Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Will Illidan be a raid boss or a ally in Legion?

Hi,

So it is my understanding from the lore that sargeras and the legion do not know that Illidan was acting as a double agent and was planning to double cross them when he had the chance.

In Legion, when gul'dan sets illidan free, can we take that as he will be under his control or will illidan ally with us to take the legion out?

sargeras knew.

also Gul'dan steals's illidans body.
    illidan will be an ally.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    sargeras knew.

also Gul'dan steals's illidans body.
    illidan will be an ally.
    so how does that work? took his body but his soul ?

so potential for illidans body to be possessed then you defeat him and return his real soul for him to become an ally?

7+ Year Old Account
    illidan himself will be a ally, but his body may be a enemy, who knows quite yet
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Illidan is will be a ally with the info we have we know that for sure but how is not known. I can speculate that his body is being controlled and his soul is trapped inside and unable to do anything....maybe. But none the less Illidan is a ally seeing that he is the child of light and chaos.

Deleted
    We were manipulated by Maiev and Akama's stupidity during BC, we actually prevented Illidan from destroying the burning legion, so he may have an ever bigger grudge at us, but given we will be allied to his demon hunters its possible he'll just remain in the shadows for at least the first patch and then do something very interesting on the second tier.

After reading the novel, MY THEORY (its what it is) is that the second raid tier will be Kil'Jaeden's palace in Argus, the mega-dungeon will be us and Illidan going on a quest to gather something powerful to feed the portal (much like our quest to get the demon's soul in cataclysm). This patch is said to have a new zone (or did i read bullshit ?) i think it may be a zone on Argus.

After the final defeat of KJ on his homeworld (making him dead-dead)(and if my theory is right) i think the last patch will be about Nagas, leading us to N'zoth/Azshara extension.
    Bear with me on this: In WoD the main enemy, the mighty Iron Horde, was fought during the first two patches, and then they allied what was left of themselves to what they fought at first (Gul'Dan and the demons), gameplay side, the demons were present from the very start, and that is what leads me to the point i'm making.
    I believe that in Legion, the nagas being present, but not on the main plotlines, they will stay in the fray while we fight the Legion, but once we will be done, they might seize the opportunity to strike us because we launched tremendous forces to Argus and are weakened.

But hey its just a theory yknow do what you want with it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elondre View Post
    We were manipulated by Maiev and Akama's stupidity during BC, we actually prevented Illidan from destroying the burning legion, so he may have an ever bigger grudge at us, but given we will be allied to his demon hunters its possible he'll just remain in the shadows for at least the first patch and then do something very interesting on the second tier.

After reading the novel, MY THEORY (its what it is) is that the second raid tier will be Kil'Jaeden's palace in Argus, the mega-dungeon will be us and Illidan going on a quest to gather something powerful to feed the portal (much like our quest to get the demon's soul in cataclysm). This patch is said to have a new zone (or did i read bullshit ?) i think it may be a zone on Argus.

After the final defeat of KJ on his homeworld (making him dead-dead)(and if my theory is right) i think the last patch will be about Nagas, leading us to N'zoth/Azshara extension.
    Bear with me on this: In WoD the main enemy, the mighty Iron Horde, was fought during the first two patches, and then they allied what was left of themselves to what they fought at first (Gul'Dan and the demons), gameplay side, the demons were present from the very start, and that is what leads me to the point i'm making.
    I believe that in Legion, the nagas being present, but not on the main plotlines, they will stay in the fray while we fight the Legion, but once we will be done, they might seize the opportunity to strike us because we launched tremendous forces to Argus and are weakened.

But hey its just a theory yknow do what you want with it

interesting, i like your theory. the nagas playing a bigger part in the late end of the expansion would be a good twist.

Can be something like Akama in BT

7+ Year Old Account
    Illidan's body will not be an enemy. In the Nighthold, we will foil Gul'dan's plan to make his body into an avatar for Sargeras and then reunite his (Illidan's) spirit with his body.

Source: datamined voice overs for Khadgar

Quote Originally Posted by Dankdruid View Post
    so how does that work? took his body but his soul ?

so potential for illidans body to be possessed then you defeat him and return his real soul for him to become an ally?
    His soul is in the twisting nether, the demon hunters make contact with it during their quest campaign and he's being hunted, I'm curious what will happen to his body though since Blizzard have said Gul'dan wont be seen as a boss in any shape or form during the legion beta.

We will meet him atop the vantablack temple. There we will fight him, alongside himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    We will meet him atop the vantablack temple. There we will fight him, alongside himself.
    Ah I see, Is the other one from an alternate timeline?

Quote Originally Posted by Leviosuh View Post
    Ah I see, Is the other one from an alternate timeline?
    The timeline where Velen joined Sargeras and Kil'jaeden and Archimonde fled with the Draenei.

Jokes aside, I can't really see where blizz is going with the Legion story so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephre View Post
    His soul is in the twisting nether, the demon hunters make contact with it during their quest campaign and he's being hunted, I'm curious what will happen to his body though since Blizzard have said Gul'dan wont be seen as a boss in any shape or form during the legion beta.
    Demon Hunters' quest campaign is on Mardum (part 1) and is happening during the Black Temple raid. Illidan talks with you mentally and is in fact awaiting the fight against Akama, A'dal's army, Maîev and the players. Once you hit the end of Part 1 you teleport to BT and got captured by A'dal's forces and Maïev Shadowsong. Part 2 starts in the Vault of the Wardens that has been assaulted by Legion (Gul'dan and Cordiana Felsong) to steal Illidan's body and the Sargeras Keystone.

Quote Originally Posted by WolfRider View Post
    Demon Hunters' quest campaign is on Mardum (part 1) and is happening during the Black Temple raid. Illidan talks with you mentally and is in fact awaiting the fight against Akama, A'dal's army, Maîev and the players. Once you hit the end of Part 1 you teleport to BT and got captured by A'dal's forces and Maïev Shadowsong. Part 2 starts in the Vault of the Wardens that has been assaulted by Legion (Gul'dan and Cordiana Felsong) to steal Illidan's body and the Sargeras Keystone.
    When he says "quest campaign" I am assuming he means order hall campaign, which is a seperate thing then the starter experience.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Illidan's body is going to be used for nefarious purposes I imagine. He as a being will become a warrior of the light.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vongimi View Post
    When he says "quest campaign" I am assuming he means order hall campaign, which is a seperate thing then the starter experience.
    No. Blizzard already stated that when you roll a DH, you start on Mardum and do some quests there, then start phase 2 where you are in the Warden's Vault.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

I would love to see Illidan becoming the leader of a third faction the next expansion with naga, broken, nelves, belves, eredar, red orcs and maybe vrykul to add some flavor?

But from what we know with the datamining, we will take his body from the Nighthold aaand that's it, may be we will return his spirit to the body through the patches?

7+ Year Old Account
    He is proberly gonna be a boss, at some point, but not the final boss. He will survive our encounter and he will become our ally later, and then become the leader of the Demon Hunters of both Horde and Alliance.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

we will fight Illidan and when he reaches 1% he will say: "Thanks you heroes for releasing me from the legion's grasp."
    ...then in the next patch he will give the go-to NPC for apexis daily quests while we prepare for the next biggest threat Azeroth has ever seen: Onyxia reborn of fel flame !!!