Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fargus View Post
    You have given us one link so far that doesn't even support your extremely zealous stance. Animals Australia would be embarrassed if they had you as a spokesperson.
    You won't even acknowledge the link I gave proved these heinous things happen in Australia which was one of your first claims. If you don't acknowledge that (you didn't even read the links found on the link I provided) then why would I show you evidence for anything else, when you'll just not read it and pretend it doesn't show anything?

Then I've tried to get through your significantly thick skull that there are things you don't know about factory farming THE WORLD OVER that are as bad or worse than a sledgehammer, like veal calves or grounding baby chicks, but you won't even acknowledge the questions I'm asking of you to get to that point. And yes, these types of things happen in every factory farm everywhere there are factory farms. But again, its YOU that won't acknowledge, do the research or anything a normal rational, intelligent and emotionally secure person would do in this situation.

You're THAT guy that thinks he knows what he;s talking about, speaks on any topic as if he's an expert and won't admit when he's wrong. Gratz.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    ..and what replies do you have for the vegetarians and vegans? That they are self absorbed preaching hippies and that justifies the shitty treatment of animals?
    My reply to vegans is that they are not vegan. They still use animal products every day in one way or another: Being it communicating on the internet, wearing shoes or actualy having a house to live in, using public services- everything in your dayli life has animal products.

So if they use animal products everyday, and come tell me that I'm "cruel" because I eat what we've eaten since the dawn of time - they are idiots.

Or please - offer me a great explanation as to why it's ok to use some animal parts (usualys from the same animals that we eat) and not others.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    You won't even acknowledge the link I gave proved these heinous things happen in Australia which was one of your first claims. If you don't acknowledge that (you didn't even read the links found on the link I provided) then why would I show you evidence for anything else, when you'll just not read it and pretend it doesn't show anything?

Then I've tried to get through your significantly thick skull that there are things you don't know about factory farming THE WORLD OVER that are as bad or worse than a sledgehammer, like veal calves or grounding baby chicks, but you won't even acknowledge the questions I'm asking of you to get to that point. And yes, these types of things happen in every factory farm everywhere there are factory farms. But again, its YOU that won't acknowledge, do the research or anything a normal rational, intelligent and emotionally secure person would do in this situation.

You're THAT guy that thinks he knows what he;s talking about, speaks on any topic as if he's an expert and won't admit when he's wrong. Gratz.
    No shit heinous things happen. That doesn't mean it's like that in every single slaughterhouse, especially in countries with stronger animal cruelty laws. Ever been to a slaughterhouse in Denmark? All of them? No? Then how can you say with 100% certainty that it's so horrible and sadistic in all slaughterhouses in Denmark?

You seem to be confused here. I don't bother with those arguments because that's not the argument I am picking a bone with nor disagreeing with. I am disagreeing with two blanket statements you made: 1) It's this bad everywhere and 2) meat eaters are part of the problem. But if you're going to add grinding chicks into this discussion, I have already linked a pdf earlier from a vet association detailing the different kinds of ways we slaughter animals. One of them is maceration. It is one of the most humane methods, it even deals with the pros and cons of the method.

Or shall I have to rely on your word instead of veterinarians who are actually qualified to know what constitutes a humane kill?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    why waste time and energy on "food" when humans are still suffering around the world
    Food is pretty important to human welfare. And there's nothing stopping people from giving a fuck about more than one topic at any given time.

But if you really want to use the "not as bad as" fallacy, then don't complain when someone abuses you at school or in the workplace, because people are suffering in warzones, famine, etc.

No shit heinous things happen. That doesn't mean it's like that in every single slaughterhouse, especially in countries with stronger animal cruelty laws. Ever been to a slaughterhouse in Denmark? All of them? No? Then how can you say with 100% certainty that it's so horrible and sadistic in all slaughterhouses in Denmark?

