Page 86 of 131 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hachidori View Post

You just reinforced exactly what I said. The judge is a member of that first La Raza group, which is a Hispanic (mostly Mexican) legal team with focuses on assisting those accused of illegal immigration.

Please read next time.
    How about you read first?
    http://sdlrla.com/trumppressrelease/
    You are defending Trump on something that was disavowed by everyone, on both sides of the aisle.
    It was almost his complete undoing. And you can bet your ass, if that would have happened during the republican primaries, we would no longer talk about Trump. He'd been done right there and then.
    Last edited by Wildtree; 2016-06-24 at 09:13 PM.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    How about you read first?
    http://sdlrla.com/trumppressrelease/
    "The San Diego La Raza Lawyers Association (SDLRLA) is a local diversity bar association whose reputation among the San Diego legal community is highly regarded. Our focus is “to advance the cause of equality, empowerment and justice for Latino attorneys and the Latino community in San Diego County through service and advocacy. We are dedicated to promoting diversity on both the bench and bar…” (http://sdlrla.com/about/mission-statement/)."

And among their roster of lawyers, their case history is full of (and I'm not going to repeat this again) defending hispanic individuals accused of illegal immigration, among other things. Trump is completely correct to question the judge's allegiances; not based on his race, but based on this La Raza affiliation.

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, you guys talk about Trump being a "puppet." Have a look at this:

http://i.imgur.com/IOLrQTi.png

Bernie Sanders makes one of his major campaign points an adversity to Wall Street... and then proceeds to support a candidate heavily endorsed by Wall Street, Hillary Clinton.

Say what you want about Cruz, Rubio and Trump, but they have the courage to say "no, I won't support this other Republican because I disagree with him." The cronyism runs deeper in the Democratic party than the Republican one it seems.

10+ Year Old Account
    "The San Diego La Raza Lawyers Association (SDLRLA) is a local diversity bar association whose reputation among the San Diego legal community is highly regarded. Our focus is “to advance the cause of equality, empowerment and justice for Latino attorneys and the Latino community in San Diego County through service and advocacy. We are dedicated to promoting diversity on both the bench and bar…” (http://sdlrla.com/about/mission-statement/)."

And among their roster of lawyers, their case history is full of (and I'm not going to repeat this again) defending hispanic individuals accused of illegal immigration, among other things. Trump is completely correct to question the judge's allegiances; not based on his race, but based on this La Raza affiliation.
    No he is not right, and never was right about it.
    it really takes a great deal of intellectual tunnel vision to defend him on that.

7+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Bernie Sanders makes one of his major campaign points an adversity to Wall Street... and then proceeds to support a candidate heavily endorsed by Wall Street, Hillary Clinton.

Say what you want about Cruz, Rubio and Trump, but they have the courage to say "no, I won't support this other Republican because I disagree with him." The cronyism runs deeper in the Democratic party than the Republican one it seems.
    "I Don't have a source for my claims -- HEY LOOK OVER THERE!!"

7+ Year Old Account

So we have moved from the professional organization doing the defending to "amongst their roster of lawyers" doing the defending and this somehow infected Curiel so that he became biased through osmosis. Total and utter bullshit. And I note Trump's claims of bias were based on his actual heritage.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

You also conveniently failed to read

"Judge Curiel, who is a U.S.-born citizen, is a well respected member of the legal community. His reputation is held in high esteem by attorneys who have encountered him both as a federal prosecutor and as a state or federal judge. He is an exemplar of public service who risked his life in prosecuting members of the Arellano-Felix drug cartel. A task he courageously and successfully undertook took to protect all Americans–his own Mexican heritage notwithstanding.

The notion that Judge Curiel’s Mexican heritage precludes him from being impartial as he presides over the Trump University lawsuits is completely at odds with the views of legal experts across the nation and untethered from reality. African–American judges have presided over civil rights cases; female judges have presided over gender discrimination matters; both have done so impartially. One need only look to Justice Clarence Thomas of the U.S. Supreme Court who has repeatedly ruled to strike down laws enacted to protect the rights of African-Americans, despite his own ethnic background.
    "

Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post
    So we have moved from the professional organization doing the defending to "amongst their roster of lawyers" doing the defending and this somehow infected Curiel so that he became biased through osmosis. Total and utter bullshit. And I note Trump's claims of bias were based on his actual heritage.
    Consider yourself in Trump's position. A Mexican judge, who is a member of a Hispanic-focused legal firm, is presiding over a case in which the accused is actively working to impede illegal immigrants from Mexico. You are that accused.

