Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Your solution is very simple and it's called Grand Expedition Yak. Thank me later.
    Your solution to death, don't die.

That's literally what you pretty much said, that's not a option for a lot of players you know.

IIRC they said you can set a specific transmog to a spec, which is automatically used when changing to that spec.
    You can also save additional sets and apply them at transmog NPCs. I would say its better to have the option of hiding helm/cloak/shoulder in the transmog system instead of game options.
    That way you don't have to go into the options menu to change it when using another spec or transmog set

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Especially since it now costs gold to re-show your helmet.
    Not sure if they changed it, but disabling a used transmog on an item doesn't cost anything

People complaining about everything these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Fox View Post
    Hiding Helm/Shoulder/Cloak isn't really related to transmog though. You're not changing the item. Just hiding it.

Removing it from the Interface options is a bit silly, when there wasn't a reason to in the first place.

The nice thing about it is if you hide those item slots, they stay hidden until you want to transmog those pieces.

Transmogging is getting insanely expensive in Legion, since the cost is based on item level... Changing Boots, Pants, Waist, Gloves, Chest, Shoulders, and Helm is costing me some 500gold, and 300Gold for the Artifact weapon.

Live characters, I'm hovering around 150K gold without much effort, but charging gold based on the gear item level + Rarity, is some what dumb.

- - - Updated - - -

Correct. It was removed from the Interfaces menu, and thrown in to the Transmog Window; Forcing players to go the the Transmog NPC's in order to hide those slots from now on.
    "Mogging" to hidden is free.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nVIDIA View Post
    People complaining about everything these days.
    Nope. Just complaining about quality of life issues, just as we've been doing for the past 12 years soon.

Buy the Yakk with the xmorg guy, or quest with someone who has one ;-)

Hiding Helm/Shoulder/Cloak isn't really related to transmog though. You're not changing the item. Just hiding it.

Removing it from the Interface options is a bit silly, when there wasn't a reason to in the first place.
    It enables them to make it per outfit, rather than global. Since you can assign different appearances to different specs, this allows for things like automatically having your helmet shown while in tank spec, but not as DPS.

Transmogging is getting insanely expensive in Legion, since the cost is based on item level... Changing Boots, Pants, Waist, Gloves, Chest, Shoulders, and Helm is costing me some 500gold, and 300Gold for the Artifact weapon.

Live characters, I'm hovering around 150K gold without much effort, but charging gold based on the gear item level + Rarity, is some what dumb.
    Yeah, this has been something I really hate. I like dancing between transmog sets every day or so, and now it'll cost me close to 1000g per day to do this. (If I base it off my warrior on Beta atm.)

I also dislike no longer having the options to hide them in interface. I used TRP3 which made them into buttons I could press, letting me quickly hide/reveal the cloak/helm on the fly.
    Last edited by Sixnalia; 2016-06-21 at 12:20 PM.

Deleted
    Look at the bigger picture - this change could eventually lead to us being able to hide other slots like gloves or waist. That was something we'd never get with the old system as they wouldn't want to clutter the Interface UI.

IMO, that mount wasn't worth 60K Gold when it was on the Mists Beta... When the price got doubled to 120K, that was just batshit absurd.
    Reforging was lame. Portable transmog, now that's worth the coin.

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Look at the bigger picture - this change could eventually lead to us being able to hide other slots like gloves or waist. That was something we'd never get with the old system as they wouldn't want to clutter the Interface UI.
    Of the 10 pages of Interface Menu's that are currently on the beta, only 2 are actually full... The other 8 are cluttered at all.

Speaking of interface.
    WHY THE FUCK IS AUTO LOOT NOT ACCOUNT-WIDE BUT THE MAJORITY OF THE OTHER SETTINGS ARE?
    I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

Deleted
    I have had the Yak since it was a reforging NPC, so thanks God this isn't an issue for me.

But yeah, I dont' see why they would remove that option from the interface menu; they should have even added the hide shoulder option to the same menu.

Guess they want to keep all appearance related options in one place, so that kinda makes sense though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ribesal View Post
    IIRC they said you can set a specific transmog to a spec, which is automatically used when changing to that spec.
    You can also save additional sets and apply them at transmog NPCs. I would say its better to have the option of hiding helm/cloak/shoulder in the transmog system instead of game options.
    That way you don't have to go into the options menu to change it when using another spec or transmog set

Not sure if they changed it, but disabling a used transmog on an item doesn't cost anything
    Hiding your helmet/cloak costs nothing. Getting said helmet to come back costs the same as normally transmogging it would. At least on PTR.

Deleted
    It's time to finally leave a game when i start spending my lifetime reading threads like this about it.

Deleted
    Of the 10 pages of Interface Menu's that are currently on the beta, only 2 are actually full... The other 8 are cluttered at all.
    "Show [armour/weapon]" x 10 would be clutter, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Just get the Transmogg Yak?

The only thing that actually is a problem with that system is that you can't hide helms/cloaks on low level chars 'till lvl 20 or 'till you visit stormwind/og/etc
    More like Level 8-10 when you get a quest to fly to whatever main city your a closest too. This takes all of what....30 minutes.

I see a lot of people in here feel proud about their 120k mount and just disregard people to get one themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Your solution is very simple and it's called Grand Expedition Yak. Thank me later.
    Please send 120k to Norman on Draenor-EU so I can use your very simple solution. I'll thank you later.

Deleted
    Yeah, I don't get that either. Imo Hide Helmet/Cloak shouldn't be part of Transmog. Because it is not really a transmog. It is hiding something. Imo at least.

Maybe I am just spoiled by this feature since TBC?

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    Please send 120k to Norman on Draenor-EU so I can use your very simple solution. I'll thank you later.

Come on man, WoD poured out gold like there was no tomorrow. Accounts that I leveled in Jan 2016 already has 90K on them and that's after spending 10K on getting the Garrison up to level 3 across the board.