Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I couldn't care less either way, although I don't like when any reboot mangles the spirit of the original by messing with the casting or the story. Same thing that goes when Books are made into movies, case in point was the latest Tom Clancy book that was made into a movie. I can't remember the name...sum of all fears I think.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    It hasn't even come out yet. Looks to be a decent movie but all those dislikes on YT and social media like what is the problem??
    Look at the responses so far with people throwing out "SJW" and "PC" and questioning the need for an all-woman cast. That's your answer. The patriarchy and strikes again.

This is the reason why Hollywood is "taking a chance" with this movie, why there's whitewashing of non-white roles, why you'll never see a serious movie with an all-black cast. Because entitled little shitheels who are so used to seeing decades worth of all-male movies, and all-white movies, and all-straight movies can't handle the idea of a movie that doesn't cater 100% to them.
    "Lack of information on your part does not constitute bias on mine."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    Because the cast is a mishmash of unfunny tryhard comedians put together to cash in on the PC crowd with a trendy IP.
    Sums it up for me.

Because it looks fucking atrocious.

I didn't find a single laugh, murmur, smirk or even raised eyebrow from me.

The 100% female cast, which is so feverantly defended seems to have been done 100% because they could knowing it'd bring attention.

The reuse of the title: Ghostbusters meaning that it'll just be Ghostbusters (2016)

The CGI looks like something from a 15 year old scooby doo film or that eddie Murphy haunted house film.

They had the potential to do something really spectacular with this. Really revamp this classic to a whole new audience in addition to the old one, but they squandered it to focus entirely on a new, younger and likely female audience. Almost every piece of that trailer felt so forced, cringey and unfunny. I certainly have nothing against female leads even in comedy - I quite liked "Spy". But this is just abhorent. So much so that I think i'd pay to not have to see it.
    Last edited by Ozyorkbourne; 2016-06-21 at 09:24 PM. Reason: spelling correction

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Oh god, I just saw the trailer... I'm hating it even more now. First the story is a bullshit rip off, then watching the trailer I'm seeing awesome VFX wasted on... crude and unfunny jokes. And... why all female? Why McCarthy? This is not her!
    Why not all female? Most casts are all male or dominantly male.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Krigaren View Post
    Look at the responses so far with people throwing out "SJW" and "PC" and questioning the need for an all-woman cast. That's your answer. The patriarchy and strikes again.

This is the reason why Hollywood is "taking a chance" with this movie, why there's whitewashing of non-white roles, why you'll never see a serious movie with an all-black cast. Because entitled little shitheels who are so used to seeing decades worth of all-male movies, and all-white movies, and all-straight movies can't handle the idea of a movie that doesn't cater 100% to them.
    Its a pretty sick world we live in. No one wants change for nothing. They just want to see white and grey instead of the 256+ other colors that exist.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

10+ Year Old Account
    Just saying if your main complaint of the movie is "It's an all female cast, it feels forced" with no other thought or reason behind your words then maybe the director was right about the "haters". Or was Mad Max also "PC"? Oh wait, yes, some people did froth about that too I recall. smh

What? You'll find that the majority of casts have some mixture of female and male in them. But hey, I can accept that this is the feminist shit version of Ghostbusters and ignore it. That'll work. I'll actually refer to this movie as Ghostfembusters from now on. Because that's apparently the target audience group. :P
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Oh god, I just saw the trailer... I'm hating it even more now. First the story is a bullshit rip off, then watching the trailer I'm seeing awesome VFX wasted on... crude and unfunny jokes. And... why all female? Why McCarthy? This is not her!
    I didn't know you hate women. Endus will ban you for your hate speech.

nothing in the trailers makes it look funny. I'm not a ghostbusters fan so I don't really care that they are updating it, but it still looks like a phoned in cash grab to me.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    But none of the actresses are" PC", not even sure what that words mean in this context. All they did was changed the dynamic of the movie and used women instead of men. No agenda, no appeasing the SJW Boogeymen or whatever.
    This. People are so quick to throw out the SJW/"PC" thing these days that they're starting to apply it to whatever they don't agree with.

