Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    I'm not saying I WANT her to be a raid boss but it wouldn't shock me if she did end up corrupted or did something crazy at this point that would force the Alliance's hand. Would it be good storytelling? Maybe not, but they've wasted characters before in this way. Vol'jin's reign as warchief and death weren't exactly great storytelling either. Nor was the archbishop turning into the twilight prophet.

I'm not asserting that she WILL be a boss, or that it would be good storytelling if she becomes one, I'm only saying I could it happen with where things are now. Jaina's not exactly in the best of conditions right now. Would she willingly join the Legion? No. But I could certainly see her ending up corrupted or going to far to get revenge on the Horde after having severed her ties with Dalaran and running off on her own.

It is kind of ironic though, last time the Legion had a full on invasion she was the one to unite with the Horde against them, now she's the one (well Genn too) that's refusing to cooperate at all. It's not even just a case of distrusting the horde, she's even rejecting the stance of 'let's deal with the Legion first THEN deal with the horde.' I don't think that bodes well for her.
    I never implied that you WANT that to happen, simply the reason for why it's not that likely to happen. Everyone screamed about Maiev becoming a raid boss after the Wolfheart events even though seems quite unlikely to happen now. And about Vol'jin and Benedictus, we just don't know enough about the first's story to draw conclusions, the second was "wasted" because Blizzard cut content out of the last patch, showing a story they failed to properly tell. Not the most fitting examples IMO.

Jaina may be a bit isolated but she's just in no position to fill a raid spot right now. It's more likely and more logical for her to reach Kul Tiras rather than being randomly corrupted just to not bother to even offer an half-logical motivation for her actions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Worth noting, she could eventually end up as part of a raid encounter without ever being "evil", or indeed, without us ever killing her for lootz. Valithria Dreamwalker, Lei Shi, pretty sure (?) Tsu'long, just off head. Algalon. They could easily make her the center piece of a raid encounter without giving her a heel turn. Like, say, alternating phase encounter where she gets MC'd by a Dreadlord, because that joke exists, and you have to DPS her out, and then when she is free ahe gives buffs for a burn phase on boss. Just as example.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    Is that a hereditary position the same way a king is? Because she's not been shown to have ANY involvement with Kul'tiras at all. I know she's from there, but it would be odd to have her suddenly take up that position after all these years of having jack all to do with Kul'Tiras other than being the daughter of its former admiral. She's not even particularly experienced in naval combat. It would feel really weird and forced for her to suddenly return and take up that mantle when presumably SOMEONE has to have been leading Kul'tiras over the past 15 years or so.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not saying I WANT her to be a raid boss but it wouldn't shock me if she did end up corrupted or did something crazy at this point that would force the Alliance's hand. Would it be good storytelling? Maybe not, but they've wasted characters before in this way. Vol'jin's reign as warchief and death weren't exactly great storytelling either. Nor was the archbishop turning into the twilight prophet.

I'm not asserting that she WILL be a boss, or that it would be good storytelling if she becomes one, I'm only saying I could it happen with where things are now. Jaina's not exactly in the best of conditions right now. Would she willingly join the Legion? No. But I could certainly see her ending up corrupted or going to far to get revenge on the Horde after having severed her ties with Dalaran and running off on her own.

It is kind of ironic though, last time the Legion had a full on invasion she was the one to unite with the Horde against them, now she's the one (well Genn too) that's refusing to cooperate at all. It's not even just a case of distrusting the horde, she's even rejecting the stance of 'let's deal with the Legion first THEN deal with the horde.' I don't think that bodes well for her.
    Ugh, that last part so true, and makes me so sad T_T

Blizzard sucks at story telling. Don't know how or when it happened but the story is pretty much shit now. They should just kill Jaina off. Then Kill Slyvanas an xpac afterwards. Becoming raid bosses is only logical conclusion to both their story arcs.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripzzz View Post
    Blizzard sucks at story telling. Don't know how or when it happened but the story is pretty much shit now. They should just kill Jaina off. Then Kill Slyvanas an xpac afterwards. Becoming raid bosses is only logical conclusion to both their story arcs.
    I didn't realize you were master of logic and could see every possible character path and deem what is logical.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    I didn't realize you were master of logic and could see every possible character path and deem what is logical.
    Now you know. Respect my authority.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Yeah indeed, the examples of this are countless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.