Page 42 of 101 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Sorry to re-post but apparently my post disappeared among others - would there be a chance for some advice regarding my gear?

I'm using the versatility > mastery > haste > crit. However I've got a problem if ilvl should be the most important factor or the stats themselves?

Shoulders:
    Got legendary Runemaster's Pauldrons 895 ilvl, 745 crit, 413 haste
    vs
    Spaulders of the Shattered Abyss 850 ilvl, 279 haste, 699 mastery

Cloak:
    Pvp 845 ilvl, 257 verstatility, 463 mastery
    vs
    Mythic 870 ilvl, 508 haste, 282 mastery

Gloves:
    Mythic+ 850 ilvl, 574 mastery, 406 +150 (gem) versatility
    vs
    Dreamsculptor's gloves 875 ilvl, 399 crit, 675 haste

I'm currently using all "lower level" ones.

Also what are suggested stat weights for Ask Mr. Robot / Pawn ?

For Mythic raiding, you want to have a balanced amount of Versatility (General smoothing and helps with Magic) and Mastery (for Physical reduction), and enough Haste (Demon Spikes uptime). Uptime is debatable, you could opt for Crit instead of it for more damage, but I find it very useful on Ursoc & Xavius, and on Cenarius if you end up tanking the boss for most of the fight, while co-tank handles adds.

But basicly, as long as you pick gear pieces that have stats other than crit, you are getting sturdier. Don't go into extremes for any of the remaining 3 and you are golden.
    Last edited by redfella; 2016-10-30 at 12:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by a wiser man
    Tanking should not exist just to let healers and dps have fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coramac
    If a monk has 200k DTPS and 200k HPS in hots on him, does anyone hear when he purifies?
    WeakAura sets with Rotation Helpers: Vengeance - Brewmaster

ARMORY - ARMORY
    <Ninjapartio>

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by redfella View Post
    But basicly, as long as you pick gear pieces that have stats other than crit, you are getting sturdier.
    Crit is just fine as a mitigative stat; it is quite similar numerically to vers or mastery. For some reason it has a reputation of being very bad mitigatively, which isn't true; it's just comparatively worse than the other stats. You certainly should not pass any ilevel upgrade because it has crit, let alone the 25+ ilevel upgrades that Vasilisa has.

Quote Originally Posted by Veiled Shadow View Post
    Crit is just fine as a mitigative stat; it is quite similar numerically to vers or mastery. For some reason it has a reputation of being very bad mitigatively, which isn't true; it's just comparatively worse than the other stats. You certainly should not pass any ilevel upgrade because it has crit, let alone the 25+ ilevel upgrades that Vasilisa has.
    Rng on top of spikyness is at least not my cup of tea.

But regardless of secondaries, you should swap a piece of it has +10/15 ilvl on top of your old one.
    Last edited by redfella; 2016-10-30 at 01:55 PM.
    If a monk has 200k DTPS and 200k HPS in hots on him, does anyone hear when he purifies?

ARMORY - ARMORY
    <Ninjapartio>

10+ Year Old Account
    That count for all gear except trinkets since the agility and stamina alone would be enough to outweigh the gains from the secondaries at +10 ilvls?

Quote Originally Posted by GoKs View Post
    That count for all gear except trinkets since the agility and stamina alone would be enough to outweigh the gains from the secondaries at +10 ilvls?
    Yes, except for trinkets and jewelry, as those have only stamina.

ARMORY - ARMORY
    <Ninjapartio>

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Do DH's benefit from Riposte?

My base Parry is a tad low but I have quite a bit of Crit on my gear. I can't find Riposte in my Spellbook but thought all tanks had it.

So what are your guys opinion on stamina on trinkets? I have 1 trinket from Kara with Stamina and it pushes my HP to 4.13 mil with flask. Another one would push me close to 4.5.

It's not in anyone's spellbook cause idk why, but yes, we do have riposte. Just look at crit on your character sheet, it'll tell you how much parry it gives you. And no, it's not very high, but it's stronger than it looks, especially when tanking large groups.

Quote Originally Posted by jaksan View Post
    So what are your guys opinion on stamina on trinkets? I have 1 trinket from Kara with Stamina and it pushes my HP to 4.13 mil with flask. Another one would push me close to 4.5.
    Don't bother with stam trinkets. You will get more value out of trinkets that proc vers/has or just static agi/X trinkets than a stam and agi flask too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by diachroniko View Post
    It's not in anyone's spellbook cause idk why, but yes, we do have riposte. Just look at crit on your character sheet, it'll tell you how much parry it gives you. And no, it's not very high, but it's stronger than it looks, especially when tanking large groups.
    I have 27% crit, a good chunk of that from Gear yet have 3% parry.

Seems a bit off.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    Sorry to re-post but apparently my post disappeared among others - would there be a chance for some advice regarding my gear?

