Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    Feminists actually believe that 1 in 3 (or at least 1 in 5) of all women have been raped

They just don't live in the real world
    Feminists should go spend some time in a middle eastern country, where women are still treated like objects and the property of men. Who have been taught to hide themselves away or accept whatever men want, otherwise they can have their throats slit, their genitals mutilated or whatever they so please to do to them.

First world "feminists" haven't the slightest clue, feeling the need to fight for "equality" on the dumbest shit because they're not feminists at all - they just use it as a platform to bitch about men. It bothers me that people constantly mock these people who talk about feminism and rape culture, or turn it around and speak as though it doesn't matter about the quality of men - plenty of people do care.It's not as though there aren't both men and women fighting to stop the kind of shit that's done to both genders. It just wouldn't be a fun hot topic to discuss if we spoke of all the good so many people do and turn it into a worthless circlejerk
    Last edited by La; 2016-06-17 at 04:08 PM.
    *Insert every single ridiculous PC parts detail here that no one cares about*

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe there is a rape culture, however I do not believe it is a nation wide thing. I believe it is just certain types of people who think that way, while there are others that are different.

I do not believe the U.S. in it's entirety is living in a Rape Culture nation.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Huulo View Post
    Fencers pretty much nailed it. For practical examples think of any time that rape or the threat of rape is treated as normal or not a serious matter, like the judge's ruling in the Brock Turner case, or when a sexual assault of a man or woman is played for laughs in a movie.

Interesting fact: men are far more likely to be raped than to be falsely accused of rape. This is an issue that affects both genders.
    The problem is that this happens with pretty much every single other type of crime as well. Making it ridiculous to identify rape in particular as a "culture" (in the way that is defined).

Quote Originally Posted by dragonvalor View Post
    But they don't represent the norm... if it did thousands every year wouldn't be sentenced. For every 1 example there's a 100 countering it
    That's exactly the problem, there are thousands of cases a year where rapists aren't sentenced because of rape culture. Women often don't come forward or when they do they aren't believed and nothing happens.

Rape in the military: http://www.militarytimes.com/story/m...orts/19883155/

Keep in mind that women and men are victims of rape in the military, the victims are often told not to come forward,, and when they do they face numerous challenges. I'm getting tired of researching examples since n on seems to care, but I will add that this isn't just a military problem. Rape is prevalent on college campuses as well, and victims are blamed by default.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    I believe it is just certain types of people who think that way, while there are others that are different.
    I do not believe the U.S. in it's entirety is living in a Rape Culture nation.
    Doesn't that mean that there is a culture for EVERY SINGLE THING basically?

One or two of my examples might be old, but every legal case I cited was less than 10 years old.

One or two of my examples might be old, but every legal case I cited was less than 10 years old.
    And what of the 100 other examples of people vilafying rape

10+ Year Old Account
    That's exactly the problem, there are thousands of cases a year where rapists aren't sentenced because of rape culture. Women often don't come forward or when they do they aren't believed and nothing happens.

Rape in the military: http://www.militarytimes.com/story/m...orts/19883155/

Keep in mind that women and men are victims of rape in the military, the victims are often told not to come forward,, and when they do they face numerous challenges. I'm getting tired of researching examples since n on seems to care, but I will add that this isn't just a military problem. Rape is prevalent on college campuses as well, and victims are blamed by default.
    And there are thousands of examples of rapists being sentenced, so we do not have a rape culture. Your argument is easy to flip.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    Feminists actually believe that 1 in 3 (or at least 1 in 5) of all women have been raped

They just don't live in the real world

It's like geocentrism or creationism: no matter how many times you point to the horizon or the fossils, the narrative > reality
    Do you have any evidence to refute the statistic, or just a really strong feeling? Hypothetical question: what if you discovered rape was actually far more prevalent in our society than you ever believed, would that change your mind about rape culture?

