Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Because they changed the genders for the same reason they cast a black guy as Johnny Storm in the Fantastic Four reboot. Only difference is this is gender instead of ethnic diversity bullshit designed to please the SJW/PC crap that has been going around mostly America recently. I mean let's face it we can't even have a movie poster of Mystique being strangled yet in the movie she kills/strangles a fuckton of people because of the SJW/PC crowd. Also from what I've seen so far the movie looks like shit and is trying too hard to be better than the original which it won't be.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-06-21 at 10:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Buljo View Post
    For starters the trailer perfectly embodies everything wrong with "American comedy"; It's some sort of slapstick/Fart comedy. I don't even know what to call it. Adam Sandler comedy? That's the most accurate term I can come up with. I swear to god these comedies must be made with a mold. They're all exactly the same and they're all garbage. This isn't even the problem. Tons of these crap movies are produced every single year and we hear nothing about them because they are dead on arrival and everybody knows it and nobody gives a crap. Yet, this piece of shit has managed to stay in the spotlight for months because of some perceived controversy around an all female cast. There's no fucking controversy. The movie is just clearly shit and that's the only problem so why the fuck are people still talking about it?
    I don't know if its American comedy, there are a lot of comedians who are nothing like that from the US. I think its more PC comedy, simpleton humour that can't offend people.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDestinatus View Post
    Should get an international group going, world wide people hire venues and have screenings of the original movie on the same night. See which draw the most people.
    I know some people in theatres around my city. Some of them would actually go for it, I think. Show the old movie parallel in a smaller hall than the new movie. But you wouldn't get them to actually book the main hall for that.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

I don't get it myself. The movie is not out yet and trailers are trash. How can you judge something you haven't seen? I am usually pretty indifferent about movies till we get close to release. The skills of the director are really the only thing worth getting excited about.

Ghostbusters has a solid director in Paul Feig. I liked Spy, The Heat and Bridesmaids. Yeah it might be his turn to fuck up and remakes are undesirable but hating it is a waste of time and emotion. The actresses are fine but if they fuck up its more Feigs fault than anything.

Similarly I see criticism of Rey in Force Awakens. But where's the criticism of JJ Abrams? If she's a "lame Mary-sue" then why hate the character when you can mock the idiot who made her that way? It's almost like you're looking for an excuse to hate on the ladies.

Remaking a classic with shitty actresses.... all of them female... for literally no reason, is why people are unhappy. This is like if someone found Michael Jordan's very first jersey he wore with the Bulls, and urinated on it lol. Or if someone took a hammer to a classic cadillac. It's just one of those things where you can tell the movie is going to be a massive bomb. The original movie for it's time was awesome, btw.

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    I don't think most people aren't hating on the female cast, they probably wouldn't favor a new all-male crew in a new Ghostbusters movie either. People don't see a need to reboot it, because the original has become a timeless classic, and there is no way this will be better. It has a chance of being a decent comedy at best.
    I don't mean in the sense of whether males or females would be better for the movie. I'm saying the producers made the decision because gender is a hot topic right now. When there's no reason to do that. Make a new franchise with just females, or another reboot. I don't see males screaming for a male Charlie's Angels movie.

Because it looks like pure shit and the original was a classic.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Why not all female?
    Because Ghostbusters is a buddy comedy and you can't do a believable buddy comedy with all women. If you could, it would have been done already. Even Sex and the City rarely has the whole cast together, and then it's mostly for exposition.

OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    It hasn't even come out yet. Looks to be a decent movie but all those dislikes on YT and social media like what is the problem??
    Several reason i hear ( some i agree with). but again this is only from seeing the trailer the movie "might" be good.

1) Look at all the remakes off several 80's cartoon/movie's so far. Gi-joe, transformers, robocop, terminator ?? etc etc. They do not give us peace of mind.

2) over cgi: We like good cgi, we like good practical effects. But this looks like over the top cgi. The old movie's had more practical effects. They fitted better in the movie. Take for example old robocop vs new robocop. they both look nice. Until the action starts, then the new robocop looks as fake as hell.

