Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the laugh. I guess there goes no day without one of those joke threads.

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    No, you should look for confirmation from unbiased sources. The world is not black and white, and there are many media outlets that are not pushing agendas.

Relying solely on sputniknews regarding government issues is like relying on Apple magazine to tell you the truth about all technology. Both are going to spin everything to make every other government / every other technology look like garbage and make their own case look rock solid.
    Most major media are biased these days. Western media generally only report the information that fits their agenda, leaving behind details that dont. Information is usually twisted in a manipulative way. When talking about western media I mean all media outlets funded by parties in the western countries, thus pushing their agenda. This includes Al-Jazeera, various "opposition" media and numerious internet media outlets.

Asian media usually reports a bare minimum on politics. No opinion, no analysis, no twisting. It's usually just the news and the point of view of few selected countries, that the country in question is close with.

Most CIS (ex-USSR) countries' media is generally true information with wording twisted in a way the reader/listener clearly understands who the outlet deems to be right or wrong. The exception in Ukraine - it's pretty bad out there, most news are either outrageously twisted up to insulting the opposing party or just lies. The media situation in the country is very different from most ex-USSR countries - in most of them major media are owned by either state or big local or international companies. In the Ukraine almost all the media are owned by local oligarchs, who are effectively in power now, and information is essentially a part of making business there. Plus there is a Ministry of Information that regularly forces certain articles upon most biggest media outlets.

I'm also interested in Arabic, African and Israeli media, but I cant really comment on them right now, needs more research.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    Its the new word of the year to call ppl you disagree with. Even though its like we went back a few decades to find the word.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karrotlord View Post
    Cuck is short for cuckold. It's a man that lets strangers fuck his girl in basic terms.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulslaver View Post
    The general term cuck is short for cuckold, which describes a man who unknowingly raises a child which he did not conceive or a man who takes pleasure in seeing his wife getting fucked by another man.

In politcs it is used to describe people who are quick to criticise the own culture they were raised in without criticising an imported culture even remotely to the same degree if at all (christianity vs islam for instance), welcome (knowingly or unknowingly) trends which damage the current hegemony and are generally quick to submit to governmental, medial or elite imperatives (quick to accept any new demonized boogyman, quick to denounce opposing viewpoints as propaganda)
    The things you learn! Thanks for the input guys :3

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    But most of the Western mainstream press in other countries are doing the same as the U.S. press, especially those that are NATO members or afraid of U.S. economic repercussions if they don't tow the official line.
    And your sources for that are?

And how does that relate to russian state-run media not being a good source?

15+ Year Old Account
    "Western media is bias!" -Person who trusts Russian media
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Deleted
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQKcFugHN50

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBPBdW2wXpc

Than there's people like Michael Hastings getting killed. Sure Russia's media is biased. But the western media is ten times worse.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post

There is no source for this, because it's bs.

I thought conspiracy theories weren't allowed
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Wasn't the NATO vs Russia thread made for a reason?

This is an issue only 5 people care about.
    Hard to contain those hot guys in one playground.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post

"Sources"? Haha. Ask the average guy on the street in Britain about their daily newspapers, or those in Germany, France, and elsewhere. I think many would tell you what side of the political fence the majors are on (if they're being honest), going back many decades.

Russian propaganda is somehow allowed here, weird.

Deleted
    I think Nato is stirring up way more shit than Russia, but this cringe worthy bullshit is of epic proportions.

WTS [Tinfoil Hat], only 500 rubles.

10+ Year Old Account
    huh.... I've seen so little about Russia in the media lately I kinda forgot about the sanctions? Is Ukraine still an issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    Is Ukraine still an issue?
    Is it "still" an issue that Russia annexed, forcefully, a piece of a sovereign country? Oh I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    huh.... I've seen so little about Russia in the media lately I kinda forgot about the sanctions? Is Ukraine still an issue?
    Sanctions are likely to be extended through january 2017 soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulslaver View Post
    Oh, the absolute irony given the context of this thread.

My bad, I should only post articles from nato-approved sites which contain faked russian-aggression next time!
    Yeah, it's unfortunate you don't have basic freedoms in your country that would allow for pro-russian non-state ran media.

Deleted
    If you think that is something OP. Wait until you hear about the American Missile launched at Russia that the Americans disguised as a Meteor!!1111

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    "Western media is bias!" -Person who trusts Russian media
    But that is true! Just look:

https://rsf.org/en/ranking

Russia isn't even in the worst 30! Clearly its media is to be trusted.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.