The day more people are walking free for rape than getting sentenced and people start deeming rape ok on mass will be the day I believe Europe has a rape culture

- - - Updated - - -

Do you have any evidence to refute the statistic, or just a really strong feeling? Hypothetical question: what if you discovered rape was actually far more prevalent in our society than you ever believed, would that change your mind about rape culture?
    If the statistics was 1 in 5 men deem rape ok then yeah

But that sounds like bullshit also why only sexual violence against women? Fair enough a few backwards countries are indeed like this but Western Europe isn't
    Isn't Sweden have the highest amount of Rape crime in the world?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_statistics

"This stands in contrast to reported rape rate of 1.2 per 100,000 in Japan, 1.8 per 100,000 in India, 4.6 rapes per 100,000 in Bahrain, 12.3 per 100,000 in Mexico, 24.1 per 100,000 in United Kingdom, 28.6 per 100,000 in United States, 66.5 per 100,000 in Sweden, and world's highest rate of 114.9 rapes per 100,000 in"

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    And there are thousands of examples of rapists being sentenced, so we do not have a rape culture. Your argument is easy to flip.
    If you actually bothered to read the hard evidence, you would see what happens to most people who try to come forward with rape charges, and you would understand why many do not. You would recognize the culture that makes this possible. The argument is only easy to "flip" is you suspend rational thought and ignore facts in favor of a know-nothing agenda.

In the study that supports 1 in 5 women were raped they considered someone asking you out that you didn't like as sexual harassment. Once it became sexual harassment it became rape.

Is 100 out of 100,000 considered a lot?

It's 3rd world shitholes.

The day more people are walking free for rape than getting sentenced and people start deeming rape ok on mass will be the day I believe Europe has a rape culture

- - - Updated - - -

If the statistics was 1 in 5 men deem rape ok then yeah
    Far fewer than 1 in 5 priests were child molesters. The problem was with the church hierarchy that protected them.

By the way, that world in which more rapists are walking free than sentenced for their crimes is likely not too far from the world we're living in now.

Deleted
    Rubbish. Thats what it is

But rape already has a pretty strong definition
    it does, but people rationalize that if its not violent enough in their eyes - then consent MUST have been had and the person is just expressing next day regrets or some bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    What about the girls tugging on boys?
    usually told to stop. never heard anyone say "girls will be girls" and "she just likes you" in that situation. but... in case this does happen and I'm just not aware - this mentality of it being ok to physically touch someone in a way that they obviously don't like is where it starts. where consent starts to get murky.

in my own personal experiences, once I started examining them that is (because even for me, if it doesn't go to certain point, I just let it slide) - there are a LOT of men out there that think its ok to grab a woman without asking, since they are not sticking anything into her vagina - its not assault, sexual or otherwise. I just tended to react first reflectively (before my brain would even catch up), so violent response kinda stopped any further touching that was unwelcome and/or unexpected.

but there are a lot of guys out there that think grabbing an ass etc of a girl that they don't know or barely know - is harmless (and yes, there are girls that do it too and its worse because we don't even frown at all on it, which is bull), and while its not rape yet - this is where that slippery slope starts. pressuring someone into sex - is not exactly obtaining consent either. and part of rape culture where its ok to pressure someone into something they don't want

oh and btw "you can't rape a man" also a very glaring example of rape culture.

the problem is - we have no respect for other people's bodily autonomy. some just take it to extreme. but its all symptoms of the same problem

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathcries View Post
    Isn't Sweden have the highest amount of Rape crime in the world?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_statistics

"This stands in contrast to reported rape rate of 1.2 per 100,000 in Japan, 1.8 per 100,000 in India, 4.6 rapes per 100,000 in Bahrain, 12.3 per 100,000 in Mexico, 24.1 per 100,000 in United Kingdom, 28.6 per 100,000 in United States, 66.5 per 100,000 in Sweden, and world's highest rate of 114.9 rapes per 100,000 in"
    There is a problem with comparing countries on rape statistics, as they do not necessarily have the same definitions of a crime.

This is shown when you compare rates of violent crimes in the UK to the US, the US requires violence to have occured for it to be a violent crime in FBI statistics, whereas in the UK threat of violence is also counted in Home Office statistics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    Doesn't that mean that there is a culture for EVERY SINGLE THING basically?
    Basically. There are many types of culture which are centered around a particular way of thinking.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.