Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Man imagine how much better school would be if people that didn't want to be there were not required to go (provided they still had the same taxes). You don't get a say in if you have to pay for the taxes or not though, because there's no excuse for being an idiot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    Again, if he doesnt tell the it was my idea, what are they going to do? Take him away becuase he ignores when I punish him?

And dont worry. I had a vsec when I was 20.
    Thank god, then don't adopt either. What would they do? Definatly take the kid, but you don't care, put him in foster care, but you don't care, and maybe there he can be treated shittier and maybe beaten, but you don't care. Not too hard to have a kid respect you and do as you ask.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are several small communities in Alaska you could live in. I'm sure that's what you'd prefer.

As for getting land from the govt, that is doing they very mooching you decry against. You are requesting something that is not yours for your own benefit.

and education is beneficial for the betterment of human knowledge. I do not care to listen to someone on how plate techtonics work who isnt educated on the subject.

Juvie for getting suspended? I mean for something other than hitting a teacher. Obviously you'd go to jail for that.

But what would happen, theoretically, if just absolutely refused to do any schoolwork ever? They gonna keep him in juvie till he's 18?
    The law states that school is mandatory. He is intentionally violating that law by getting suspended multiple times which indicates severe behavioral issues. You choose to throw him under the bus by telling him not to tell on you because you're a worthless parent who intentionally tried to raise a stupid child.

Quote Originally Posted by nanook12 View Post
    You argument can be distilled to "if kids did not get educated then society could not propagate itself like it wants to because society needs people to think and act certain ways in order to spread." Again I see nothing but society propagating its own power and influence.
    The African tribes that still live in mud and straw huts (have mercy mods) are still considered a society so what's the problem?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    Yes take him away because he ignores punishment, to juvenile detention for knowingly violating the law. So you'd be throwing your own child into Juvie rather than him just going to school and learning to be productive.

- - - Updated - - -

That's a far more common sentiment than it should be.
    And why should he go slave himself in a society where the rules are stacked against him unless he is part of the ruling class? There is no incentive to be a productive member of society since all of your hard work is ultimately going to benefit someone else, like your boss or the owner for example. You are basically a work mule for society that gets food and water to keep working. That is your existence in society.
    Last edited by nanook12; 2016-06-21 at 03:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    The African tribes that still live in mud and straw huts (have mercy mods) are still considered a society so what's the problem?
    and they often have their own rules and traditions that if you dont follow, you are ostracized. So unless he lives completely alone, he will always be subject to some greater purpose.

You argument can be distilled to "if kids did not get educated then society could not propagate itself like it wants to because society needs people to think and act certain ways in order to spread." Again I see nothing but society propagating its own power and influence.
    It's not about thinking and acting, it's simply about knowing. They should know how the universe works and how to get involved with communicating beyond verbal methods (i.e. reading and writing). That's all. After they understand the basic concepts, they are free to live back into tribal life or perhaps integrate with modern society.

What is wrong with providing them that decision? You will probably respond "but they are deciding on education or not", where that's really the parent's decision on what possibilities their children have. I would not give parents that kind of power, the ability for them to learn and make future decisions should be mandatory.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    The law states that school is mandatory. He is intentionally violating that law by getting suspended multiple times which indicates severe behavioral issues. You choose to throw him under the bus by telling him not to tell on you because you're a worthless parent who intentionally tried to raise a stupid child.
    I'm not intending anything. This is all hypothetical.

So what you're saying is rather than go " okay, you obviously dont want an education, go away then" the law is going to waste money keeping him in jail till he's 18 to make some kind of point? How pointless.

Juvie for getting suspended? I mean for something other than hitting a teacher. Obviously you'd go to jail for that.

But what would happen, theoretically, if just absolutely refused to do any schoolwork ever? They gonna keep him in juvie till he's 18?
    No, he would stay in school until he passed the essentials. If he fails a year, he repeats it.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    and they often have their own rules and traditions that if you dont follow, you are ostracized. So unless he lives completely alone, he will always be subject to some greater purpose.
    I'm trying to decide if OP was always this loony (his post history isn't helping) or if he just recently snapped with his "I want another war where I can watch my family get murdered because f**k you corporate CEOs!" thread.

And why should he go slave myself in a society where the rules are stacked against him unless he is part of the ruling class? There is no incentive to be a productive member of society since all of your hard work is ultimately going to benefit someone else, like your boss or the owner for example. You are basically a work mule for society that gets food and water to keep working. That is your existence in society.
    Reasons to stay in school.

We get it, you're a 12 year old anarchist that wants to rebel against the world. Do it quietly so we don't know how little you understand about the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not intending anything. This is all hypothetical.

So what you're saying is rather than go " okay, you obviously dont want an education, go away then" the law is going to waste money keeping him in jail till he's 18 to make some kind of point? How pointless.
    then why not home school if you dont like the public or private options available?

Being able to do things like read and do basic math are critical if you want to do things like, oh I don't know, get a job or manage your money. Unless you're living in the woods in a ramshackle shelter you built with nothing but a hatchet and determination, you will need at least SOME school to survive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

7+ Year Old Account
    There are several small communities in Alaska you could live in. I'm sure that's what you'd prefer.

As for getting land from the govt, that is doing they very mooching you decry against. You are requesting something that is not yours for your own benefit.

and education is beneficial for the betterment of human knowledge. I do not care to listen to someone on how plate techtonics work who isnt educated on the subject.
    Ah the appeal to authority fallacy. Obviously an expert on a subject must be correct, except that all human knowledge must be interpreted from nature or events and every person interprets things differently. There is no such thing as absolutely knowledge about anything.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    No, he would stay in school until he passed the essentials. If he fails a year, he repeats it.
    Or until he was a legal adult, flipped them the bird, and walked out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah the appeal to authority fallacy. Obviously an expert on a subject must be correct, except that all human knowledge must be interpreted from nature or events and every person interprets things differently. There is no such thing as absolutely knowledge about anything.
    how is it an appeal to authority to not want to listen to someone who knows jack squat on a subject? If you want to spout falsehoods due to ignorance, thats on you and no one should have to give you any kind of credibility.

Or until he was a legal adult, flipped them the bird, and walked out.
    Then he gets to live on the street and be worthless, just as his pappy intended.

7+ Year Old Account
    then why not home school if you dont like the public or private options available?
    You misunderstand Crissi. I think any compulsory education is bs.

10+ Year Old Account
    You misunderstand Crissi. I think any compulsory education is bs.
    well unless you live in a super rural area where practicality is a bit more important, you're just harming your kid being able to make an informed choice on what they want to do in life.