Can't decide which out of the following to sink my teeth into first.

So I have several RPGs I have started but not finished due to RL things mostly. I'm now trying to decide which of the list below I should work through first, but I just can't. I want to do them all. Looking for some advice form others who have played through which I should tackle first. Any advice or opinions are greatly appreciated!

Elder Scrolls: Skyrim (started but never completed the main story.. or any story.)
    Fallout 4 (Started but bugged out jsut before you teleport into the enemy base to get the son which made me unable to carry on)
    Dragon Age: Inquisition (Got a fair way through before my old PC died and I jsut didn't pick it up again after I got my new one)
    Tales of Zestiria

Games I haven't bought yet, or have bought but not played via a humble bundle or similar, but have been considering:
    Other Elder Scrolls games
    Other Dragon Age games
    Tales of Symphonia
    Dishonored (got access to my partners copy of the game. I'm not very good at sneaky games, I tend to just kill stuff, but seeing the second game intrigues me.)

Completed main story, want to do a second run through at some point:
    Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
    Last edited by Merixa; 2016-06-20 at 06:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Play the dragon age trilogy from origins to inquisition if you're more into story.
    Play an elder scrolls game if you're into deep rich lore, exploration and want some really amazing mods.
    Play Fallout if you want to play a post-apocalyptic open world game and also want some really amazing mods (though less amazing than skyrims mods, though that will change one day)

Personally I'd start with Skyrim, since every negative about the game can be taken away with the aid of mods.

You don't have to play Dishonored as a stealth character. However, how you approach the game affects the ending.

I started playing Tales of Zestiria myself lately, and I would honestly suggest trying Tales of Xillia (Sounds like you're on a PC though? So this would be ruled out) or Symphonia first instead. Maybe Zestiria gets better, but it starts off kinda bland.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    (Sounds like you're on a PC though? So this would be ruled out)
    Yes, I'm only talking about PC. I never see the point in buying a console when I'd only play 1 or 2 games on it.

Thanks for the suggestions so far. In response to what Aeula said, I want all of those things, which is why I'm having the issue I'm having.

10+ Year Old Account
    I suggest starting by the highest rated games you're interested in on this list http://www.gamefaqs.com/games/rankin...=0&min_votes=1
    Always found this list pretty accurate. It's player based and it's a legit video game site.

Then check the screenshots, and if it does make you want to go in that screenshot and do stuff, go for it.

Stop screwing around and just play The Witcher 3.

You'll thank me later

Quote Originally Posted by savagetommy View Post
    Stop screwing around and just play The Witcher 3.

You'll thank me later
    I do have witcher 3, and I couldn't get into it. Couldn't get into any of the games. I know I should enjoy it, as it's my kind of genre, but I just don't. Can't tell you what it was, I just got bored quicker than any other game I've played. *shrug*

Quote Originally Posted by Merixa View Post
    I do have witcher 3, and I couldn't get into it. Couldn't get into any of the games. I know I should enjoy it, as it's my kind of genre, but I just don't. Can't tell you what it was, I just got bored quicker than any other game I've played. *shrug*
    Honestly I have the same issue with the Witcher 3. It starts getting better I guess as you get immersed in it, but I still struggle to find motivation to play it (generally because the combat system is eh to me)

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Honestly I have the same issue with the Witcher 3. It starts getting better I guess as you get immersed in it, but I still struggle to find motivation to play it (generally because the combat system is eh to me)
    It's nice to know I'm not alone! Everyone else looks at me like I'm some kind of freak when I say I didn't enjoy playing it.

It's nice to know I'm not alone! Everyone else looks at me like I'm some kind of freak when I say I didn't enjoy playing it.
    You are a total freak and should seek professional help for having an opinion differing from the masses. In all seriousness, Witcher 3 is one of my top 3 games of all time. As for the games you listed, Dragon Age: Origins is one of the best RPG's of all time and I can recommend that.

My advice would be on the Dragon Age games, especially if you tackle all of them at once and in order of release. Be sure to get all the meaningful DLC though, there are quite a lot of them. I'm pretty sure GotY edition of Inquisition and DA2 includes all of them, for Origins you should be looking for Ultimate edition (Origins has a full on expansion, unlike 2 other games).

Elder Scrolls games are awesome but you might be turned off by graphics of other games if you value them even slightly (they are pretty bad by modern standards). Skyrim is definetely a must though.

Didnt like Dishonored and Kingdoms of Amalur much tbh, strongly advice against non-stealth approach in Dishonored, the game becomes very bland. Didnt play both Tales games.

- - - Updated - - -

Witcher games are all about the story, you should definetely focus on the story and play all 3 games through.

10+ Year Old Account
    I started Dragon Age Inquisition but never finished it. Might go back to it soon. I'm more interested in story, lore and world building than in combat and gameplay systems. The Witcher 3 is the best RPG I've played in that regard. It inspired me enough to get me reading the books, which are very good as well.

I never could get into Fallout.

Elder Scrolls lore is cool, and I've sunk several hundred hours into Skyrim. If you're willing to mod the game, any problems with the game systems can be fixed. The main story isn't great, but a couple of the side quests are quite entertaining. Skyrim is better as an exploration/immersion game than anything. I hesitate to call it a "sandbox" game, but some people use that label.

Thanks for the responses so far. It seems most of you put Dragon Age and Skyrim over the rest. Looks like it's a toss up between the two.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would wait on Skyrim until the Special Edition comes out. Personally, I'd play the Dragon Age trilogy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will echo the sentiment to play the all the Dragon Age games. Do them in order though. Inquisition is really good, but it will have more OOMPH by playing the previous games. Also, if you only pick 1 DLC to play, get Legacy for DA2. But do make sure to get Tresspasser for Inquisition as well.

That should do you for several months. =)
    SWTOR Friend Referral Code: http://www.swtor.com/r/kg3Sch

I disliked everything about Tales of Symphonia.

Thank you again for all of your input. Dragon Age seems to be the most popular so I will start with that and work my way through!