Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Your statistics only count the ones where there is enough evidence to press charges against the woman. There are far more false accusions overall. You dont need to link feminist propaganda.
    Do you have any facts or data to back up your claims, like I do, or do you just have a really strong feeling?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollowlithic View Post
    Rape culture is basically what the obese feminist say because they secretly want the dick because they know that no sane man would ever go near their beefcake.
    Not entirely true, it is also said by men who have been rejected by mainstream society and think that latching onto modern feminism will get them laid. However even the extremist feminists have some standards, so they get "friendzoned".

It is a vicious circle, nobody wants to fuck the feminists apart from the men who the feminists do not want to fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Another feminist invention, like the 75 cents to 100 cents myth.
    it's not a myth... just a gross misinterpretation of facts. like disregarding factors that would greatly alter the outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Huulo View Post
    Do you have any facts or data to back up your claims, like I do, or do you just have a really strong feeling?
    You only provided two dubious links

A rich guy using his wealth, power and status to keep it secret
    A judge and father deemed stupid by everybody

Not that we should need more examples at this point, but here is a case of the rapist of a 14-year old being sentenced to 45 days because of evidence that the victim had sex before. Note: this is not a statutory rape case, she did not consent in any form.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5251116.html

Quote Originally Posted by dragonvalor View Post
    I don't really know who that is but if it's true I would argue it's a rare mindset. Naturally rapists will defend rape but I don't really see it as a common practice among Europeans
    Depends on if the rapist is a "refugee" or some other minority, then they'll likely be given a pass. Particularly in Sweden
    Working on my next ban.

Um I don't know what you think happened in the Brock Turner case, but he was let off with a six month sentence. This wasn't just "friends and family," it was the judge. Cases like this happen often, this one just happened to go viral and make the public angry, which is not usually the case.

Here's another case:

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/201...ell-in-prison/

And before you dismiss this as "monied interest," there is clearly more than that at play here. This doesn't happen with murders and I've already proven that it was about public opinion, not money, in the Cosby and Allen cases.

Since legal cases aren't enough to convince you, how about media:

1. In the movie "Revenge of the Nerds," a woman was raped by a man pretending to be her boyfriend. This was treated was romantic.

2. In the original "Superman" a group of soldiers come across an unconscious woman and talk about how they are going to molest her, before the camera cuts away to imply that's exactly what they are doing. This is played as comedy/camp.

3. Rape in James Bond films has been treated as romantic.

4. More often than not, a man being raped by women or men is treated as comedy in tv and movies.
    We're talking about the 21st century NOT 20th century though - everybody knows women were treated terrible then

- - - Updated - - -

Not that we should need more examples at this point, but here is a case of the rapist of a 14-year old being sentenced to 45 days because of evidence that the victim had sex before. Note: this is not a statutory rape case, she did not consent in any form.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5251116.html
    That's because people under 18 can't be sentenced as adults, I doubt anybody said what he did was ok evident by the sentence

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a term "feminists", and I use that term very loosely, hide behind when people remind them that actions have consequences and when you do something stupid, something stupid may very well happen.

it's like watching a teen exasperate something and having someone put words in your mouth, twisting and contorting what you say. Because you realize getting shitfaced out at a bar by yourself could lead to getting robbed and that is why you don't do it and believe a victim should make better decisions, you are apparently enabling rape or tolerating it.

This is what these "feminists" think.

I think rape is disgusting. I couldn't imagine trying to have sex with someone who is unconscious or resisting and vocally or physically expressed they do not want to have sex and that all rapists should be punished.

For example, in the case of Brock Turner... He sexually assaulted an unconscious woman. She was unconscious because she had too much to drink. And as painful as it is to hear what she had to go through just to prove she was actually raped, she put herself in that situation by making a bad decision. And one of the reasons why she is so upset about it, is that she can't prove anything because she was unconscious.

It's very sad, but it's important to conduct yourself responsibly.

I hope Brock really gets what he deserves; he's as guilty as a dog in a living room with a ripped up cushion. But she was reckless and someone took advantage of her, that's the fact of the matter. It's not to say that what happened was her fault at all. A rape occurs because of a rapist the same way a shooting occurs because of a shooter.

But sometimes you're a target just for being who you are. Just like all of the young men and women who were involved in the pulse nightclub massacre that were, presumably, mostly homosexual. We like to think that we are not animals, but there are still plenty of predators out there.

