Char level//zone scaling/gathering in legion.

So they said that each zone will scale as you level, which means it doesn't matter where you go or where you end up because you can start anywhere. Does this mean you could have a level 100 gatherer (say, a miner) and farm nodes without having to actually level it? Or will some ore/herbs require say level 109 in order to get them?

My idea was just to have one of my spare 100s as a gatherer, not actually level it and just have them farm, as flying wont be available until half way into the expac it doesn't really matter (from what I can tell) that it isn't max level?

Cheers.

That is mostly correct, with the exception of Suramar. Suramar does not scale down, it will remain a 108-110 end-game zone.

But you can run around the other 4 zones as you please, and the mobs you encounter will be scaled to your level.

Edit: worth mentioning, consider that any Blood of Sargeras that you obtain from a strictly herb/mining alt will have little to no use, as they are BoP and have no real use for gatherers (currently). Not sure if you were aware of this, thought I'd double check
    Last edited by Consiliem; 2016-06-21 at 06:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Consiliem View Post
    That is mostly correct, with the exception of Suramar. Suramar does not scale down, it will remain a 108-110 end-game zone.

But you can run around the other 4 zones as you please, and the mobs you encounter will be scaled to your level.

Edit: worth mentioning, consider that any Blood of Sargeras that you obtain from a strictly herb/mining alt will have little to no use, as they are BoP and have no real use for gatherers (currently). Not sure if you were aware of this, thought I'd double check
    Yeah the blood thing I knew, I was going to get mining on one of my alts which also has alchemy. The main has herbalism. Just needed a way to get ore for engineering which I also have on the main and hopefully there will be some need for blood within alchemy then both chars can support each other.

Mining on a level 100 should be mostly fine as you don't strictly need Suramar for that - for Herbalism it does have an exclusive herb not found anywhere else, though.