Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

so i just turned off trade chat........

seriously is there anyone else with a working brain still not turned it off ?

7+ Year Old Account
    I use the BadBoy addon so I usually don't have to turn it off, but I know what you mean. I feel bad for new players that have yet to experience the horrors of WoW community.

Why? I just use IgnoreMore and BadBoy to block half of my server. Other half is fine, and sometimes I even get good trades from chat.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Why? As others have said there are addons to deal with shit like gold/RMT spamming.

low to med pop servers says "Hiya" There are times we can go an hour without people talking. Now if all servers were like the PTR is right now, I do have trade turned off because it's pretty annoying having everyone ask what class is fun and which talents to pick over and over and over and over and over....

Quote Originally Posted by SteveRocks View Post
    I use the BadBoy addon so I usually don't have to turn it off, but I know what you mean. I feel bad for new players that have yet to experience the horrors of WoW community.
    Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Why? I just use IgnoreMore and BadBoy to block half of my server. Other half is fine, and sometimes I even get good trades from chat.
    Thanks for sharing these addons! Now I can Trade Chat back on.

Deleted
    crap i need that addon @.@

Got the badboy addon with various words filtered... trade chat's a lot cleaner thanks to it. Don't want to miss out on that occasional good deal someone's doing.

BadBoy makes it so much better. Try it.
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.

Quote Originally Posted by Zordrage View Post

Turning off trade would be like not visiting the MMO champ forums, they are both complete rubbish, but they are entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Zordrage View Post
    Congratulations on your brain finally working.

might look into those addon's. Have had it off after all that anal spam bullshit.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have Trade Chat set to it's own chat window which i open when i want to read it or post

Deleted
    i like trade chat. hell i liked general chat when it was global. I like watch and feeding trolls or even trying to help the occasional new player with gold and or partying with em, sadly that died down for me in mist. Too many ass hats then and now in my personal opion. i mean helping out new people, trolls are the same as ever. /popcorn

OT - thought meme's was frowned apon on mmo-c

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    Got the badboy addon with various words filtered... trade chat's a lot cleaner thanks to it. Don't want to miss out on that occasional good deal someone's doing.
    Oh cool I didn't realize you could set up various word filters. Can't wait to get home and add words like: Trump, Hillary, and Thunderfury.

You've made the right choice!
    I turned off my trade chat some time back in Wrath, and I've been so much happier in cities ever since.

10+ Year Old Account
    My realm is... erm... not very populated, so trade chat isn't a problem.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Quote Originally Posted by SteveRocks View Post
    Oh cool I didn't realize you could set up various word filters. Can't wait to get home and add words like: Trump, Hillary, and Thunderfury.
    It's a separate extension you need to download for Badboy.

Added "Anal" and "Boost", caused a huge portion of the spam to be blocked.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think if you've just turned it off, Your brain is in fact working at at least, Half capacity, As others have said, Get spam block addons, You can block goldsellers, Anal spammers, guild spammers etc, Leaving only the good deals to be had! I've made a ton of money from trade, People sell stuff all the time because they want gold NOW! and they will take much less than market value

i let it ON because there is always a lots of troll and noob on it that amuse me =)