Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PvPHeroLulz View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_in_India

Yes, there was a protest in Dehli about a Woman being raped with a Iron Pipe, so badly, that her intesties had to be removed before she died 2 weeks later.

I mean, it took me 2 seconds to bloody google the thing, and you are seriously sporting "Oh, i didn't know of it, then it doesn't excist"

Just, you know, look up some stuff, before you spout agendas
    ? This post doesn't make any sense in response to mine
    Do you know what normalization is? It is not normalized with the outrage that happens in those countries with rape, people would not bat an eye if it was normalized

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hana Song View Post
    ? This post doesn't make any sense in response to mine
    Do you know what normalization is? It is not normalized with the outrage that happens in those countries with rape, people would not bat an eye if it was normalized
    Again, have you seen the report rates? And the fact that such things happen to begin with?

And that it says, in the first sentance, that it's the 4th most common crime against Women?

If it's clearly happening, and some people get upset, but the Culture clearly is just shrugging their shoulders at it, or not solving it, then it's normalized

It's prevelant, it happens a lot, and it's not being fixed ; I.e, normalized.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoNineMarine View Post
    Rape certainly is a bad thing.

But I've yet to sleep with a woman who doesn't want to be tossed around and treated as though they are being raped.

I'd be willing to bet that the biggest feminazis screaming about this are the ones who like to get treated the worst while in bed.

It's rather amusing.
    I've been wondering lately if the extreme feminists who see patriarchy and rape everywhere they go are compensating for a desire to be subdued and submissive. When someone is "eye raping" them, they notice sexual excitement but need to cover it up in some way so they project onto others. Essentially they have an inner conflict between biosexual desires and political ideas of enlightenment and equality.

Rape/force play, submission, etc... are somewhat common female fantasies. I honestly sympathize and think it must be difficult to grow up and not know how to separate the two and to feel like a hypocrite all the time.

Again, have you seen the report rates? And the fact that such things happen to begin with?

And that it says, in the first sentance, that it's the 4th most common crime against Women?

If it's clearly happening, and some people get upset, but the Culture clearly is just shrugging their shoulders at it, or not solving it, then it's normalized

It's prevelant, it happens a lot, and it's not being fixed ; I.e, normalized.
    No, normalization is a concept in sociology and it is not normalized by what that means

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    "Rape Culture is an environment in which rape is prevalent and in which sexual violence against women is normalized and excused in the media and popular culture."

"In feminist theory, rape culture is a setting in which rape is pervasive and normalized due to societal attitudes about gender and sexuality. The sociology of rape culture is studied academically by feminists. There is disagreement over what defines a rape culture and as to whether any given societies meet the criteria to be considered a rape culture."

There is a whole wiki page on this subject: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_culture
    Rape culture is a myth, no one actually believes rape is ok. You could more accurately describe 'rape culture' as the widely accepted use of the word 'rape' by this generation as a form of dominant speech against their rivals and enemies. In that context, the word 'rape' is more like the word 'fuck' and it carries with it a whole different connotation than when the word is used to describe a violent sex act actually taking place.

Basically, 'rape' is the 'your mom' retort of this generation.

Deleted
    No, normalization is a concept in sociology and it is not normalized
    If a majority does not give a blatant f'ck, and the culture on a level of a whole, does not care enough to fix it - It's normalized.

What do you not grasp, of this?

If a majority does not give a blatant f'ck, and the culture on a level of a whole, does not care enough to fix it - It's normalized.

What do you not grasp, of this?
    You can't fix criminals being criminals, criminals will be criminals regardless

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    Rape culture is a myth, no one actually believes rape is ok. You could more accurately describe 'rape culture' as the widely accepted use of the word 'rape' by this generation as a form of dominant speech against their rivals and enemies. In that context, the word 'rape' is more like the word 'fuck' and it carries with it a whole different connotation than when the word is used to describe a violent sex act actually taking place.

Basically, 'rape' is the 'your mom' retort of this generation.

If you mean 'your mom' as a way to incite a moral painic, then Rape has filled this role for more generations than ours.

Deleted
    You can't fix criminals being criminals, criminals will be criminals regardless
    What does this statement have to do with anything?

If you have a Huge ass amount of criminals, you can't say "Oh, but you know, Criminals, man." - if there is large amount of it, it indicates that it's Normalized, it is a larger representation of that society - It's literally, part, of that Culture.

What does this statement have to do with anything?
    ? It has everything to do with it, without criminals there would be no rapes but how do you fix criminals? You can't fix that, you can't say the culture is responsible for it when it is the criminals who are responsible and they are not a large part of the population
    How do you suggest they fix it?
    Do we live in an assault or battery culture because assault is common? It is more common than rape

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonvalor View Post
    But that sounds like bullshit also why only sexual violence against women? Fair enough a few backwards countries are indeed like this but Western Europe isn't
    It is bullshit... so is white privilege.

