Page 87 of 101 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Is spirit bomb stopping white swings for anyone else?

If it was, I wouldn't care all the time it's overpowered.

Wonder how this will perform in the Arti Challenge... I'd suggest trying to get it done whilst it's quite OP if possible!
    Last edited by Taiina; 2017-06-16 at 12:22 PM. Reason: Derp
    Midandorie --> Woodzy
    110 DH/Warr/Monk/Sham/Hunter/Lock neglected
    EU - Slightly Salted (6/8H) - Magtheridon

Playing with Spirit Bomb feels odd. The entire soul fragment mechanic plays very weird, the buff saying how many you have updates very slow and spirit bomb being a delayed explosion is even worse, it feels like you have to stop shearing or fracturing before it explodes as to not go over the 5 cap, because then you consume 2 and explode only for 3... I'm at 17% haste (using havoc gear atm, switched specs for m+ cuz pugs are retarded in terms of their ilvl req, 900 ilvl for a fucking +7 lmao) so that shouldn't be the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Alassiel View Post
    Playing with Spirit Bomb feels odd. The entire soul fragment mechanic plays very weird, the buff saying how many you have updates very slow and spirit bomb being a delayed explosion is even worse, it feels like you have to stop shearing or fracturing before it explodes as to not go over the 5 cap, because then you consume 2 and explode only for 3... I'm at 17% haste (using havoc gear atm, switched specs for m+ cuz pugs are retarded in terms of their ilvl req, 900 ilvl for a fucking +7 lmao) so that shouldn't be the problem.
    I agree it feels odd, but I do like the idea that we have a triumvirate of ways to suck in all souls and use them - Soul Cleave, Soul Barrier, and now Spirit Bomb - each for a different effect.

As for 900, did you perhaps just return to the game? Blizz has put in many catch-up mechanics as they want everyone geared enough to start Tomb of Sargeras. There's a vendor with 880 gear that WF and TF frequently. A world boss that drops 900 gear that TF to 915. You can even buy 900 crafted gear and legendaries. If you don't mind spending gold, and/or dropping $20 on a token, you can be 908+ pretty much immediately.

Not judging, just catching you up in case you'd missed it.

Here is an updated link to the soul fragment weak aura.This one updates based on when you can readily use it.

https://wago.io/V1AjuRjGQ

Quote Originally Posted by Munkky View Post
    Here is an updated link to the soul fragment weak aura.This one updates based on when you can readily use it.

Would it be possible to 'glow' the Spirit Bomb button on hitting 5 frags? I'm not sure that's something everybody would want, mostly curious if that's an easy addition.

Deleted
    Just me or is Fracture + Spirit Bomb boring as shit to play with? I gain over 200k dps but end up not enjoying playing the content at all, don't think I can bring myself to playing that spec...

Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    I agree it feels odd, but I do like the idea that we have a triumvirate of ways to suck in all souls and use them - Soul Cleave, Soul Barrier, and now Spirit Bomb - each for a different effect.

As for 900, did you perhaps just return to the game? Blizz has put in many catch-up mechanics as they want everyone geared enough to start Tomb of Sargeras. There's a vendor with 880 gear that WF and TF frequently. A world boss that drops 900 gear that TF to 915. You can even buy 900 crafted gear and legendaries. If you don't mind spending gold, and/or dropping $20 on a token, you can be 908+ pretty much immediately.

Not judging, just catching you up in case you'd missed it.
    Yeah, I've been away for a few months, but I'm not that much behind, I'm sitting at 891, three legendaries where two are bis, and last time I recall the m+ changes were what, +2% dmg per level, so why is every idiot asking for 900 and more for some trivial ass dungeons? I tanked a hov+7 keystone on my 891 DH with Havoc gear and trinkets, 40 traits in my artifact and it was piss easy, some dpses in my group had less than 3.1M health. The only thing remotely immitating hardship was that stupid affix which artificially slows you down by making you wait between packs for its stupid dot to wear off.

Vengeance is a spammy spec, I've noticed. If the soul fragment mechanic was much better polished, the spec would be a pleasure to play imho. Count the souls ready for use the moment you see them fly and update the buff immediately and have spirit bomb explode right away - you will still have to be smart about not fracturing and using shear at 3-4 stacks so you don't overcap and autoconsume, but it would feel much better, much more fluid.

