Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Well apparently there's some bug with USB installations or some shit so I'm just gonna go buy a 4GB CD or some shit. UGH.

- - - Updated - - -

Update: Finally got Windows 7 to install, downloaded a butt ton of drivers, put Chrome and BitDefender on, and now I'm in the process of upgrading to Windows 10. Might do a clean install though, not sure yet.
    Definitely do a clean install. Why did you even bother installing 7 first? You can just install 10 and use your 7 key.

15+ Year Old Account
    http://imgur.com/a/yIAu4

Here you go, ignore the crappy lighting.. it illustrates the point of cable management and how it should look.

There's only 1 loose cable and that is for the GTX 1080 which is still due to arrive.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Definitely do a clean install. Why did you even bother installing 7 first? You can just install 10 and use your 7 key.
    Because it was kinda a last minute decision to go with Windows 10 and I was already installing 7, so... yeah.

Should I scrap everything and just start over, downloading 10 instead?

Quote Originally Posted by Evildeffy View Post
    http://imgur.com/a/yIAu4

Here you go, ignore the crappy lighting.. it illustrates the point of cable management and how it should look.

There's only 1 loose cable and that is for the GTX 1080 which is still due to arrive.
    Sexy! ;D

Also, I'm now on the prowl for a GTX 1070. Any recommendation for which aftermarket dealer to go with?
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Because it was kinda a last minute decision to go with Windows 10 and I was already installing 7, so... yeah.

If you are going to use 10, then yes. Just do a clean install of 10. Seeing as you are doing the upgrade from a clean install of 7 it would probably be just fine. Most of the problems with the upgrade are from people with older installs or certain pieces of software that don't work well with the upgrade, which you won't have on a clean install of 7. However, I still recommend a clean install of Windows whenever possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    If you are going to use 10, then yes. Just do a clean install of 10. Seeing as you are doing the upgrade from a clean install of 7 it would probably be just fine. Most of the problems with the upgrade are from people with older installs or certain pieces of software that don't work well with the upgrade, which you won't have on a clean install of 7. However, I still recommend a clean install of Windows whenever possible.
    I honestly didn't know I could clean install 10 with my 7 key! I'll go ahead and do that then.

(Time-travel "edit"): So I tried to do it and I stepped out for a bit cuz it was taking forever (typical), but when I came back, it went back to the "Install Now" screen as if it never happened... so, I guess I'm gonna try again then? *shrug*
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

15+ Year Old Account

A fresh installation is always better than an upgrade.
    So if you want to go with Windows 10 grab a fresh copy and start with that.

Sexy! ;D

Also, I'm now on the prowl for a GTX 1070. Any recommendation for which aftermarket dealer to go with?
    I recommend MSI Gaming X or GigaByte G1 version.
    EVGA is an option but both the MSI and GigaByte are better constructed and less noise.

A fresh installation is always better than an upgrade.
    So if you want to go with Windows 10 grab a fresh copy and start with that.
    Well, I guess the first time was just a weird fuck up then, because this one is going great now.

I recommend MSI Gaming X or GigaByte G1 version.
    EVGA is an option but both the MSI and GigaByte are better constructed and less noise.
    Alright, was greatly considering MSI Gaming X anyways, but not til they come down in price and I get the extra funds to the right account

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, I guess the first time was just a weird fuck up then, because this one is going great now.

Alright, was greatly considering MSI Gaming X anyways, but not til they come down in price and I get the extra funds to the right account
    Regardless.... start the cable management or I'ma call down some voodoo shit on your ass.
    Make it look as good as mine.

Regardless.... start the cable management or I'ma call down some voodoo shit on your ass.
    Make it look as good as mine.
    K well I just got my MSI 1070 Gaming X from Newegg. There goes almost $500 x.x

So yeah, I'll fix it... Friday c:

Update: #$$%ERTYR*)HGBUIEWJORNHLTBK GYE WHY AM I SO FUCKING BAD AT DOING SIMPLE SHIT. Just downloaded an assload of drivers for the wrong motherboard -_- I have the "Gaming 5", and I downloaded the "Gaming 1" drivers. Ffs I'm so mad right now. REINSTALLING WINDOWS FOR THE THIRD TIME.
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2016-06-28 at 09:30 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    K well I just got my MSI 1070 Gaming X from Newegg. There goes almost $500 x.x

So yeah, I'll fix it... Friday c:

Update: #$$%ERTYR*)HGBUIEWJORNHLTBK GYE WHY AM I SO FUCKING BAD AT DOING SIMPLE SHIT. Just downloaded an assload of drivers for the wrong motherboard -_- I have the "Gaming 5", and I downloaded the "Gaming 1" drivers. Ffs I'm so mad right now. REINSTALLING WINDOWS FOR THE THIRD TIME.
    Oi numpty... most drivers are the same from Gaming 1 to Gaming 5 to use.

Enjoy reinstalling that for no reason :P

Oi numpty... most drivers are the same from Gaming 1 to Gaming 5 to use.

Enjoy reinstalling that for no reason :P
    Eeeeexcept it wouldn't get internet for some reason and a lot of other things seemed off *shrug*

Also it won't boot now so there's that; not sure if it's just the TV being lame or not though. Update: I think it was just the TV. Family room TV works.

I was mid-installation, went to bathroom, came back to a "no signal" screen.

Edit: The reinstall TOTALLY helped btw.

- - - Updated - - -

Alright, everything finally looks good. Drivers good, internet good, display is... okay, but it is a TV screen, not expecting perfection.

Probably gonna start downloading more shit before I bother with the OC, External HD is coming Thursday, GPU should be here Friday...ish.

BUT FIRST, WINDOWS 10 UPDATES!

- - - Updated - - -

... Erm, is there only supposed to be one round of updates? It also won't let me update Windows Defender for some reason...
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2016-06-28 at 10:38 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Windows 10 is awkward with updates ... but if you made the install with the latest ISO it generally includes a great deal of updates along with it.

Windows Defender updating... dunno about that.. you'll have to Google-Fu that with error codes and whatnot.

Windows 10 is awkward with updates ... but if you made the install with the latest ISO it generally includes a great deal of updates along with it.

Windows Defender updating... dunno about that.. you'll have to Google-Fu that with error codes and whatnot.
    People said to update the updater but that didn't work. I even tried changing the registry but it wouldn't let me.

Regardless though, I've begun downloading non-vital stuff like Battle.net in preparation for Friday. I also need to get at least 1 new monitor, stat!

15+ Year Old Account
    People said to update the updater but that didn't work. I even tried changing the registry but it wouldn't let me.

Regardless though, I've begun downloading non-vital stuff like Battle.net in preparation for Friday. I also need to get at least 1 new monitor, stat!
    If that cable management is not done then I shall haunt your butt into oblivion.

You got this far... copy my build and do it.

If that cable management is not done then I shall haunt your butt into oblivion.

You got this far... copy my build and do it.
    It'll be done Friday! DX

- - - Updated - - -

Btw, regarding my SSD space, what would you guys recommend about Steam? Can I download most games on the HDD but more used games and client on the SSD and still have a stable/working Steam? FUCKING STUPID IGNORE ME.

- - - Updated - - -

Aaaand picked up a 1080p 144hz monitor. Second monitor will sadly be one of these 900p ones, but whatever, I can get a second one at another time in the future. Greeeeeeatly looking forward to Friday now
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2016-06-29 at 03:10 AM.