WeakAuras announce when someone cycloning or shiping you?

So is it even possible? Maybe i should use someting like " "COMBAT_LOG_EVENT_UNFILTERED" and message == "SPELL_CAST_START" " but I'm not familiar with LUA.

Deleted
    This is not possible, or at least not 100% of the time.
    The event SPELL_CAST_START does not have a target parameter (probably for this exact purpose), so you can detect that someone begins to cast cyclone/poly in a gigantic radius, but without a unitid like bossX you can't keep track of the unit that started the cast and what he is casting it on. Only SPELL_CAST_SUCCESS has a target parameter, but by then it's obviously too late
    In a battleground you could try to look for the unit by going through raidXfocus and raidXtarget and whatnot, but it'll never be guaranteed to find the unit and properly alert you.

@Hamsda pretty much hit the nail on the head there.
    We could previously have addons which would tell you who the target of a spell was, particularly useful if you could get that alert about yourself or a healer in PvP.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    As I haven't done pvp in 7 years or something like that: do enemies in arena have unitids similar to boss enemies? There is a frame for them in the default UI at least, right? So one could maybe do it in arena...

Deleted
    yeah in arena your enemies have ids -> arena1-5

i remember there was an addon for that back when i was more into pvp
    http://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/spell-alerter

but i think it does not work anymore :<

Yeah I think I used that same addon myself, and that functionality was broken intentionally most likely due to such addons.
    Being aware of a certain cast is one thing, knowing exactly who it is aimed at is another.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

With the new nameplates it might be possible to see if any of the nameplate unitids are targeting someone when SPELL_CAST_START is casted

If say, an addon tracks SPELL_CAST_START then it iterates over the nameplates until the same unitguid is found and it can see who is being targeted
    (provided nameplates are enabled/shown and it's not being cast on mouseover/macro'd instead of nameplate7target)

Quote Originally Posted by Ketho View Post
    With the new nameplates it might be possible to see if any of the nameplate unitids are targeting someone when SPELL_CAST_START is casted

If say, an addon tracks SPELL_CAST_START then it iterates over the nameplates until the same unitguid is found and it can see who is being targeted
    (provided nameplates are enabled/shown and it's not being cast on mouseover/macro'd instead of nameplate7target)
    Yet can't be reliable, the person maybe is casting on @Focus target.