Thanks for letting me know about the catching up, I'll see what I can get done.

Quote Originally Posted by Munkky View Post

Will you safely be able to use Spirit Bomb whenever the aura says so? Wouldn't it be sometimes used at 3 or 4 fragments since the original fragment buff is a bit delayed? Say you have 3 fragments, you press Fracture and use Spirit Bomb right away - 3 or 5 would be used? I guess I'll have to do some dummy hitting :P
    Last edited by mauserr; 2017-06-16 at 08:01 PM.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Vengeance
    Damage of all abilities reduced by 5%.
    Spirit Bomb damage reduced by 33%.
    lol the amazing devs at blizzard do it again, spirit bomb overperforming but lets also nerf every other abilities damage

Quote Originally Posted by Arthrix View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Vengeance
    Damage of all abilities reduced by 5%.
    Spirit Bomb damage reduced by 33%.
    lol the amazing devs at blizzard do it again, spirit bomb overperforming but lets also nerf every other abilities damage
    Such a minor nerf to SB in the grand scheme of things while nerfing every other ability just makes SB even more required to do strong DPS.

Spirit Bomb should have gotten closer to a 50% nerf, with a buff to fraility. The rest of our abilities shouldn't have been touched.

Blizzard gonna blizzard.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-06-16 at 11:05 PM.

The 33% without the buff to frailty (or having SB inherit SC traits) could prove problematic though as it does remove what little burst healing the talent had on subsequent casts. I guess we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Nahela View Post
    The 33% without the buff to frailty (or having SB inherit SC traits) could prove problematic though as it does remove what little burst healing the talent had on subsequent casts. I guess we'll see.
    It still destroys every talent in that row, even if you use it less(which you're going to do anyways on serious content) it's still going to be taken by everyone.

33% is what Munkky has been predicting all along. The 5% is a bit of a surprise. Overall we're still much stronger than we were in 7.2.

Quote Originally Posted by Alassiel View Post

Will you safely be able to use Spirit Bomb whenever the aura says so? Wouldn't it be sometimes used at 3 or 4 fragments since the original fragment buff is a bit delayed? Say you have 3 fragments, you press Fracture and use Spirit Bomb right away - 3 or 5 would be used? I guess I'll have to do some dummy hitting :P
    it updates based on when a soul is available. Has nothing to do with soul count.

My opinion is that to really fix spirit bomb and not do a bandaid fix like they just did, they need to swap the talents of Fracture and Blade Turning. This makes both talent rows make sense, remove the synergy between fracture and SpB and give different playstyles to people.

So do souls consumed after casting soul barrier count towards the shield or only the souls consumed when you cast it count towards the shield? I have been using spirit bomb to consume the souls then casting soul barrier or using soul barrier then start with my rotation.
    Last edited by Beatin; 2017-06-17 at 04:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mmouser View Post
    My opinion is that to really fix spirit bomb and not do a bandaid fix like they just did, they need to swap the talents of Fracture and Blade Turning. This makes both talent rows make sense, remove the synergy between fracture and SpB and give different playstyles to people.
    Except for the original reason for Fracture being where it is was because of the obvious interaction with Feed the Demon.
    Orloth SilverEye
    <Demon Hunter Moderator>
    "I am my scars."

So what's the new rotation now Munkky ? I wasn't anymore using Soul Cleave, should I now ?
    Chic Not Geek

Quote Originally Posted by Orloth View Post
    Except for the original reason for Fracture being where it is was because of the obvious interaction with Feed the Demon.
    Yea, I think many people forget fracture was moved to that row(and wasn't there originally) because of it's crazy OP synergy with FTD if you can have both.

If fracture is ever moved, or made baseline then one or the other needs completely reworked or you're looking at a very easy 100% uptime on DS.

Quote Originally Posted by lovingbenji View Post
    So what's the new rotation now Munkky ? I wasn't anymore using Soul Cleave, should I now ?
    Check out the wowhead guide for that. I'm going to hold off on the video I was working on and put it out next week.