You seem to be confused here. I don't bother with those arguments because that's not the argument I am picking a bone with nor disagreeing with. I am disagreeing with two blanket statements you made: 1) It's this bad everywhere and 2) meat eaters are part of the problem. But if you're going to add grinding chicks into this discussion, I have already linked a pdf earlier from a vet association detailing the different kinds of ways we slaughter animals. One of them is maceration. It is one of the most humane methods, it even deals with the pros and cons of the method.

Or shall I have to rely on your word instead of veterinarians who are actually qualified to know what constitutes a humane kill?
    Pay fucking attention.

If a person eats meat and/or dairy or buys products with those ingredients (and numerous others or wears leather/wool/etc.) they ARE CONTRIBUTING TO THE INHUMANE TREATMENT OF ANIMALS, because those things come from FACTORY FARMS. All factory farms are heinous and inhumane. ALL.

So yes slapdick, if you eat meat and dairy you're contributing to this kind of inhumanity. The onus is one you to illustrate you don't, which won't happen because as I've pointed out numerous times you've never even done the research to know what to even look out for.

Now you can pretend your ass never eats a product that contains mass produced (ie factory farmed) meat and/or dairy, but you're a goddamned liar and we both know it. I know, I know, you swear you only eat locally sourced dairy, eggs and meat. Spare me, I've heard that bullshit a thousand times and then we find out you're eating Cheetohs and Jell-O and other mass produced products with eggs or dairy that you didn't even think to look at the ingredients list.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Pay fucking attention.

If a person eats meat and/or dairy or buys products with those ingredients (and numerous others or wears leather/wool/etc.) they ARE CONTRIBUTING TO THE INHUMANE TREATMENT OF ANIMALS, because those things come from FACTORY FARMS. All factory farms are heinous and inhumane. ALL.
    My agenda is simple, if you think the sledgehammer is inhumane (it is) but still eat meat and dairy, then you are part of the problem because ALL factory farmed meat and dairy is inhumane.
    Maybe you should pay more attention to your arguments, instead of yelling in caps.

So yes slapdick, if you eat meat and dairy you're contributing to this kind of inhumanity.
    Yet you say:
    Next, yes it is technically possible for people to eat meat and dairy and not contribute to factory farming.
    You keep on contradicting your own argument. That is why I don't take it seriously or find it credible.

The onus is one you to illustrate you don't, which won't happen because as I've pointed out numerous times you've never even done the research to know what to even look out for.
    I don't have to prove anything, as I am not making any claims about my dietary habits. You need to prove that all meat eaters are contributing to inhumanity.

Now you can pretend your ass never eats a product that contains mass produced (ie factory farmed) meat and/or dairy, but you're a goddamned liar and we both know it. I know, I know, you swear you only eat locally sourced dairy, eggs and meat. Spare me, I've heard that bullshit a thousand times and then we find out you're eating Cheetohs and Jell-O and other mass produced products with eggs or dairy that you didn't even think to look at the ingredients list.
    So this has suddenly gone from those two arguments I specifically pointed out that I do not agree with, to my dietary habits (which you actually know nothing about)? You sure like to change the subject when things aren't going your way.

You cannot really talk either - your day to day life involves animal byproducts, including the computer you are using right now. You're a big hypocrite. In more ways than one:
    but you're a goddamned liar
    Next, yes it is technically possible for people to eat meat and dairy and not contribute to factory farming. It doesn't happen however.
    *No they wouldn't. I challenge you to do the research.
    *In regards to slaughterhouses being shut down for breaking the law

Looking forward to your next instalment of "YOU HAVEN'T DONE THE REEESEARCH BUT I HAAAVE", despite the ironic fact that's it's impossible to research some of the things we're talking about here (like making absolute claims that all slaughterhouses are as bad as we see in the video, or the dietary habits of complete strangers you've never met before).
    Last edited by Fargus; 2016-06-19 at 12:19 PM.

Maybe you should pay more attention to your arguments, instead of yelling in caps.

Yet you say:

You keep on contradicting your own argument. That is why I don't take it seriously or find it credible.

I don't have to prove anything, as I am not making any claims about my dietary habits. You need to prove that all meat eaters are contributing to inhumanity.

