Returning for Legion (starting today), any advice?

Returning for Legion. Today is day 1. I will boost my intended main (retribution paladin) to 100 and plan to level 3 more characters to 100 (I want to get at least one of them done before August 30th). What should I focus on until August 30th though? Garrisons? Transmog runs (since this will be one of my main activities)? Reputations? Professions? Should I just focus on leveling my alts? Something else?

Can I even make any profit from the Garrison if I start it now from scratch? Should I not even bother with it? Should I wait with professions till Legion launches because the skill level doesn't matter anymore and I can level 1-800 with Legion mats anyway?

(Since one of my threads was closed due to it asking other people to choose for me, I want to clarify that nobody chooses anything for me in this thread, I am asking for advice. I will ultimately take the final decision. This is more of a discussion, I want to hear currently active players' opinion on what is most beneficial to me.)

Deleted
    Don't spend your boost on something before the pre patch hits, all classes getting reworked and every spec will have dramatic changes. The Garrison will be useless in the pre patch unless you want to lvl your professions.

I've read up and tested the changes. So that's not a problem. Never really played paladin for it's gameplay anyway, it's the shiny sets and visuals xD

Sent from my HTC Desire 620 using Tapatalk

Deleted
    Don't touch garrison you'll waste gold on something that will never make a return or really use. I'd say you best just doing some pvp and getting trashran gear you can easily reach 700ilvl with that in a few days. After that transmog and levelling should last you until Legion.

I see, thanks. What about Mythic and Timewalking dungeons?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    I see, thanks. What about Mythic and Timewalking dungeons?

Mythic dungeons will get you some gear and potentially an heirloom trinket. Timewalking is pretty useless in 700 ilvl pvp gear.

Beware, currently rets in a bad place. Check the paladin forums, disregard plz if you know already but are set on the spec.

Garrisons gold going away and is being left behind in wod so dont spend any time with it unless your maxing professions.

Get professions to 300 at least so you can do profession quests in legion. Farm cata dungeons before nerf, get gear from ashran, do brawlers, its going away. Dont bother with legendary ring quest now. Farm water strider mount if you can be bothered.
    Last edited by boomhammer; 2016-07-16 at 10:45 AM.

Deleted
    Gold Challenge Modes. The transmog gear is really neat

Quote Originally Posted by spaceape View Post
    Gold Challenge Modes. The transmog gear is really neat
    Am i really the only one who thinks they're all buttugly? Like super super super useless mogs? I could consider using maybe 2 of the what, 20 transmogs there is?

Deleted
    I think the two hander sword is pretty menacing and huge.
    and the war glaive is undeniably cool, also menacing and huge

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Tusq View Post
    Am i really the only one who thinks they're all buttugly? Like super super super useless mogs? I could consider using maybe 2 of the what, 20 transmogs there is?
    I agree, they are all way over the top and down right hilariously ugly, like something out of a bad He-Man episode.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tusq View Post
    I like quite a few tbh. But that is subjective, if the OP likes the transmog it is something worth checking out/obtaining.

Quote Originally Posted by boomhammer View Post
    Beware, currently rets in a bad place. Check the paladin forums, disregard plz if you know already but are set on the spec.

Garrisons gold going away and is being left behind in wod so dont spend any time with it unless your maxing professions.

Get professions to 300 at least so you can do profession quests in legion. Farm cata dungeons before nerf, get gear from ashran, do brawlers, its going away. Dont bother with legendary ring quest now. Farm water strider mount if you can be bothered.
    Cata dungeons? Not raids?

Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    Returning for Legion. Today is day 1. I will boost my intended main (retribution paladin) to 100 and plan to level 3 more characters to 100 (I want to get at least one of them done before August 30th). What should I focus on until August 30th though? Garrisons? Transmog runs (since this will be one of my main activities)? Reputations? Professions? Should I just focus on leveling my alts? Something else?

Can I even make any profit from the Garrison if I start it now from scratch? Should I not even bother with it? Should I wait with professions till Legion launches because the skill level doesn't matter anymore and I can level 1-800 with Legion mats anyway?

(Since one of my threads was closed due to it asking other people to choose for me, I want to clarify that nobody chooses anything for me in this thread, I am asking for advice. I will ultimately take the final decision. This is more of a discussion, I want to hear currently active players' opinion on what is most beneficial to me.)
    You won't get ANY profits from garrisons as soon as the pre-patch hits. They are nerfing it again and taking out the "gold" missions. You missed out on profits big time as this will be the 2nd major nerf to it. Don't bother with your garrison. Its over, done.
    Professions is up to you. If you wanna make money I hear inscription will be nice especially when a new x-pac drops.