I'm using the versatility > mastery > haste > crit. However I've got a problem if ilvl should be the most important factor or the stats themselves?

Shoulders:
    Got legendary Runemaster's Pauldrons 895 ilvl, 745 crit, 413 haste
    vs
    Spaulders of the Shattered Abyss 850 ilvl, 279 haste, 699 mastery

Cloak:
    Pvp 845 ilvl, 257 verstatility, 463 mastery
    vs
    Mythic 870 ilvl, 508 haste, 282 mastery

Gloves:
    Mythic+ 850 ilvl, 574 mastery, 406 +150 (gem) versatility
    vs
    Dreamsculptor's gloves 875 ilvl, 399 crit, 675 haste

I'm currently using all "lower level" ones.

Also what are suggested stat weights for Ask Mr. Robot / Pawn ?
    Leg Shoulders, Mythic Cloak, Dreamsculptor's.

No stat weights.

Just literally wear +10s and if its the same item go with what you need. If you need to be more tanky and you have plenty of DS uptime just go mas/vers but otherwise go has/vers or has/mas. Crit is fine too but if you have the choice at same ilvl go with better stated items.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    I have 27% crit, a good chunk of that from Gear yet have 3% parry.

Seems a bit off.
    More like ~10% of the 27% is from gear. That is barely 3700 crit btw. Which gives about 7% parry on top of base parry. You clearly aren't looking at your char sheet cuz I have basically the same crit.

Crit: https://gyazo.com/8361de9c703712b392461248744502be
    Parry: https://gyazo.com/835e0ef8b1a646214280c9e00c98dc31
    Last edited by Jellospally; 2016-10-30 at 10:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellospally View Post
    More like ~10% of the 27% is from gear. That is barely 3700 crit btw. Which gives about 7% parry on top of base parry. You clearly aren't looking at your char sheet cuz I have basically the same crit.

Crit: https://gyazo.com/8361de9c703712b392461248744502be
    Parry: https://gyazo.com/835e0ef8b1a646214280c9e00c98dc31
    Well I clearly am since that is the entire reason why I brought it up.

But good to know Riposte does work for Veng.

10+ Year Old Account
    What relics should I be using? Particularly for Mythic+ dungeons, as that's really the only thing I do.

I had a look at the WoWhead guide for gear and that said to put it in as long as it's an ilvl upgrade, does that still apply?

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    What relics should I be using? Particularly for Mythic+ dungeons, as that's really the only thing I do.

I had a look at the WoWhead guide for gear and that said to put it in as long as it's an ilvl upgrade, does that still apply?
    I depends on the trait and item level gains. IE, if a relic is giving me 1% more HP but it's only 5 item levels higher (relic, not total) than say, an Immolation Aura, relic...then I don't use it.

For myself, a 10ilvl relic upgrade will usually get it replaced. I'm partial to Immolation Aura damage and Soul Cleave healing.

Random question : DoT's and other things alike can crit, right? Is there a reason why sigil of flames or the ticking on immolation aura can't crit?

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    because celestalon

(immo aura can crit. sigil of flame cannot, soul carver's dot cannot either)
    I meant more like, did he actually state a reason to this? It just sounds kind of silly to me that these can't crit but what do i know... And immo aura only cirts on the initial burst, right? Or does the tick also crit and maybe i just haven't noticed that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delimit View Post
    I depends on the trait and item level gains. IE, if a relic is giving me 1% more HP but it's only 5 item levels higher (relic, not total) than say, an Immolation Aura, relic...then I don't use it.

For myself, a 10ilvl relic upgrade will usually get it replaced. I'm partial to Immolation Aura damage and Soul Cleave healing.
    So the really bad ones I only upgrade with 10 ilvls, but if both of them are decent traits I upgrade at 5?

10+ Year Old Account
    So the really bad ones I only upgrade with 10 ilvls, but if both of them are decent traits I upgrade at 5?
    I would say the other way arround.... the really bad ones replace at 5 and the decent ones at 10. If they give you the same trait, then +1 would do.

I just went back and looked as I distinctly recall him putting a blurb about that, and sure enough, it's there in black and white under Artifact tab:
    Relic Recommendations
    The following traits should be searched for in relics (Note: ilvl will always be a greater benefit than traits, and this should only be used when comparing relics of equal ilvl):

For DPS:
    Aura of Pain (Single Target and AoE)
    Honed Warblades (Single Target)
    Fiery Demise (Single Target Burst)

For Survivability:
    Devour Souls
    Embrace the Pain
    Aldrachi Design
    Will of the Illidari
    These are ordered for best to worst.
    No offense, but maybe try a bit more careful reading?

Though I understand that ilvls tend to win out, however, if you're doing Mythic+ dungeons, you should be aware of what traits might be more useful to you and what traits aren't.