world quests for healers

beta testers, are world quests a pain to solo as a healer (assuming what they say is true with healers doing 1.5 times less dmg that DPS) with the reduced DPS or are they relatively smooth/fast to clear? I sure would be disappointed if say a pure DPS can clear twice as many WQ's in the same amount of time. I have limited time to play and if that's the case then I need to main a Tank/DPS instead of a healer. any info would be appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Vauclair View Post
    beta testers, are world quests a pain to solo as a healer (assuming what they say is true with healers doing 1.5 times less dmg that DPS) with the reduced DPS or are they relatively smooth/fast to clear? I sure would be disappointed if say a pure DPS can clear twice as many WQ's in the same amount of time. I have limited time to play and if that's the case then I need to main a Tank/DPS instead of a healer. any info would be appreciated!
    If speed of WQ's is the most important thing to you...and you are not planning on doing WQ's in a group (which is what a healer role is made for, group stuff) then you might want to consider playing a DPS. Healer alone is going to be slower than a DPS of equal AP/traits/gear...and that is how it should be. Most healers find groups for WQ's - but they are doable alone, obviously, just slower.

Would be nice if they added a party bonus outside of dungeons and raids to help in leveling.

Tank in party (doesn't matter how many) = 1% XP gain
    Healer in party (doesn't matter how many) = 1% XP gain
    1 Tank - 1 Healer - 3 DPS in party = 5% XP gain

Solo leveling no party bonus.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just tag everything you see that anyone is already fighting. There's faction-shared tags now, it's ridiculously easy to complete
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

but say its 3am server time and im trying to use free non-raiding time to get more order resources and or WQ gear, grabbing a party isn't the easiest at those times. I just wanted to see if this was a royal pain to do solo or if I was "required" to have a group to grind these on off hours.

Will you be able to solo? Yes.
    Will you be as efficient as a DPS? No.

10+ Year Old Account
    While you would do less dps but you can recover faster and can withstand longer fight with bigger mobs.

Just run around and heal other people who are doing it, since the tagging system is awesome now

If you MUST dps.. it's still fine, just a little slower

thanks all for the imput!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TenthDoctor View Post
    Would be nice if they added a party bonus outside of dungeons and raids to help in leveling.

Tank in party (doesn't matter how many) = 1% XP gain
    Healer in party (doesn't matter how many) = 1% XP gain
    1 Tank - 1 Healer - 3 DPS in party = 5% XP gain

Solo leveling no party bonus.
    I absolutely love this idea. It's rare that I read an idea that I would want to see implemented in the game on MMO-Champion, but you have succeeded. Well done, sir.

- - - Updated - - -

but say its 3am server time and im trying to use free non-raiding time to get more order resources and or WQ gear, grabbing a party isn't the easiest at those times. I just wanted to see if this was a royal pain to do solo or if I was "required" to have a group to grind these on off hours.
    Just have some garbage dps gear and a dps off-spec, and you'll be fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im confused... dual spec. Use the off spec as a DPS spec. Quest with that.

You can swap specs on the fly and gear is basically universal, so why not just swap to DPS spec for doing WQ?

Quote Originally Posted by destia View Post
    You can swap specs on the fly and gear is basically universal, so why not just swap to DPS spec for doing WQ?
    Because of, you know, very shitty artifact weapon?
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Because of, you know, very shitty artifact weapon?
    Does it really matter if the only thing you use it for is WQ?

Honestly there's a bigger difference between some dps specs than between some of the lower tier dps specs and healers. Like questing as a priest for example is gonna suck regardless of what you play, while a lot of melee classes can just rush through things. Also tanks are far above anything else in terms of questing speed due to their ability to pull nearly unlimited mobs and survive.

At least as a healer you are less likely to die even if you aggro a bit too much.

It's a pain. But we get instant queues for dungeons, easier to find a mythic group with lower ilvl, and there are several WQ's per day that are easier with a healer.

In addition, once your artifact knowledge scrolls start coming in, it's totally worth powering up your dps artifact and WQ as dps.
    Last edited by Manhands; 2016-06-23 at 10:17 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I don't think it's too much to ask people to give feedback based on actual abilities/testing, not hyperbole. (Celestalon)

7+ Year Old Account
    I've often recommended something to make it possible for healers and tanks to quest in those specs a little less painfully slow. I leveled a prot pally only by questing back in MoP. I know, I'm an idiot.

Maybe something like a passive that all heal and tank specs have.

Stand Alone

passive; When you are not in a group, all of your damaging abilities have their cast time ( if any) reduced by 50% and their damage increased by 200%.
    Last edited by Berengil; 2016-06-23 at 11:17 PM.