Question Tanking Dummy Live vs Beta

After pre-patch I decided to do some testing against the Tanking Dummy in the Fel Hammer. On Beta I had been getting consistently to 13 stacks or so, but on Live the dummy crushes me at 3 or 4 stacks. I recopied my DH and tested on Beta just now with the same spec and gear, and I was again able to hit 13 stacks.

Anyone else seeing similar difference? I cannot tell at a glance what the discrepancy is; anecdotally it seems like the Beta Dummy attacks more slowly? It was disconcerting to feel so squishy on Live.

Hey I'm new to tanking on my DH, what do you mean by stacks? I'm also getting wrecked by the training dummy and am super glad it's not just me

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathHunter View Post
    Hey I'm new to tanking on my DH, what do you mean by stacks? I'm also getting wrecked by the training dummy and am super glad it's not just me
    The dummy hits you with an ability periodically (I forget what it's called!) that increases in damage the longer you're engaged with it. Eventually it one-shots you, the idea is to get used to taking bigger and bigger hits.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Thanks! I'm getting to 3-4 stacks as well with 219 ilvl, pulling about 1.5-1.7k dps. My ilvl in Havoc (which is my main class/spec) is 221 and I pull around 3k (not on the tanking dummy tho)

Before pre-patch with 940ish tanking gear I could reach the stacks 50+ (the guy was huge), now I die at 4-5......

Self healing is massively reduced across the board, so our ability to out heal the tanking dummy is gone.
    Orloth SilverEye
    <Demon Hunter Moderator>
    "I am my scars."

Gone those times when I've got tanking dummy to 100-120 stacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Orloth View Post
    Self healing is massively reduced across the board, so our ability to out heal the tanking dummy is gone.
    It's not even that though.

You didn't even need much self healing to survive on him before, you could survive until you got too bored to continue doing only a measely 100k hps because he didn't hit hard enough and most of it was over healing anyways.

Now he will bitch slap anyone down in 3-6 stacks(and it's luck on how many AAs you parry tbh) and it's not even the self sustain that's the issue, it's him hitting you for over half your health in single AAs.

Deleted
    Are you on the right dummy? theres a raiding one and a dungeoneer's one. I got to 14 on the raiders one and 26 on the dungeon one