Why wouldn't Trump bring attention to this? Because it's not "politically correct?" Direct the space shuttle back to planet Earth please.

10+ Year Old Account
    Consider yourself in Trump's position. A Mexican judge

Why wouldn't Trump bring attention to this? Because it's not "politically correct?" Direct the space shuttle back to planet Earth please.
    An American Judge.

Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post
    Well if the organization has a bias on this issue and the judge is a part of it, I think it's not a stretch that the judge himself may harbor the same bias.

Looking at the organization's "goals", here's a short list:

• Increase the overall number of Latinos in the legal profession.

• Encourage and support Latino and Latina judicial candidates to apply to the bench

• Advocate for the promotion and retention of Latino and Latina attorneys and judicial officers.

Now if we replaced all of those "Latino" and "Latina" words with the word "white", I think it's pretty obvious you'd be saying the organization is racist lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Consider yourself in Trump's position. A Mexican judge, who is a member of a Hispanic-focused legal firm, is presiding over a case in which the accused is actively working to impede illegal immigrants from Mexico. You are that accused.

That would require one be a racist. Most (non racist) people would view it as A Judge is presiding over a case in which trump is accused of trying to impede illegala immigrants from Mexico (or in trumps case anywhere?). You are that accussed.

- - - Updated - - -

An American Judge.
    An ESTEEMED American Judge

7+ Year Old Account

You're talking in circles now. Trump supposedly doesn't have any problems with legal immigrants, so he should have no reason to fear the judge.

You're actually saying that all Hispanics are illegals.

You are actually suggesting that minorities are unfit to judge the White Man. That's disgusting, bigoted, yet somehow hilarious.

Sorry, you have nothing.

An American Judge.
    An American judge with Mexican heritage, Mexican parents and a membership to a legal firm that focuses extensively on the rights of the "Hispanic community." Community being a convenient replacement for "citizens."

Give me a break. Trump's completely right to question this judge.

10+ Year Old Account
    This coming from a group who thinks "illegal immigrants" automatically translates to "all Mexicans." When it comes to backing claims, anti-Trump folks don't have a lot of ammo in the magazine.
    Not all, some are good people...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    An ESTEEMED American Judge
    Yes, indeed...
    And likely longer an esteemed American as our hachisomething a simple(ton) American.
    That man is 63 years old.

10+ Year Old Account
    An American judge with Mexican heritage, Mexican parents and a membership to a legal firm that focuses extensively on the rights of the "Hispanic community." Community being a convenient replacement for "citizens."

He has no claim to suspect the impartiality of the judge beyond his ethnic heritage. It is ENTIRELY racist. If the judge were black and he did the same thing it would be RACIST. If trump had some objection to his RECORD that might be one thing but his claim is based solely on his race...
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2016-06-24 at 09:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

Has Trump said anything bad about Mexicans? If not, why exactly would this judge be against Trump?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account

Do you even have any own words handy, other than using Trump's idiot language?
    I mean, who knows, maybe you're one of his shills, with your 34 forum posts, and your deliberate hand waiving, it would make sense.
    And since in the times of social media landscape, large forums are not that unimportant either, who knows...... lol

7+ Year Old Account

Well first the judge is an American born in Indiana. In fact a far better american than Trump as he took on Mexican drug cartels as a prosecutor and had to go into hiding for over a year after a contract was put out on him for his work. The judge is not a member of a legal firm at all. He is a federal judge. They don't belong to legal firms while judges. Is there a reason you are making this shit up?

I have pointed out to you, which you are avoiding, for you to claim bias you will need to show a wrong ruling of the judge. So go ahead and tell me which ruling the judge made that was incorrect? While you work on that tell me why Trump's lawyers have not raised a case of bias as they are required to as officers of the court if they believe it is occurring?
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Has Trump said anything bad about Mexicans? If not, why exactly would this judge be against Trump?
    what? he loves Hispanics, he eats their food!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    You're talking in circles now. Trump supposedly doesn't have any problems with legal immigrants, so he should have no reason to fear the judge.

You're actually saying that all Hispanics are illegals.

You are actually suggesting that minorities are unfit to judge the White Man. That's disgusting, bigoted, yet somehow hilarious.

Sorry, you have nothing.

Indeed. Well said. Trump has no criticism of his judicial or legal record, his criticism is based solely on the judges race.