For saying this, I would be taken down rape education lane by feminazis to be repurposed from my rape supporting ideology just because I have an opinion on the matter that doesn't line up with theirs.

I hope this helped.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    "Rape Culture is an environment in which rape is prevalent and in which sexual violence against women is normalized and excused in the media and popular culture."

"In feminist theory, rape culture is a setting in which rape is pervasive and normalized due to societal attitudes about gender and sexuality. The sociology of rape culture is studied academically by feminists. There is disagreement over what defines a rape culture and as to whether any given societies meet the criteria to be considered a rape culture."

There is a whole wiki page on this subject: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_culture
    I hate to be that guy, but why does the formal definition exclude men as victims of 'rape culture'? I get that women are more likely to be victims of rape, but rape isn't solely a feminism issue.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonvalor View Post
    You only provided two dubious links

A rich guy using his wealth, power and status to keep it secret
    A judge and father deemed stupid by everybody
    Who is "everybody"? As I've already pointed out, Cosby didn't keep it a secret. It was already known for years, people just didn't care. To be fair, you might not have read them all, but I cited 9 examples. So far no one denying the existence of rape culture has cited any empirical evidence, just their feelings.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    "Rape Culture is an environment in which rape is prevalent and in which sexual violence against women is normalized and excused in the media and popular culture."
    As a man, I'm feeling sooo attacked right now!

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    A buzzword that has no basis in reality. If rape culture is a 'thing' then you can start calling any sort of illegal activity a 'culture'.
    Rape culture isn't about the legality of rape, it about an culture that sometimes minimizes the responsibility of the rapist and, to at least some degree, holds the victim responsible for the crime.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who is "everybody"? As I've already pointed out, Cosby didn't keep it a secret. It was already known for years, people just didn't care. To be fair, you might not have read them all, but I cited 9 examples. So far no one denying the existence of rape culture has cited any empirical evidence, just their feelings.
    A handful of examples is not evidence of a culture.

That's because people under 18 can't be sentenced as adults, I doubt anybody said what he did was ok evident by the sentence[/QUOTE]

The VICTIM was 14, not the rapist, who was over 18 at the time of the rape.

Um I don't know what you think happened in the Brock Turner case, but he was let off with a six month sentence. This wasn't just "friends and family," it was the judge. Cases like this happen often, this one just happened to go viral and make the public angry, which is not usually the case.

Here's another case:

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/201...ell-in-prison/

And before you dismiss this as "monied interest," there is clearly more than that at play here. This doesn't happen with murders and I've already proven that it was about public opinion, not money, in the Cosby and Allen cases.

Since legal cases aren't enough to convince you, how about media:

1. In the movie "Revenge of the Nerds," a woman was raped by a man pretending to be her boyfriend. This was treated was romantic.

2. In the original "Superman" a group of soldiers come across an unconscious woman and talk about how they are going to molest her, before the camera cuts away to imply that's exactly what they are doing. This is played as comedy/camp.

3. Rape in James Bond films has been treated as romantic.

4. More often than not, a man being raped by women or men is treated as comedy in tv and movies.
    So in order to find examples you had to go back 30 to 40 years...

Brock Turner is a registered sex offender now, his life is ruined regardless of where he is. The judge should have given him at least 4 years. The judge is also considered an expert on sexual offenses due to his time as a prosecutor that specialized in it. I think it will be appealed since the reason the judge gave was he disagreed with the verdict of the jury.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    A handful of examples is not evidence of a culture.
    I'm just curious, how much evidence do I need to provide?

I don't think anybody is saying certain individuals try to defend it, my issue is the majority dont. I find tagging culture to it is disingenuous at best because for me a culture implies a large number. I suspect less than 5% of Europeans deem rape acceptable (and that's a very VERY generous %)

something something modern feminists something hate men something.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    So in order to find examples you had to go back 30 to 40 years...

Brock Turner is a registered sex offender now, his life is ruined regardless of where he is. The judge should have given him at least 4 years. The judge is also considered an expert on sexual offenses due to his time as a prosecutor that specialized in it. I think it will be appealed since the reason the judge gave was he disagreed with the verdict of the jury.
    Um I wasn't aware that 38 years, which was the oldest example, was that long ago. Really? It wasn't exactly the 19th century, and media from that time still has a significant impact on culture.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Infinity, since no matter how many you can provide they can just refuse to let you connect the dots and continue to insist they're isolated cases that don't represent the norm.
    Well they are isolated and in most instances older than I am. It would be like going to germany and saying, "well, these guys have a nazi culture"