeveloped nations like Austria or Bavaria... :P

- - - Updated - - -

It's easy to talk like that when you're resting on the accomplishments of a dozen or so people from 100-200 years ago. You, my friend, have accomplished jack shit in comparison. You may want to show some humility.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Don't forget the underdeveloped nations like Austria or Bavaria... :P

- - - Updated - - -

It's easy to talk like that when you're resting on the accomplishments of a dozen or so people from 100-200 years ago. You, my friend, have accomplished jack shit in comparison. You may want to show some humility.
    I, like my ancestors are just a clog in the machine that keeps it turning from the help of cogs that push us. Too many spanners thrown into the machine and it all comes apart, don't be a spanner in the works mate.

pic related, my great grandfather in the 19th century who helped settle parts of Victoria with his wife and Their children. My grandfather is the one leaning infront of his lap in the clown suit kind of outfit with the buttons on the front. My Grandfather fought in the war, after that he was in the lumber mill industry and had employed many Aboriginal and New Guineans though the photos of that aren't online unfortunately.
    Bonus fact: Our family of that era were friends with the Kelly's and I have a photo of my great grandmother being piggybacked by Ned Kelly that nobody else has.
    I do have some humility mate.

Last edited by Bushtuckrman; 2016-06-18 at 11:18 AM.

I, like my ancestors are just a clog in the machine that keeps it turning from the help of cogs that push us. Too many spanners thrown into the machine and it all comes apart, don't be a spanner in the works mate.

pic related, my great grandfather in the 19th century who helped settle parts of Victoria with his wife and Their children. My grandfather is the one leaning infront of his lap in the clown suit kind of outfit with the buttons on the front.

That's a really cool photo! I was more aiming at the people coming up with the age of reason and enlightenment, but that's kinda along the same lines. Although, you did kinda fuck aborigines over, but you know that story better than I do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    That's a really cool photo! I was more aiming at the people coming up with the age of reason and enlightenment, but that's kinda along the same lines. Although, you did kinda fuck aborigines over, but you know that story better than I do.
    Yeah but I will say it wasn't my lineage that fucked them over as my ancestors were political prisoners/indentured slaves forced to travel to Australia and help colonize on the condition of being granted release from being indentured. I will say from what I have read and the things I have from my family's history thanks to my cousin who collected it all, the Brits were pretty decent to the Aboriginals compared to their past until they got sick of the attacks by the Aboriginals on the farmers and settlements. Of course you can't blame the Aboriginals either in their point of view, they were encroached by invaders and the invaders brought with them diseases such as small pox that they had never encountered before. Regardless Captain Cook and the succeeding generals off the top of my memory from reading about it had offered Aboriginals sanctuary in return for their hands to help settle Australia which many Aboriginals did accept. There are pictures online showing Brits being hanged for murdering Aboriginals and there are pictures of Aboriginals being hanged for murdering Brits. Of course it is what it is, an invading force took over the land of the native people and drove them further inland as settlements and farming lands were developed.

But I do believe from all that I have read about it and know from my families past is that our Aboriginal people had better opportunity's than a great manner of indigenous people of other countries regardless of skin color, eg the Irish I think were treated far worse by the Brits.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    Actually it takes millennia, and it hasn't stopped. The "developed nations" in the west are still developing - whereas some of the "developing nations" are not "developing".

A more accurate term would be "developed" and "under-developed" - which is clearly relative to the current time; a developed nation in 1950 would not be developed now if it had stopped developing then.
    I agree though it does not take a Millennia, Australia and America have only existed for ~250 years but yet both are first world nations at the forefront of technology and development. In the past the lesser developed nations were always taken advantage of and when it comes to Africa they also took advantage of themselves. Portugal was the first to set up a slavers bay in Africa, Brits loved doing business with well to do Africans to enslave other African's under the banner of Christianity and Arab muslim's conquered Northern Africa and had tens of millions of African slaves, mostly in sex trade as that is what they were known for across Europe, Africa and India when it came to slavery.