For those playing Elemental in Beta right now... How are we?

How well are we doing? For all of you guys who have been able to test Elemental in the current beta and at max level, can you inform me on how well they are doing mechanically and numbers wise in PvE content single target and AoE? Maybe how well we synergize with our talents and artifact weapon? I've tried searching on the forums and WoW forums but I can't seem to find any info or videos on how well Elementals are doing in PvE. I've been specifically looking for raid and mythic+ content and just can't seem to find anything since all I see is everyone on the enhancement bandwagon. I enjoy my elemental and love playing him so any info would be great! Thanks!

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't got the beta but I heard it's just as horrible as on live right now, except our AOE is much much worse. And also, it's more complex and more clunky! So everything's still good!

Um... yeah. The above poster has downs.

I don't much care to comment on the numbers because it is still beta and it can change any minute. Many of the talents synergize very well with each other. Plus side to that, for me anyway, is that it can be fun. Just seeing different talent abilities and passives working so well together and seamlessly has always been something I enjoyed. Need heavy AoE for a dungeon? Okay, check. Need better single target? Check. Want to play as Ele's do now on live (to an extent)? Check. Down side to that is it could and probably will develop into very cookie-cutter builds. Which happens often to all kinds of specs regardless, still thought I'd mention it.

All in all, I think the all three specs are looking and feeling good for the Shaman, mostly. (gameplay wise). Definitely not saying everything is just peachy and we're at exactly where we need to be and we do keep getting hit with the nerf bat, but we aren't entirely awful. Until they decide to nerf us some more.
    Last edited by CameronJ3; 2016-06-30 at 03:52 AM.

I found it unplayable so I switched to enhancement.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I found it unplayable so I switched to enhancement.
    I haven't played in a little while because of work and other annoying things, sadly. Haha. So I suppose my opinion is outdated. Are you talking from a numbers standpoint or gameplay standpoint?

Deleted
    From a numbers standpoint we get outdps'd by enhancement pretty hard, this is of course partially because they "redesigned" Ele shamans as non mobile turrets.

That being said in the caster groups we're middle of the pac, priests, and mages some locks are ussually well above us (again beta is beta and they can technically number tune up untill one week to release). We;ve got 2 builds one focusing around Lava Burst which provides incredible burst periods with reasonable sustain, and a more lightning bolt focused build which provides arguably better sustain.

I have to say with both specs we're fairly dependent on our artifact traits, where let's say a fire mage already does really good base damage without their artifact and their artifact just enhances it, I have the feeling Elemental's dps doesn't get really great untill you get traits like Power of the Maelstrom, Master of the Elements and for AoE traits like Static overload and Volcanic inferno.

Also Ele's AoE compared to most classes is pretty "meh" you either lightning rod and keep tabbing targets but with the short duration on LR I just find it annoying in all honesty, think a better solution which has also been said on the forums is up the damage on chain lightning and up the damage on EQ totem.

All in all, is it the best caster right now? no I have the choice currently between maining mage or Ele shaman next expansion and will probably stick to mage, that being said I do enjoy the Ele playstyle heaps more it's amazing how powerfull their Single target burst is (currently playing lava burst spec), I might reconsider playing Ele shaman personally if in the last 2 months before release numbers get adequately tuned for Elemental to bring them up to par with the other casters and specs like enhancement.

PS Big pro on the Shaman the class order hall campaign is pretty epic (atleast compared to the mage one) and alot eassier to complete, it feels pretty short which means you'll be running with your third relic slot quickly.

Mechanically speaking, huge improvements with removal of shock CD and Maelstrom system. Greater diversity in talents. Rest assured, if you liked WoD Ele then you will find it even more fun in Legion. Target switching, DPS on the move, and cleave are better than ever.

AoE is on the low end at the moment, but should hopefully be changed by tuning. ST damage better than ever. We scale well with gear.

Artifact is hit or miss. Some talents are cool, but many people find Stormkeeper and Power of the Maelstrom to be problematic.

Utility has been pruned across the board
    Atm all we have as baseline is Bloodlust. Windrush Totem could prove to be very useful though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by trm90 View Post
    AoE is on the low end at the moment, but should hopefully be changed by tuning. ST damage better than ever. We scale well with gear.

Artifact is hit or miss. Some talents are cool, but many people find Stormkeeper and Power of the Maelstrom to be problematic.
    Pretty much this. I don't really see how PotM is problematic, it's a huge damage increase if you can pair it with stormkeeper, big problem i have is that stormkeeper being on GCD is a huge annoyance, and one of our golden traits Fury of the storms where the elemental does ok dps per cast it only starts casting when you start casting so it only gets off 2-3,5 casts before poofing away again. Would love to see 15 seconds on that one really.

-Team based PVP, elemental is literally cannon fodder no other way to put it lightly

-Zerg based PVP, elemental is awesome but zerg pvp is meaningless

Ele PvP is a dumpster fire.