3) actresses: Apart or in different movies/shows most of them are funny as hell ( kinda dislike mellissa's over the top "funny" acting she does). But what i hate ( and hope is different in the movie) about these actresses is the following. Before i saw the movie, i saw who was in it. And i could say ( sadly) exactly the type of persons they where going to play. All of them seem over the top with their acting, and are cast for their normal style of acting. Example : Kate ( love that women) but you can see they cast her to be the qwerky type ( no problem). But it looks like they are letting/asking her to act like SNL.....meaning TOP qwerky and weird. To tell it short: YOU never go full r-tard!!! I find it offensive for the actresses, Leslie not seen allot of. But the other ones are WAY better then this.

4) female cast: No problem with it. But allot of the movie's director/crew first response was: Let guess you do not like it because they are women now.
    The kept going on and on about that. Pointing fingers at "us" saying where the bad ones...

5) Also making it all about female cast....we do not care...black, white, women, men, transsexual. We DO NOT CARE. But making that the main focus point of your movie is kinda.....blehhh.

6) using modern music, soundtrack etc sometimes you do no mess with the classics. Or you get that weird transfomers song we got with "he who shall not be named" transformers movies.

7) They all talk about putting pretty women in movies as eye candy.....So Hemsworth....could not find a rick moranis type of actor??

8) chemistry between the old cast also comes to mind. Do not see that so far between this cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    You leave the Wayans out of this!
    So, you're telling me you like "A Haunted House" 1&2?

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    I don't get it myself. The movie is not out yet and trailers are trash. How can you judge something you haven't seen? I am usually pretty indifferent about movies till we get close to release. The skills of the director are really the only thing worth getting excited about.

Ghostbusters has a solid director in Paul Feig. I liked Spy, The Heat and Bridesmaids. Yeah it might be his turn to fuck up and remakes are undesirable but hating it is a waste of time and emotion. The actresses are fine but if they fuck up its more Feigs fault than anything.

Similarly I see criticism of Rey in Force Awakens. But where's the criticism of JJ Abrams? If she's a "lame Mary-sue" then why hate the character when you can mock the idiot who made her that way? It's almost like you're looking for an excuse to hate on the ladies.
    Hate those movies with a passion, awkward humour is the worst. Just dumb people starring at each other for too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Buljo View Post
    For starters the trailer perfectly embodies everything wrong with "American comedy"; It's some sort of slapstick/Fart comedy. I don't even know what to call it. Adam Sandler comedy? That's the most accurate term I can come up with. I swear to god these comedies must be made with a mold. They're all exactly the same and they're all garbage. This isn't even the problem. Tons of these crap movies are produced every single year and we hear nothing about them because they are dead on arrival and everybody knows it and nobody gives a crap. Yet, this piece of shit has managed to stay in the spotlight for months because of some perceived controversy around an all female cast. There's no fucking controversy. The movie is just clearly shit and that's the only problem so why the fuck are people still talking about it?
    This is not "American Comedy". There's a lot more to American comedy than fart jokes. And even Adam Sandler made some pretty good movies with a lot of subtle humour in them rather than his usual slamming you in the face with it.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Deleted
    I honestly don't care about "all-female" cast (though I would pick up better female comedians). My main problem is turning the dark humor from the original movie into some type of "Adam Sandler comedy", but worse (even Sandler had good movies). The next trailer needs a fart joke to be complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    So, you're telling me you like "A Haunted House" 1&2?
    No but Don't be a Menace to South Central was a hilarious parody movie.

They butcher the tone, every thing in the trailers just falls flat on its face, its looks more like a spoof of Ghostbusters then a remake of it.

10+ Year Old Account

A well thought video about the video and why people dislike it.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    They butcher the tone, every thing in the trailers just falls flat on its face, its looks more like a spoof of Ghostbusters then a remake of it.
    That's the sad part of it. The VFX are way too good for a spoof. It's like a spoof but takes itself too seriously on the technical side. This is going to be an embarassment.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    No but Don't be a Menace to South Central was a hilarious parody movie.
    Hence the word recent. I love me some original scary movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post

A well thought video about the video and why people dislike it.
    Shame a lot of people shat on James for that video. I think he did quite a good job personally. Although the people shitting on him were mostly angry/crazy feminists who have 0 idea what a misogynist or sexism actually is.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-06-21 at 10:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    Totally agree she was terribad. I liked the new mad max tho Furiosa is badass!
    I actually have yet to see that, but I mean Charlize Theron is also one of my favorite female actresses and her roles are so varied yet she hits the mark every time.