Question Legion and my very old PC

Hi there !

So I've got this 7 years old (or so) Computer. At the moment it's broken (Power supply to change). Here are the specs :

- Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 (12M Cache, 2.83 GHz, 1333 MHz FSB)
    - XFX GeForce GTX 280
    - 8 Gb RAM PC 10600 (the max the mobo can accepts)
    - 750 Gb, 7200 RPM HDD
    - Motherboard : XFX N790 IUL

This days I'm using a Retina Macbook Pro, it's my work computer and I don't want to try to run WoW on it...
    Anyways I know that PC is like a Relic but I remember playing Age of Conan and WoW Cataclysm in High Settings on a 19" Screen (old school lol). So honestly, do you think I have a chance to run Legion ? Even with low settings i would be happy.

Thanks !

Legion is very old too. Still using the same old and tired engine. It should run WoW with no problems, just close shadows, sun shaft, grass and alike effects you don't need for better performance.

You can run it on low sure, just don't expect to raid with it.

7+ Year Old Account
    my laptop is a potato compared to many people's pcs now, and all i do is have everything on high except shadows and water on med and no sunshafts and its getting 40-90fps depending.

starting to show it's age though, part of the case just snapped off o_o

Quote Originally Posted by Nuckels View Post
    You can run it on low sure, just don't expect to raid with it.
    Can run at higher than low. Just turn down/off Shadow quality and you'll be fine. I gamed on a wayyyy worse laptop and had no issues in raids with appropriate settings.

You could probably run at low just don't expect too much you might stay at 60 during raids. People saying otherwise are really optimistic.

Should be able to run decent id do a fresh windows 10 install first. Your CPU is still fairly powerful and GPU while aged should be able to pull off fair settings.

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    Should be able to run decent id do a fresh windows 10 install first. Your CPU is still fairly powerful and GPU while aged should be able to pull off fair settings.
    Yeah I can't really say for sure but it should run probably not at a consistent 60 fps.