So this has suddenly gone from those two arguments I pointed out that were in error, to my dietary habits (which you actually know nothing about)? You sure like to change the subject when things aren't going your way.

You cannot really talk either - your day to day life involves animal byproducts, including the computer you are using right now. You're a big hypocrite.
    What the fuck is wrong with you? Seriously.

I'm not contradicting anything and I'm not changing the subject. For fuck's sake man.

The first part of my last post and the quote with the bold are the saying the same thing and you act like they contradict. Is English not your man language?

Yes it is technically possible, just as its technically possible for a person to sleep with a new person every day of their life from sexual maturity till death, but that doesn't mean its ever happened. This is not fucking rocket science man. So yes its technically possible for a person to to eat meat and not partake in anything from a factory farm, but no one is actually doing it. Nor are you.

I have proven my point.

Yes I can talk btw. Macs don't have animal products. Jobs was an animal rights activist.

What the fuck is wrong with you? Seriously.

I'm not contradicting anything and I'm not changing the subject. For fuck's sake man.
    There's nothing wrong with me at all, you seem a little hot under the collar because you can't handle someone not agreeing with you. I pointed out two contradictory posts from you, and instead of sticking to the two arguments I highlighted, you decided to attack my dietary habits.

The first part of my last post and the quote with the bold are the saying the same thing and you act like they contradict. Is English not your man language?
    No, you said people who eat meat and dairy are part of the problem, then you admit that people can have those without contributing to factory farming. So which one is it?

Yes it is technically possible, just as its technically possible for a person to sleep with a new person every day of their life from sexual maturity till death, but that doesn't mean its ever happened. This is not fucking rocket science man. So yes its technically possible for a person to to eat meat and not partake in anything from a factory farm, but no one is actually doing it. Nor are you.
    There are plenty of people out there who hunt, or raise their own animals and slaughter them, or buy local produce from organic farms without buying factory farmed meat. You're blatantly lying.

I have proven my point.
    You've proven that you're venomous person who has a short temper with a tendency to generalise.

Yes I can talk btw. Macs don't have animal products. Jobs was an animal rights activist.
    No you can't.

Drywall, sugar, road paving, car tyres, sporting equipment, etc all contain animal byproducts. I hope you don't have diabetes either, where do you think they get insulin from? Companies such as Apple rely on oil and gas to create the very computers you use, so you can't really say Macs don't.

So don't try to guilt-trip people about using animal byproducts, because you do as well.

There's nothing wrong with me at all, you seem a little hot under the collar because you can't handle someone not agreeing with you. I pointed out two contradictory posts from you, and instead of sticking to the two arguments I highlighted, you decided to attack my dietary habits.

No, you said people who eat meat and dairy are part of the problem, then you admit that people can have those without contributing to factory farming. So which one is it?

There are plenty of people out there who hunt, or raise their own animals and slaughter them, or buy local produce from organic farms without buying factory farmed meat. You're blatantly lying.

You've proven that you're venomous person who has a short temper with a tendency to generalise.

No you can't.

Drywall, sugar, road paving, car tyres, sporting equipment, etc all contain animal byproducts. I hope you don't have diabetes either, where do you think they get insulin from? Companies such as Apple rely on oil and gas to create the very computers you use, so you can't really say Macs don't.

So don't try to guilt-trip people about using animal byproducts, because you do as well.
    There is nothing contradictory between this:
    My agenda is simple, if you think the sledgehammer is inhumane (it is) but still eat meat and dairy, then you are part of the problem because ALL factory farmed meat and dairy is inhumane.
    And this:
    They are saying the EXACT same thing. You're being stupid now.

Yes and as I have said a 1000 times, even if they hunt and fish, they are still buying prepackaged food or buying food out that and those things are in fact, factory farmed. You're literally being as disingenuous as possible because you can't admit when you're wrong.

No I've proven my point and proven you have you'll stoop to anything to avoid admitting you were wrong.

