Page 50 of 101 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    What you're missing is not being a bear

Well is there anything to be done about it shot of not being a DH for the fight? We normally have a ret who can BoP (he was gone last night), but I'm not sure what else I can do. If Demon Spikes + max distance one shots me, it's not really feasible to beat unless there's an unstated mechanic about it I'm missing.

Edit: Should I run stam flasks just to try to give myself enough max HP? Switch gems and enchants to mastery to make Demon Spikes do more for the spears? Hope that my trinkets proc at the right time?
    Last edited by grizzlysaurusrex; 2016-11-17 at 03:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by grizzlysaurusrex View Post
    Yeah, I wasn't mid leap that's good to know though for future reference. I was just hanging out with Demon Spikes up on the other side of the map. Hitting for 4.5 million with Demon Spikes up as far away as I was seems unreasonable. I've seen videos of Bears being half as far as I was getting hit for 1.5 million. It makes me think I'm missing something obvious about it, but I wasn't sure.
    I did hc odyn last Tue and with about half the platform away and Ds the hit left me with about 15-20% hp from full hit and i only have just over 4m hp, so sounds like something wrong.

Also to your later comment i use stam flask and vers gems.
    This is ten percent luck, twenty percent skill
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will
    Five percent pleasure, fifty percent pain
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

Sometimes the spear hits me for like 10-15% on HC, sometimes for 80%. All those time's I've been leap + some yards away with demon spikes up. It's really quite weird. What makes it even more fun is that on my Brewmaster I can actually just stand in melee and purify after it hits, and when my co-tank died I died to the 4th spear which did 46M damage.

Edit: Got 3.9M hp and 68% total phys. reduction when Demon Spikes are on.
    Last edited by redfella; 2016-11-17 at 05:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by a wiser man
    Tanking should not exist just to let healers and dps have fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coramac
    If a monk has 200k DTPS and 200k HPS in hots on him, does anyone hear when he purifies?
    WeakAura sets with Rotation Helpers: Vengeance - Brewmaster

ARMORY - ARMORY
    <Ninjapartio>

Using empowered wards at the same time may help a bit since it does a ~600k nature damage hit to the raid as well, which I assume includes the target.

Very true. Our raid today was cancelled so didn't get to progress it on Mythic, but I suspect it's gonna be difficult.

I mean DS + Meta + EW and then DS + EW (Last Resort procs) handles two spears pretty well, but after that. Ouch.

Then again, could be the scaling in HC was just off, we had our core raiders and socials boosting the loot amounts in HC so the spear in HC30 could be near M20.
    Quote Originally Posted by a wiser man
    Tanking should not exist just to let healers and dps have fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coramac
    If a monk has 200k DTPS and 200k HPS in hots on him, does anyone hear when he purifies?
    WeakAura sets with Rotation Helpers: Vengeance - Brewmaster

ARMORY - ARMORY
    <Ninjapartio>

Killed Mythic Odyn as a Vengeance DH.

For every spear I did Demon Spikes + Soul Barrier(Used 1 sec before getting hit) + Empowered Wards then also used a CD: Fiery Brand > Ironbark > Meta > Fiery Brand > Bop. BoP also negates it as well btw. I went with Abysmal Strike and that was about the distance I would generate then come back in.

Also if needed a well placed Armor Pot would cover 2 Spears.
    Last edited by Beastyn; 2016-11-18 at 08:52 AM.

You can easily live first 3 spears with just DS + Emp Wards on Mythic. 4th proc'd my LR. 5th I used a Ironbark only and 6th killed me, but I would have died anyway was only at 1.7m hp when it hit me. We actually didn't have any other raid cds so ya. I also was greedy and used FB while other tank took spear for dps.

That is with 39.2% DS and 4.6k vers and no 35th trait.

So if it can be done as DH on mythic, why are heroic spears in a 10 person raid hitting me for 4.5 million from one end of the outer third sections to the other with Demon Spikes up? Is the damage bugged and based on how far you are from where you were when he initially targets you with it? Could small raid scaling be messed up again?

Grats on the kills, by the way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trinket question:
    855 Darkmoon
    870 (+socket) Shivermaw's Jawbone
    885 Goblet of Nightmarish Ichor

I'm thinking Goblet+Shivermaw for mythic+ and Darkmoon+Goblet for raids?

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Trinket question:
    855 Darkmoon
    870 (+socket) Shivermaw's Jawbone
    885 Goblet of Nightmarish Ichor

I'm thinking Goblet+Shivermaw for mythic+ and Darkmoon+Goblet for raids?
    Darkmoon for everything
    Jawbone for M+
    Goblet for Raid

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Munkky View Post
    Darkmoon for everything
    Jawbone for M+
    Goblet for Raid
    Okay, thank you

So I just found my second legendary and I now have :

Fragment of the Betrayer's Prison : http://www.wowdb.com/items/138854
    and
    Cloak of Fel Flames : http://www.wowdb.com/items/137066

I feel like I should go full haste against anything else, what do you think ?
    Chic Not Geek

Legendaries shouldn't change your stat priorities. For survivability in raiding you still want vers > haste >= mastery

Quote Originally Posted by diachroniko View Post
    Legendaries shouldn't change your stat priorities. For survivability in raiding you still want vers > haste >= mastery
    That is not what I read in the icy veins guide
    Chic Not Geek

Quote Originally Posted by lovingbenji View Post
    That is not what I read in the icy veins guide
    Care to link to where it says that in the guide? I see no mention of legendaries changing stats in any way on the icy veins guide.

And just to clarify, I said they shouldn't change your stat priority, but they may still make you favor one stat a bit more than before. i.e. your priority will still be vers > haste >= mastery > crit, but you may want to prioritize haste a bit more, just still not more than vers.

Has and Vers are both perfectly fine to stack. You actually won't notice a difference tbh.

But that ring you really won't notice much from it tbh.

^ this mostly really. The secondaries are close enough together that unless you're in a higher end mythic guild, you'll just take the higher ilevel piece most of the time. This excludes trinkets and rings ofc, but in general the priority is only for items within ~5 ilevels of each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Jellospally View Post
    But that ring you really won't notice much from it tbh.
    :-( I thought (reading the guides) that it was the best legendary for us (If I understood what you said)

Thanks a lot for your answers anyway !

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by diachroniko View Post
    Care to link to where it says that in the guide? I see no mention of legendaries changing stats in any way on the icy veins guide.
    Sorry, I read it on the google doc link (1st page) : "This is probably the best Legendary. It gives a decent amount of leech and goes well with haste being our best defensive stat."
    Chic Not Geek

Quote Originally Posted by lovingbenji View Post
    :-( I thought (reading the guides) that it was the best legendary for us (If I understood what you said)

Thanks a lot for your answers anyway !

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, I read it on the google doc link (1st page) : "This is probably the best Legendary. It gives a decent amount of leech and goes well with haste being our best defensive stat."
    In real play 15% leech with not even 50% uptime will give you like 5-10k effective hps maybe. For raids its quite bad. For M+ its different. It actually has use. Cloak + Belt is what I would prefer for Raid tbh. You just get so little value out of that leech.

Ring will be much better with 4 set though.