Gender nonconformity.

TL;DR: Social justice warrior buzzword of the week

that is not an accurate depiction of reality, nor is it a coherent argument to spout.

It's a form of Sensational propaganda, at best
    Despite what you were aiming to do you kinda described rape culture.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

@PvPHeroLulz You do realize that by stating that rape in other 3rd world shit holes you are saying that we in the first world are guilty of that?
    Do you not see how bat shit crazy you are?

BTW agreeing with feminist will not get you laid.

Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    Rape culture is a myth
    Awesome then! [Another I]case solved[/I] by MMO-Champion forum users. I will alert Wikipedia and all sectors of study.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by omfgreally View Post
    @PvPHeroLulz You do realize that by stating that rape in other 3rd world shit holes you are saying that we in the first world are guilty of that?
    Do you not see how bat shit crazy you are?
    That's not his point at all, lol. The point is, which also a few posters above stated, but everyone seems to have ignored it - is that everything that happens within a culture, every deviation from the norm, is still a part of that culture. There is a reason, for example, that crime rates are incredibly low in Japan, but incredibly high in Honduras - it is not just some random difference, it is caused by the difference in multiple factors, all of which contribute to the culture.

So yes, rape is a part of Western culture, and it is a part of any culture. Now, how big this part is compared to the rest of the culture depends on the culture. If it was just one-two random events throughout the history, then you could say that these are just random events. When you, however, have over a hundred thousand rape cases within a year, it is clear that it is not random and is connected to the culture. In some sense, rape is normalized in this culture, since it happens regularly. Doesn't mean it is not considered a horrible crime, and doesn't mean a high percentage of people is affected by it - but it does mean that rape cases are a norm in this society.

Same with murder, thievery, corruption, property crimes, trespassing, etc. All these things exist and happen regularly. They are all normalized in this culture. And they are even justified by some. For example, thievery is sometimes justified in the spirit of Robin Hood, "The rich deserved it!". Murder can be in some cases justified by, "That guy was a jerk anyway. Glad we are rid of him". Corruption can be justified by, "All governments are corrupt, ours is no different, so it is all okay". Same way, rape is also sometimes justified by people: "She was wearing a sexy skirt, what did she expect?", "He got himself in prison, now he shouldn't complain about being abused by rapists". All these things exist, it is not exactly rocket science, and you don't need "feminist theory" to recognize them.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_in_India

Yes, there was a protest in Dehli about a Woman being raped with a Iron Pipe, so badly, that her intesties had to be removed before she died 2 weeks later.

And have you seen the Report rates?

It all points to that it's noramlized, they freaking commit this level of things to begin with.

I mean, it took me 2 seconds to bloody google the thing, and you are seriously sporting "Oh, i didn't know of it, then it doesn't excist"

Just, you know, look up some stuff, before you spout agendas
    Doesn't that just prove there isn't a culture of rape? Clearly they were not encouraging more rape by protesting.

Awesome then! [Another I]case solved[/I] by MMO-Champion forum users. I will alert Wikipedia and all sectors of study.
    That's not it. Others here have pointed out the hyper focused nature of 3rd wave feminism on things that aren't really a problem. This is one of those things. You don't get to claim there's a rape culture that diminishes the impact of violence against women without first acknowledging that you're speaking a fuckton of hyperbole in broad strokes.

I'm sure there are cases of women being ignored in their claims of rape. Maybe because there's more to a story than just what one person says? Maybe because people (not just men) tend to lie when it benefits them? As soon as you write a wiki article on the false claims of victims and how SJW and 3rd wave feminists are professional victims, we can talk about your rape culture in an honest way. Until then, it's not even theory, it's just a baseless claim meant to grab attention from people like me on forums like this.

Well, now you have my attention.

I wouldn't say we live in a rape culture, rather than we are living in a culture where bad shit happens sometimes.

It's a denial of basic human biology. Basically 'rape culture' insinuates all male behavior is rooted in aggressive sexuality, whereas all women are victims of this behavior.

- - - Updated - - -

Shouldn't the burden of proof fall on the person claiming rape culture exists?

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonvalor View Post
    I hear this spouted a lot online but still don't really know what it is
    If you live in a 3rd world country it's the way rape is just considered a normal everyday "to be expected" thing.

If you live in a 1st world country then it's a phrase used by feminists in relation to their illusion that the above exists in their country too.

I.E a lot of feminists accused Game of Thrones of promoting rape culture (because it's set in a mostly lawless land similar to the third world) even though nobody is going to watch it and copy what they see (ironically they didn't care about female on male rape in GoT).