Oil and gas are not products of factory farming. Not ALL versions of things you're talking about are either. Again, you'd know any of this, if you once again, did any research. Which you haven't.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I cannot wrap my mind around the use of "killing" and "humanely" in the same sentence referring to each other. Not to mention the application of "humanely" to non-humans.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

There is nothing contradictory between this:

They are saying the EXACT same thing. You're being stupid now.
    Those two statements are made as absolute ones, yet you concede people can still eat meat without contributing to factory farms. That is the contradiction. Ergo, not all people who eat meat and dairy are contributing to inhumane treatment of animals. And that is why you are wrong.

Yes and as I have said a 1000 times, even if they hunt and fish, they are still buying prepackaged food or buying food out that and those things are in fact, factory farmed. You're literally being as disingenuous as possible because you can't admit when you're wrong.
    Don't assume to know what people do or do not do. For example, I mentioned my grandfather. He raised and slaughtered his own food, he didn't have to go to the supermarket to buy factory farmed meat. Saying there is literally no one who does this is just an assumption, not a fact. Plenty of people opt to buy produce from organic/local farms. There are many parts of the world where hunting is essential for survival, where people have no access to factory farmed meat.

If you are denying this, then you're not credible, you only seem interested in pushing an agenda and making inflammatory remarks.

Oil and gas are not products of factory farming. Not ALL versions of things you're talking about are either. Again, you'd know any of this, if you once again, did any research. Which you haven't.
    You said your Mac doesn't have animal products in it. How do you think plastics are made?

All those other things I've mentioned, have animal byproducts in it. You cannot get "animal friendly tyres" or road pavement. Where the hell do you think these byproducts come from? Mostly from factory farm animals. I can name many other things that contain animal byproducts or are a result of killing animals that you take advantage of. So you are not so clean as you claim to be. That makes you a hypocrite.

Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    nice way to ignore logic but that's stuff happening to humans

if you killed a human "humanely" its still murder buddy
    if you kill food its just food its not important
    I'm not ignoring logic. You're dismissing an issue because there are more important problems in the world, regardless of their relevancy to the topic. If we use this way of thinking, no one should care if you are bullied at the workplace because there are more important human rights abuses. It's a logical fallacy. Hell, I can justify all kinds of things... like kicking my dog because dogs get skinned alive in parts of China, etc etc. It's absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    I cannot wrap my mind around the use of "killing" and "humanely" in the same sentence referring to each other. Not to mention the application of "humanely" to non-humans.
    Wrap your mind around the English language first.
    Last edited by Fargus; 2016-06-19 at 04:47 PM.

Those two statements are made as absolute ones, yet you concede people can still eat meat without contributing to factory farms. That is the contradiction. Ergo, not all people who eat meat and dairy are contributing to inhumane treatment of animals. And that is why you are wrong.

Don't assume to know what people do or do not do. For example, I mentioned my grandfather. He raised and slaughtered his own food, he didn't have to go to the supermarket to buy factory farmed meat. Saying there is literally no one who does this is just an assumption, not a fact. Plenty of people opt to buy produce from organic/local farms. There are many parts of the world where hunting is essential for survival, where people have no access to factory farmed meat.

If you are denying this, then you're not credible, you only seem interested in pushing an agenda and making inflammatory remarks.

You said your Mac doesn't have animal products in it. How do you think plastics are made?

All those other things I've mentioned, have animal byproducts in it. You cannot get "animal friendly tyres" or road pavement. Where the hell do you think these byproducts come from? Mostly from factory farm animals. I can name many other things that contain animal byproducts or are a result of killing animals that you take advantage of. So you are not so clean as you claim to be. That makes you a hypocrite.
    Goddamn.

You don't pay attention. You just keep spouting off. Yes I said it was possible, but I also qualified that. Not sure why you don't understand it....scratch that, I understand perfectly why, you lack the fortitude to admit when you're wrong.