There's a lot to dislike about this movie, and I absolutely won't be seeing it, but to attribute that to PC/SJW (and I'm strongly against both) is silly and distracts from the focus that the distaste SHOULD be on. (Studio remakes/cashgrabs/tropes etc)
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

In rough order as to why I currently dislike, yet will try to be open minded about said movie:

1) They could of easily made the movie as a 'New chapter', a Ghostbuster station opening up in say LA, or Chicago, or just about anywhere else. Instead they chose to do a remake, while also warping and changing the story they're remaking.

2) There doesn't seem to be a huge amount of chemistry between the main cast, and the previews they provided were a bit more slapstick than witty humor.

3) I get the whole gender reversal thing, girl power and all that, so now 4 female ghost busters and a male secretary.. but in the previews they instantly point out that he is nothing more than a sex object, the girls fawn over him instantly, and he's shown time and time again to be a complete idiotic airhead. In the original the secretary was smart, often helped put the others in their place, so on so fourth.

All that being said I'll try to give it the benefit of the doubt, but almost all of what they've shown me so far is just.. not good.

Deleted
    Mad Max was a great movie

No idea about Ghostbusters yet, it hasn't come out but the trailer was bad and not funny

It hasn't even come out yet. Looks to be a decent movie but all those dislikes on YT and social media like what is the problem??
    I dont "hate" IT. I just think it looks very unoriginal, is cast with people I find unfunny(Wigg being the exception), is written and directed by a hack and will likely get poor reviews, like most of his movies.

Oh its it is confusing and unnecessary. Is it a reboot? A sequel? Whats up with the old team, are we meant to act like they never existed, if yes why? Its just weird.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

- - - Updated - - -

Its a pretty sick world we live in. No one wants change for nothing. They just want to see white and grey instead of the 256+ other colors that exist.
    Because casting unfunny actors is good if they also happen to be female? I think the concern is more that the only reason they had for casting these actors is so it was solely female and less about female actors in general. It would be a different story if they were at all good in the roles they are playing.

But yes, I'm sure women everywhere will rejoice over having a shitty movie also be one with a female cast instead of choosing good actors regardless of race or gender.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

What? You'll find that the majority of casts have some mixture of female and male in them. But hey, I can accept that this is the feminist shit version of Ghostbusters and ignore it. That'll work. I'll actually refer to this movie as Ghostfembusters from now on. Because that's apparently the target audience group. :P
    How is it feminism? So if I made a show having nothing but Sylvanas, Widowmaker, Kerrigan and the female Wizard from Diablo in it with only Thrall being the male character, is it feminism??!
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Because its written in a new age of "comedy" which just isn't actually funny, they've taken a movie series that was extremely popular, modernised it with feminism, sexualisation of men that would be scorned if it was reversed and just stone faced boring actors that aren't funny. Can't even have a poster now where a fictional woman is being strangled by a fictional man and people wonder why movies are shit now.

Deleted
    not being sexist, but i really dont want to see 4 women trying to do, what cant be bettered.
    i refuse to waste my money watching shit at the cinema...ok i did see warcraft, but that was a one off

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    Because the cast is a mishmash of unfunny tryhard comedians put together to cash in on the PC crowd with a trendy IP.
    Damn son, so well put.....hat tip.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

It's just so bad.

I'm not even some massive nut for Ghostbusters that's peeved that the new movie isn't as good as the old or something. It just seems to be deliberately trying to be as bad as possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

How is it feminism? So if I made a show having nothing but Sylvanas, Widowmaker, Kerrigan and the female Wizard from Diablo in it with only Thrall being the male character, is it feminism??!
    Because they shamelessly use Hemsworth as eye candy but bitch and moan and the situation is reversed.