I don't give a shit what you say your grandfather does or doesn't do. He's eaten meat he hasn't killed. He's ingested dairy he hasn't taken himself. And he probably had no problem with any of it. Again, pay attention here....if you eat food from a store, restaurant, etc. and it isn't vegan, then it has factory farmed meat, dairy and /or eggs in it. This in't rocket science so please don't say again how your uncle 's sister's cousin's wife only eats steaks from cows he grows and slaughters himself, and the reason is one more fucking time...if they eat things from the store/restaurants/etc. and it isn't vegan, then it has factory farmed animal products. Read that as many times as it takes to get through your head. Get an adult to help you if you need it.

The rest of the things you're talking about are not guarantees. Not all tires. Not all plastics. And yes, Macs are vegan, because one more fucking time, Jobs was an animal rights activist and that was one the things he made sure of.

Quote Originally Posted by stross01 View Post
    Here in the US, most slaughterhouses use one of these.

You calmly walk up to the cow, quick zoop this thing right between its eyes on the top of the head, pull the trigger, and blam, it is unconscious forever. It is then hoisted into the air (very carefully, making sure not to slam it into anything so it bruises) by its back legs, tied together, sometimes around the hooves, sometimes through the leg tendons and whatnot, then its jugular is cut, allowing it to bleed out.

You can repeat the above for pigs.

As for chickens, there are shock/stun baths, usually. It's an electrified pool of water that intends to shock the bird unconscious, then it moves into a pool of very hot water, a scald bath, to loosen the feathers.

However, this method is not particularly good. Sometimes the bird is not stunned into unconsciousness by the shock bath. Sometimes the bird is shocked previous to the bath through conductive means, resulting in seizures pre-bath. Sometimes the bird is moved into the scald bath while still alive.

When the animal becomes stressed from struggling or harm (physical or mental), it begins to build up lactic acid in its muscles. This turns the taste from standard to awful. An animal with high lactic acid is not edible in extreme cases. An animal that has been bruised does not have a usable hide.

*holds phone vertically and starts recording*

"hey you are not allowed to record like that!"

Even poor Vietnamese slaughterhouse workers know to record horizontally!

Also, super misleading title, this is in Vietnam.

They kill cattle with a quick pierce to their brain in the slaughterhouses in America...This...is just fucked up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    I've never understood what the big deal of this is. These animals only exist to be turned into food. I'm only concerned with sanitation. Otherwise, who gives a damn? It's a fucking cow.
    I don't agree with it because it's basically torture. If you were in the same position would you want to be tortured first or killed immediately? I would rather the quick death. Of course I expect your response to be but I'll never be in that situation. The right way to kill an animal is how the states does it with a quick pierce through the skull so it's quick and the animal doesn't suffer before dying.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Whats humanely?
    ^This

{10char}

Deleted
    Studies have shown that meat tastes better when the "former owner" didn't suffer on their death.

Soo ... nope, I cannot approve of this method. Also, it is kinda brutal and stuff. Not cool.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvator View Post
    Studies have shown that meat tastes better when the "former owner" didn't suffer on their death.
    Should've used quotation marks around "studies" too.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Vietnam, move along.

As someone who has been raising cattle, sheep, pigs, and chickens on a hobby farm scale for meat over the last 20 years, the only way I ever kill hoofed animals is with a .22 rifle shot to the brain. It's instant, painless, as it should be.
    This is the way I have done it my whole life. I'm not trying to open up Pandora's box here... but I don't think even a small gun like a .22 is very easy to get your hands on in Vietnam. So I suppose they go to the next readily available "weapon" they have laying around at home. I really doubt this is just a way for a few people to get their jollies off by torturing animals. It isn't nearly as humane as a quick shot to the head, but without a gun, how would you suggest they go about killing the cow?

7+ Year Old Account
    I've killed cows and chickens, a few of each. With chickens we broke their necks. With cows we either slit their throat or we shot them in the head. Never really gave much thought to it.

Edit : regardless of kill method, still bled them out.

Side note : Fresh chicken or beef, soooo much better than what you buy in the store.
    Last edited by callipygoustp; 2016-06-19 at 08:17 PM.